News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

News and Topics 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2052
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Dai updated his IG!! cheers cheers cheers

Thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi for English translation!!

"Came to do some shopping but it was shut for lunch-break.
So I had some coffee.
Time to start drinking some lighter coffee."
#fingersshort
#noseandmouthbehindthecup
#selfiemanishard

More amazing pics

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/968625386608360

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/968625743274991

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RvSmedia.org/photos/?tab=album&album_id=675804352599984

https://twitter.com/double_bough/status/829675258705649665

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hullabaloo
1A
1A

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Hello everyone,

after several years of being a silent member of this wonderful Dai-haven, I decided to finally de-lurk! I hope it's ok to introduce myself here, instead of in the appropriate thread. Embarassed

Being a mildly socially anxious person, I had been content to follow your conversations "from a distance" up until now. I love the friendly vibe around here and always enjoy keeping updated with everybody's contributions. Thank you everyone for your involvement to make this place what it is!  flower

As my love for the sport had been increasing over the years without having any figure skating enthusiasts to talk to in my daily environment, I was beginning to feel a little lonely lately. I figured, that it might be nice to have a group of like-minded people to exchange views and share experiences with. So I recently started participating actively in discussions on different platforms, first and foremost in one of the two most well known english figure skating communities, I'm sure you're all very familiar with.  Wink   Despite the warnings to beware of flame wars and other horror stories surrounding forums, I found that it wasn't too bad as long as you are open-minded and stick to threads you can constructively contribute to.

To cut a long story short - THE reason I fell deeply in love with this beautiful sport is Dai-chan! I had been a casual viewer for several years - the earliest competitions I remember from TV date back to 2004-06, maybe. (My memories are a little blurry, so I can't tell for sure. Laughing ) I have faint recollections of watching skaters like Brian Joubert, Evgeni Plushenko, Tomáš Verner and Stéphane Lambiel at the Torino Olympics (apparently Dai didn't catch my eye/I didn't get to see him back then, because I would most certainly remember it  tongue ). Before that, I only knew of legendary skaters, like Denise Biellmann or Katarina Witt, who are the most famous around my shores, but i never actually got to watch them, because I was very young when they competed. I don't even know why I suddenly started to tune into skating competitions and while I was fascinated, there was no skater, I felt particularly passionate about.

What I do remember very clearly and vividly is the men's event at the Vancouver Olympics! By that time I had just finished university and not started a job yet, so I had a lot of time on my hands and I nearly watched the Games in their entirety. While being deeply impressed with Snowboard Cross, which I think was a new discipline at the 2010 Games, the absolute highlight was yet to come: The men's figure skating competition! I recall enjoying several competitors' SP's, like Stéphane's, Nobunari's or Denis Ten's, but I didn't have a clear favourite. That was until a certain japanese skater took the ice.  Cool  From the sound of the shattering glass I was hooked! It was Dai's musicality, dancing ability and artistic sophistication that kept my eyes glued to the screen and I don't think I blinked once for I didn't want to miss a second of it! This wonderful performer had me enthralled from the very first moment to the last! What an exciting discovery! I was overjoyed when he received his well deserved high score and placed just behind Plushenko and I couldn't wait for the FS two days later. When Dai took the ice on February 18th I was so nervous for him, even though I had only just discovered him. That fall on the quad at the start made me wince and even though I knew his chances for the Gold were pretty much gone, I was crossing my fingers tightly, that he would still claim a medal. And he did!!! I will never forget his exhilarated face when he climbed onto the podium - he was just so endearing! Finally Dai's gorgeous "Luv Letter" at the gala sealed the deal for me. I've been a devoted fan ever since, though it wasn't until Art on Ice 2015, that I got to see him live for the first time and then once more at Ice Legends one year later.

When it was announced, that he'd be part of the AoI-cast in 2017 again, it was a given I had to be there! The main reason I chose this particular point in time to "reaveal myself", is Pattina's wonderful report from this year's Art on Ice-Tour, which made me want to share my own experiences from Zürich with all of you as well. I already posted my (very extensive) report on GS, so some of you might have already read it, but if it's ok, I'd love to bring it over here. Just let me know.  Wink  

Once again, thank you Pattina for sharing your experience (and so many other goodies) with us! If you don't mind, I'd like to hear more about your adventure. Very Happy Did you meet any of the skaters? What was the atmosphere in Lausanne like? Unfortunately the crowd in Zürich was a little unmotivated in places this time and the singers weren't able to establish much of a connection with the skaters or the audience (James Morrison was still pretty well received though). I enjoyed myself, but on the whole I liked Art on Ice 2015 and Ice Legends better in almost every respect. That being said, I'm always deeply grateful to have the opportunity to see Dai-chan live. Who knows how much longer he'll bless us with his skating performances, so I'm cherishing every moment!  I love you

Have a great day all of you!  sunny

Last edited by Hullabaloo on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:11 am

Welcome Hullabaloo!  Smile  
So great you've decided to de-lurk!  cheers  cheers  cheers

Your report on GS is so wonderful, please, please repost it here!!!  bounce  bounce  

Thanks Pattina for Dai's Insta!
That pic should be on the walls of every cafe!  drunken  What could be better than sipping your coffee while looking into those eyes  drunken  drunken  drunken

From Davos:
Caravan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=009ypkMKmIE&nohtml5=1

The Person I Should Have Been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPnayZjOBFk&nohtml5=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2PKid4U3As&nohtml5=1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Hullabaloo, welcome!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Great you decided to show up!!! We have Dai-related things in common!!

Your post in GS is super!! It has been a joy to read it and to read the one here!! Hope from now you are wiling to share more with other Dai-addicted people at DTFF. Very Happy Please, write as long as you wish!!!

Ilica, thanks for links to videos. And thanks to our precious Twind!!

One more fan cam (good quality and very good position) from yesterday's show

https://youtu.be/pBP2ZgKOkkM

According to this post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi, Dai had a bad cold yesterday pale

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/968896289914603

Anyway, at the evening party he seems to have recovered quite well.... apparently, it was not so bad after all

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQWraRpjfiO/?taken-by=jasminemason_

https://twitter.com/Shimmy1215/status/830230534164877312

If you have new Instagram app with IG Story, try to watch Jasmine full video.

Hullabaloo wrote:
If you don't mind, I'd like to hear more about your adventure. Did you meet any of the skaters? What was the atmosphere in Lausanne like?

This time, unfortunately, I didn't have time for "stalking" like I had at AOI 2015 or Ice Legends 2016. Just arrived few hours before show and left immediately early morning of the day after. I had the happy chance to talk to very nice Japanese fans who were also in Zurich and they confirmed the local audience there was not very enthusiastic towards all skaters a part from Lambiel and Meier. Polite applauses but not "wild" cheering. Of course, Dai-fans tried their best to cheer for him loud and make him feel "at home" I love you
Lausanne venue is smaller and from this point of view audience is "nearer" to skaters/artists. And applauses were warm and extended for everyone.
Many Japanese fans (unfortunately no one sitting near me Mad ) cheering out loud for Dai with towels, expecially in first rows at ice level. (and me frantically waving my D1SK towel, all alone in a crowd of self-controlled Swiss people lol! )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 pm

This evening the last show! And then Dai will rush to Japan, as Four Continents are going to start in South Korea on Feb 16th and he will be there as "navigator" for FujiTV (and we have soon new chances to see him!! cheers )

Two pics of super-gorgeous Dai-chan drunken Now he seems pretty well recovered.

Florent Amodio on twitter and IG   "We are officially ready 4 the last show."

Source https://twitter.com/FlorentAmodio/status/830455238092021761

Michelle Dawley on Instagram "when #loveonthefloor meets #artonice ❤✨🇨🇭🇯🇵 reunited with some of my favourite people"

Source:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BQYFAWol9xd/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:32 pm

AOI has ended, but we still have great memories!!

Great pics of the Zurich show at following link. Dai is on page 2, 5 (end), 6 and just one pic of the finale (page 7) right at the end, when he is giving 5 to Michelle Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93110138@N06/sets/72157676491017233/

Just pity that many pics of "PISHB" are from the back. OK Dai has super butts Laughing  but this expressive face is main reason of this program. And again his cute navel - wondering if this is the reason of his cold: too much skin exposed!! (maybe more in this single program than in all his career lol! )

Michelle filmed Dai from backstage - very nice comment Very Happy Very Happy

https://scontent-nrt1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/14336229_212820792520036_5454705798468861952_n.mp4

Thanks to our super-precious Twind!!! Videos of last show in Davos  cheers  cheers  cheers

Caravan    https://youtu.be/KgsIXFcvgu8

PISHB https://youtu.be/M7C_yo4k3lk

that spin he does behind Morrison, after second jump.... it's sooooooo beautiful and breathtaking I love you I love you

Seems that Dai had a bad cold, but this didn't prevent him from having fun. We have seen him as professional dancer on the stage.... here Dai is dancing for his own pleasure and fun. Video is blurred but you can recognize him, in black pants and white shirt, just at the start and in the end.

https://scontent-nrt1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/15973831_376028259434719_7520636298214768640_s.mp4

Soon we are going to see him again as sport commentator at Four Continents, changing his homeless rags into elegant suit.

Illegaly handsome drunken drunken drunken drunken  

Source: https://www.instagram.com/hiraiwatoruphoto/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hullabaloo
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:45 am

Thank you for the warm welcome ilica and Pattina!  I love you

It's been hard to keep up with all of the updates lately. Thank you for keeping track of it all, Pattina! (The pics from the Kateigaho magazine  drunken) And thank you for the video links, ilica! (I'm almost glad, that the tour is over now, so I don't have to frantically check on news anymore and can finally get some important stuff done again.  Laughing )

PATTINA wrote:
We have Dai-related things in common!!

We do? Seems I've really come to the right place then! What do we have in common, Pattina?   (Apart from nearly fainting in swiss ice shows due to Dai's alluring performances?   lol!  )

PATTINA wrote:

This time, unfortunately, I didn't have time for "stalking" like I had at AOI 2015 or Ice Legends 2016. Just arrived few hours before show and left immediately early morning of the day after.

At least you got to see the show and you met him in the past! I bet there will be more opportunities (soon). Smile I'm almost starting to feel guilty about my "stalking" - I'm always like "hopefully he doesn't remember me from last time." (He most certainly doesn't, but it's making me feel a little uncomfortable anyway.) He's always so polite and cooperative, but you never know what's really going on in his mind. He probably thinks we're all completely crazy.  lol!  

PATTINA wrote:
I had the happy chance to talk to very nice Japanese fans who were also in Zurich and they confirmed the local audience there was not very enthusiastic towards all skaters a part from Lambiel and Meier. Polite applauses but not "wild" cheering. Of course, Dai-fans tried their best to cheer for him loud and make him feel "at home"  I love you

The swiss (but also the german) audiences aren't exactly known for their fiery passion, but as you said, I and several other dedicated skating fans were trying our best to support everyone as enthusiastically as we could (especially the two youngsters, Deniss and Anna, who received the least love.)

PATTINA wrote:
Lausanne venue is smaller and from this point of view audience is "nearer" to skaters/artists. And applauses were warm and extended for everyone.
Many Japanese fans (unfortunately no one sitting near me Mad ) cheering out loud for Dai with towels, expecially in first rows at ice level.

Thanks a lot for the additional stories! Seems like Lausanne will be my preferred destination next time. It's also a nicer area than Zürich with plenty of nature exploration and sightseeing opportunities. Last time after Ice Legends I visited the Olympic Museum, Montreux and Chateaux Chillon - all very recommendable. (Zürich has several nice museums and the "Uetliberg" though.) I'm almost "dreading", that Dai will be at Ice Legends again this year - I can't possibly afford another trip to Switzerland in such a short time span!  Crying or Very sad

PATTINA wrote:
(and me frantically waving my D1SK towel, all alone in a crowd of self-controlled Swiss people lol! )

Haha, oh no, I have that image in my head - that must have felt pretty weird! But then again, who cares? We're not afraid to openly show our support, are we?  cheers

PATTINA wrote:
Your post in GS is super!! It has been a joy to read it and to read the one here!!

ilica wrote:
Your report on GS is so wonderful, please, please repost it here!!!  bounce  bounce  

Aw, thanks for the nice words!  Embarassed

Alright, ilica, you asked for it! Temporarily taking over the thread then  Wink

Last edited by Hullabaloo on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hullabaloo
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 am

Repost of my AoI report from GS:

Now that I'm back from Zürich and also have a little more room to breathe (and after chuckling away at the wave of indignation re. Sean Cheesman's latest "crime" against our favourite uncle), I decided to write a summary of my impressions of this brand new edition of "Art on Ice".

First of all, I feel kinda deflated, that it's all over again, even if imo the show wasn't as good overall as the one in 2015 or "Ice Legends" last year and I'm coming away with rather mixed feelings. I attended the performances on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon and somehow I felt, that Dai was a little off in both of them or at least he didn't get to show-off everything he can do when he's really on fire (like during "Mambo" at IL). On Saturday he was expressive and engaging - so in that regard basically the good ole' Dai-chan we know - but he flubbed most of his jumps and very uncharacteristically made a mistake on his steps and on a flying camel spin and that took a bit away from the impact he otherwise could and would have had. And he wasn't the only one - there were quite a few stumbles and falls throughout the show. (Maybe the cast partied a little too hard the night before. What with the torn pants and who knows what else happened there. ) Still, Dai was definitely working it during "Caravan" with his hip-swivelling, smooth dance-moves and marvelous foot-work. He also had loads of energy and speed! (I would say next to Deniss he was the fastest skater in the show!)

When I heard beforehand, which two programs he would do, I was pretty much in the same boat as many other fans I talked to, i.e. disappointed with the James Morrison song he was given and not convinced of the concept behind it at all, continually cursing Sean Cheesman during the remaining time before my departure to Zürich. On top of this I would have to endure Dai wearing that thing they apparently call a "costume". (Didn't Shoma punish us already with his Dai-inspired plucked chicken replica? Is this a vicious cycle? They must be trying to outdo each other! What's next? Now that its Shoma's turn again, he might wear a sequined used garbage bag to Worlds! *lolsob*) When we first heard about Dai working with Mr. Cheesman in LA, I had such glorious ideas in my head, imagining him doing a funky, combined floor/skating routine, looking smoking-hot in a lavish, sexy rockstar-outfit. *sigh*

Consequently my anticipation was dampened a little, basically looking forward to "Caravan" and preparing myself to be completely indifferent towards "Person I should have been" (I refrained from watching videos before I headed off to Zürich). So it's needless to say, that I found myself very surprised to be drawn in by Dai's interpretation of PISHB to the point he nearly made me cry! (I should probably state, that this doesn't happen frequently to me.) Even with the imperfections, it was a very emotional rendition, and I could only imagine how powerful it might have been, had everything fallen into place. Nevertheless it still left me in shock, because I really didn't expect this kind of impact at all! There were many little moments, that sent shivers down my spine, like when he throws his hat down on the ice in desperation, throws himself down on his knees and especially that move towards the end, where he leans backward, skating on a deep edge on one foot with his other one crossed behind. (Awkward description, I know - is there a name for this move? It was also a highlight in "Luv Letter".) He was really into this moment with visible anguish on his face. I also really liked the ending, when he sits down on the edge of the stage, burying his head in his hands exhaustedly. I usually don't like this type of program, that requires the performer to ham up the emotions, but somehow this worked for me, because - as we all know - Dai has this extraordinary gift to make anything believable while still staying subtle enough!

On Sunday his jumps were much better, but he was less engaging. (Can't have everything at the same time I guess!) Esp. during "Caravan" I didn't feel the passion and abandon he's so famous for. He seemed to hold back and didn't incorporate all of the flirty facial expressions, which are so essential for the number to unfold it's full flair. It was a good performance, but not a swoon-inducing one. So in the end I came away liking his once again heartfelt rendition of PISHB (even if a little less powerful than the day before) more than "Caravan" - *gasp* - life is strange!

I already wrote in Deniss' fan-fest that the audience didn't support all skaters equally and I would even go so far to say, that the atmosphere was generally pretty subdued during large parts of the show, especially on Sunday during the first half, and this sure wasn't helping a sensitive performer, who really feeds off the audience like Dai, to give it his all. There was also a much smaller amount of japanese fans this time - so this might have been another reason for the lack of ecstatic feedback. And I guess a few fans' singular shouts of encouragement (including mine) weren't enough to make up for that. (Maybe it's just my imagination, but Dai didn't look too happy during the finale on Sunday afternoon either.) Furthermore neither Chaka Kahn, nor James Morrison had much of a connection with the skaters, unlike Marc Sway, Tom Odell and particularly Nelly Furtado in 2015, who were constantly aware of what was happening on the ice and improvised their own performances accordingly.

Come to think of it, judging from my own experience at "Ice Legends" and past AOI fan-reports the crowd in the Lausanne/Genève area seems to be way more appreciative of the sport, so that's where I'll be headed next time to spare myself having to deal with a disheartened look on the face of my favourite skater.

Before this report starts to sound overly negative, I should probably put things a little bit into perspective, because there was still plenty to enjoy! I loved Stéphane's and Deniss' "Four Seasons" collaboration (both of them were wonderful, but I want to emphasize, that Deniss made the most of his opportunity to shine in his relatively short part here and was one of the outstanding performers of the entire show and a ray of sunshine). Despite the flaws I still liked both of Dai's programs (well, eventually even fell in love with PISHB *hallelujah*). Both of Meryl's & Charlie's numbers were gorgeous (especially the 2nd one). Aljona was radiant in both of her's & Bruno's performances and they even attempted and nailed most of their spectacular triple twist lifts and throw jumps with incredible height/distance. Stéphane had a rousing solo number in the 2nd half and Nelli's & Alexander's aerial act to "Broken Strings" was truly enthralling & beautiful. Overall the 2nd show-half worked better for me than the 1st one. It also needs to be mentioned how great all of the supporting skaters and dancers were - special shout-out to Elladj Balde, Shawn Sawyer and (dancer) Michelle Dawley, whose obvious joy and passion were very infectuous! Elladj and Shawn entertained us with their awesome signature backflips and spirals/cantilevers respectively. Last, but not least there was the obligatory, testosterone-driven "quad battle" between Stéph and Elladj at the very end of the show, which finally got even the most unmotivated audience-members going. ;-) I liked many songs by both Chaka Kahn and James Morrison - the live arrangements worked well, sometimes subtly covering the flawed vocal performance by the former. (Oops, can't help it, sorry!  )

I also sat next to an extremely nice japanese fellow Dai-fan on Sunday, who I had a very pleasant chat with before and after the show. When it was time to part, she offered me her "d1sk"-towel as a present, which I initially refused to accept, but as she kept insisting I "gave in" in the end. So from now on I can show my support by waving my very own "d1sk"-towel!

Saving the best for last: I was lucky to meet Dai again, which was quite a bit of a surprise to me, because I was convinced, that the skaters would be using some sort of secret back-door to enter the official hotel this time. In 2015 the organization was such a mess with fans almost constantly crowding around the performers in droves, because the Swissotel provided only one passage to get to the rooms. (From my experience most skaters are very approachable, but the situation back then went pretty much off the rails.) I was sure, that the persons in charge had learned their lesson and wouldn't want to make the same mistakes again.

So when I found my way to the Kameha Grand after the show on Saturday, all I intended to do was to explore the hotel's accessible areas a bit, have a drink at the bar and listen to the music from the party next door. Finding myself in the company of Elladj, Florent and Shawn after entering the lobby, was a pleasant surprise, but most certainly not what I had pictured. While I was unsuspectingly watching them chatting to a small group of fans more people kept coming through the main entrance. I didn't realize, that among them were Dai and Nagamitsu-sensei, who had snuck behind my back until I became aware of a minor commotion in front of the elevators. Aaaah, Dai-chan!!! Several fans had quickly gathered around him, holding their AOI programmes out for him to sign. At first I was taken aback so much, that I couldn't decide what to do! Ask for an autograph as well? Hmm, I already have his autograph. Maybe I could try to properly talk to him for a change? After I made that decision I was surprisingly calm. Heaven knows where that sudden courage came from, but I'm sure proud of myself, that I managed to get over my social awkwardness, speak coherently and even look into his eyes while doing so for the first time! I complimented him for his touching performance of PISHB, assuring him, that it had left a deep impression despite the "mistakes", which he responded to with a humble "thank you" and his trademark gentle smile.  Somehow I even found the confidence to jokingly tell him, that he had one more chance to land his jumps the next day, because I would be attending the show for a second time, thus making him laugh out loud. Finally he graciously complied with my polite request to have my picture taken with him and because the first person to come into view at that point was Nagamitsu-sensei, I entrusted her with my camera. A short tutorial and two pictures later, Dai and his entourage were ready to head to their rooms, but not before I had taken the opportunity to thank Ms. Nagamitsu for her wonderful coaching of Dai-chan, giving her major credit for his success. It was only after Dai was out of sight, that I became a little jittery, but by my own standard, I was still remarkably composed. (Is this some sort of habituation effect after meeting your favourite skater three years in a row? The last two times I was a nervous wreck! )

After this equally unexpected and exciting event, I proceeded to take a drink at the bar, as originally planned. From my table I had a nice overview of the lobby allowing me to observe another group of fans, who had set up camp in front of the elevators armed with their AOI programmes, ready to collect as many autographs as possible. Among the familiar faces passing through on their way to the aftershow-party were a gorgeous looking Anna Pogorilaya, a radiant Sarah Meier, Valentina Marchei (!) looking very pretty in a black dress, Bruno Massot being his handsome self, Queen Meryl and several minutes later a very dapper Charlie. For I had finished my drink by that time, I joined the group of admirers to greet the last three and we separately had a brief chat with Meryl and Charlie. While both of them were very kind, I was particularly impressed with Charlie, who came across as extremely genuine and conversational. In spite of the lack of enhanced safety-measures - compared to 2015 - the atmosphere was completely laid-back this time!

A little while later the elevator doors opened once again and it was Dai, who stepped out looking illegally handsome in a black suit and dark blue-greyish shirt.  Of course he couldn't escape his adoring fans without another round of pictures and autographs and so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have another picture taken with him. (Which I admittedly felt a little bad about, but he looked SO nice. *sigh* I know, I'm bad! Don't judge me. ) Finally I wished him a lot of fun at the party before he disappeared through the front doors out of sight.

Round midnight I set off back to my hotel with a bucket full of nice fresh memories in my heart and a smile on my face.

Dai at the Kameha Grand
(click pictures to enlarge)

After the show: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151856819@N03/32428072890/in/dateposted-public/
Looking smart on his way to the party drunken : https://www.flickr.com/photos/151856819@N03/32685578061/in/dateposted-public/

And a few of my blurry pictures from the Sunday show:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Welcome Hullabaloo! You have quite a screen name. Wasn't there a US TV show named Hullabaloo many, many years ago? We are a small group here (although I think we have a lot of lurkers, lol)
Since Dai's retirement a lot of members don't participate here anymore.

I just got through reading your report and it was great along with the gorgeous photos, thank you so much for sharing?

As always many thanks to you Pattina for your hard work keeping up with the very busy Dai-chan which makes it possible for his fans to feel close to him even from a distance. I love you

I wonder what the announcement on 2/14 mentioned on DTRTS regarding LOTF is all about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:02 am

Hullabaloo, thanks for sharing here those wonderful pics of Dai drunken drunken drunken

I'm still in Dai/AOI atmosphere I love you I love you I love you I love you

Shyla wrote:
I wonder what the announcement on 2/14 mentioned on DTRTS regarding LOTF is all about.

I saw a video with short interview to Cheryl Burke attending some events. It happened more or less at mid January. Talking about her projects for 2017, she said that "probably" LOTF will return to Japan. So....maybe......   Valentine' Day is the proper time for an announcement about love  Very Happy

Hullabaloo wrote:

PATTINA wrote:
We have Dai-related things in common!!

We do? Seems I've really come to the right place then! What do we have in common, Pattina? (Apart from nearly fainting in swiss ice shows due to Dai's alluring performances? lol! )

reading your "presentation" post made me smile, because I could see few similarities. But this is Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum, not Pattina's lol! lol! So I don't reply here but I'll send you PM as soon as possible, I promise!!

Hullabaloo wrote:
(I'm almost glad, that the tour is over now, so I don't have to frantically check on news anymore and can finally get some important stuff done again.  Laughing  )

Oh no, my dear. You simply can't rest!!  Laughing  Laughing   More stuff is coming, as Dai is going to 4CC. Sure that dear Japanese fans will flood us with gifs, clips and screenshots from FujiTV broadcasting!! (and videos, of course)

While waiting for 4CC Navigator Dai, we have some new bits. cheers

Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi invites us to follow and like HYOEN 2017 new Facebook page. Let's do it, so to support our Dai-chan in this new challenge.

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/970257793111786

HYOEN 2017 has also a YT channel and they have just posted a video with Dai-chan drunken   drunken

https://youtu.be/N6e6Nc01g1c

Dai-chan arrived safely in Japan. Thanks to Dai's dear friend who posted it today cheers cheers cheers  And thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi for English translation.   cheers cheers

OMG...those lovely, lovely wrinkles  drunken  drunken  drunken

" Finally I got it! The much awaited whitening tooth paste not available in Japan! "
#Souvenir
#Thankyou
#Colgateinformation
#tryifbecomeswhite ByK
#Daisukesideburns
#little just a little just feeling bad smile

Source:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BQcs20_DiIm/?taken-by=morio.i

Please, be careful while opening this link. Cuteness I love you

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/photos/pb.317966388340933.-2207520000.1487010301./970373436433555/?type=3&theater

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am

And here it is!!! Just announced!!!

http://www.loveonthefloor.com/

And here is a video posted on 07 Feb (I wonder when and where it was recorded. In Switzerland I guess) but apparently it has been a very hidden secret Very Happy

https://youtu.be/HFzmrnYoGLE

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:34 am

Sorry I’m late to the party but just wanted to thank all of you for the latest news.
I loved all of Dai’s performances and it was so good to see him on the ice again so many thanks to all of you who have provided links.

Pattina, so glad you enjoyed the show and thank you for your review and all of the updates.  In particular, I loved hearing LOTF will be returning!
Shyla, it’s always nice to hear your thoughts.
Ilica, so happy to see that you’re back.  We missed you.
Twind, thank you for the videos.  I am in awe of you for your commitment to filming.  I don’t think I could concentrate with Dai skating just a few feet away.
Hullabaloo, big welcome to the forum and thanks for your detailed comments and photos from AOI!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:59 am

Hi Dancergirl!!! Nice to see you again!!

Announcement of LOTF has already filled media, with articles on newspaper and tv news!! Thanks to kind Japanese fans who share!!

https://twitter.com/piichandai/status/831249776586788866

https://twitter.com/daichanmylove/status/831232248087130114

http://www.theaterguide.co.jp/theater_news/2017/02/14.php

https://ideanews.jp/archives/37648

Thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi for more info on Dai's presentation of LOTF. Now he is no more "guest" dancer!!

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/970455556425343

Have a Dai-gorgeous Daiday!! flower

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Wonderful news! I am so excited! I loved last years LOTF!
I understand Meryl and Charlie will be back again too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 am

Both Kristi Yamaguchi and Randi Strong used LOTF as wishes for Happy Valentine Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgdSDxjyc_/?taken-by=kristiyamaguchi

Watch out!!! Sexy God of Dance ahead!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgt7-hjuzo/?taken-by=randistrong

The pic Randi used is main pic of new LOTF 2017 FB page

https://www.facebook.com/LoveOnTheFloor2017/

Two days ago Sean Cheesman tweeted his usual admiration for Dai-chan (still mispelling his name but now I think it's something he does purposely Laughing )

https://twitter.com/cheesmansean/status/830957022795296768

And to a reply he commented again on Dai I love you

https://twitter.com/cheesmansean/status/831213436902051840

While waiting for news about our Navigator Dai, have a look at this great photo-gallery by Wilma Alberti

http://www.iceskatingphoto.ch/index?/category/23-art_on_ice_2017_zurich

Have a Daigorgeous Daiday flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm

I thought I would post good cheer to Shoma since some of us here are his fans too! In today's practice
he landed a 3A-4T, 4Lo and 4S-3T. Ambitious young man! Sorry I don't have time to look for links
have to get to work.

Wishing Shoma and Team Japan the best at 4CC!

Thanks for updates Pattina. Can't wait to see our Navigator again!

I hope that Valentine tweet from Kristie means that she will participate LOTF again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hullabaloo
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Thank you so much for the welcoming words Shyla and dancergirl and all of you for the nice feedback on the report.  I love you

And once again thx for the many updates, Pattina.

Dai on future Olympic Ice in PyoengChang!  Cool  cheers  (Thank you to the uploader.)

https://twitter.com/uka27/status/831892476612874244

And we have a schedule:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/four-continents/index.html

- February 16 (Thursday) 8:00 pm ~ 9:54 pm
Ladie's SP (live)

- February 17 (Friday ) 7:57 pm ~ 10:09 pm
Men's SP (live)

- Saturday, February 18 (Saturday) 9: 00 pm ~ 11: 10 pm
Ladie's FP

- February 19 (Sunday) 7:00 pm ~ 8:54 pm
Men's FP

Ganbatte to crazy kid Shoma and everyone in TJ at 4CC!!! (I'm sad about Satoko's and Mao's absence though.)

Shyla wrote:
You have quite a screen name. Wasn't there a US TV show named Hullabaloo  many, many years ago?

Lol, I realized it might sound a bit over the top to native speakers! (Maybe I should go back to "synesthesia"?)

I didn't know the TV show, but now that you've made me curious, I looked it up. Well, that was way before my time!  Wink (not sure, if it was even aired here in Germany) The name is actually a remnant from my days as a big Muse fan. (They had a live album/DVD called that way.) And disregarding its meaning - just from a phonetical standpoint, I like the way it sounds.  geek

PATTINA wrote:

Oh no, my dear. You simply can't rest!!  Laughing  Laughing   More stuff is coming, as Dai is going to 4CC. Sure that dear Japanese fans will flood us with gifs, clips and screenshots from FujiTV broadcasting!! (and videos, of course)  

lol!
At least we'll have a bit of a breather afterwards before we're heading full throttle into Worlds, Hyoen and LOTF!

Shyla wrote:
I hope that Valentine tweet from Kristie means that she will participate LOTF again!

I hope so too! The cast gelled so perfectly last time - it would almost be a crime to change the line-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:27 am

Hullabaloo, thank you so much for comments and links!!!

Yes, Dai on Olympic ice again cheers cheers

One more short clip - this time Dai-chan is in "off-ice" dress  Very Happy and  drunken  drunken

https://twitter.com/jdainyan/status/831937727604023296

Sean goes on praising Dai's genius. And now he is "Daiski"  lol!  OK - Sean is officially an Auntie

https://twitter.com/cheesmansean/status/831929704089202688

Take a look at a super-gorgeous and sexy Dai-chan performing Caravan drunken

https://www.facebook.com/jeannine.bourdiau/media_set?set=a.1334366199942589.1073742021.100001076647266&type=3

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:57 am

One more short tv news (aired about one hour ago) featuring Dai skating in Olympic rink. Split into 3 parts. Thanks to kind uploader!!

https://twitter.com/wElcOmeD8376/status/831972047261573120

https://twitter.com/wElcOmeD8376/status/831972303676207104

https://twitter.com/wElcOmeD8376/status/831972508362383360

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 am

OMG Dai looks great on the Olympic ice. He has a look of serenity and wistfulness while stroking on the ice. I bet he was reminiscing about his competitive days.  Darn I still miss seeing him compete. He is looking rested and absolutely Daigorgeous!
Thanks for the link HB (I decided to shorten your screen name hope you don't mind Very Happy )

Pattina the link to Caravan does not work. When I click on I get a photo of Stephane and then it says content not available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks for the links to Dai on Olympic ice, Pattina & Hullabaloo.  I wonder what was going through his head as he was gliding across the ice.  As I watched, my thoughts were "even after being away from competition for a few years there is still no one quite like Dai in the current field and he would blow away the competition with his artistry".  Oh, if only...

Thanks for the updates on Shoma, Shyla.  I wish him all the best at 4CC along with his teammates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am

Shyla wrote:

Pattina the link to Caravan does not work. When I click on I get a photo of Stephane and then it says content not available.

So sorry, Shyla. Probably the photographer made the album restricted to friends. Crying or Very sad

Please, look here for a couple of pics!

https://twitter.com/0312azu/status/831825803759411200

The photographer added also an album on Homeless Dai.

https://twitter.com/0312azu/status/832082506400755713

Full video of Dai on the Olympic ice. And in HD!! Thanks to kind uploader.

http://dai.ly/x5byj1i

To me also he looks serene, with no regrets. And I love the way he looks at the arena in awe and surprise, with eyes and heart of a kid.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi everyone!!!  

Dai during first airing for Fujitv very early this morning (live!!!) for Ladies's preview.

How can he be so darn handsome at 05:50 in the morning????????   drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken

https://youtu.be/McZ9E4vfIp4

Dai spotted by Misha Ge - with Shizuka

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQkLbMLB7PK/?taken-by=mishage8

At the rink during Ladies' SP - screenshots from today's broadcastings. Huge ARIGATO!!! to all dear Japanese fans who share!!

https://twitter.com/piichandai/status/832198692387950592

https://twitter.com/monogusanukok/status/832198428822167553

https://twitter.com/Sachi0901Sachi/status/832254841749581828

Men Preview during today practice!!

https://twitter.com/jdainyan/status/832247916014100482

Lucky lady!!! His smile is just Daigorgeous!!

https://twitter.com/quadsal/status/832232743576547332

Please don't faint!!! Thanks to kind Japanese fans who shared and Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/photos/pb.317966388340933.-2207520000.1487268642./972134449590787/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/photos/pb.317966388340933.-2207520000.1487268642./972329636237935/?type=3&theater

Best Wishes to Shoma, Keiji (I have a soft spot for both  Very Happy ) and all Team Japan. Today was not quite good for Wakaba and Rika - Mai is fourth after Short. Hope they can feel better for Free.

A bit offtopic!! Today Ice Legends announced officially cancellation of 2017 show Crying or Very sad No detailed explanations given, up to now. Skaters' names were not yet announced (a part from Lambiel) but I hoped to have one more chance to see Dai live. Pity..... let's hope for next year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hullabaloo
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 am

Thank you so, so much for all the goodies from AOI and 4CC, Pattina!!!

God, that HD video of Dai whizzing around the rink!  I love you  I could watch him do nothing, but basic stroking all day!

Shyla wrote:
Thanks for the link HB (I decided to shorten your screen name hope you don't mind  Very Happy )

It's absolutely fine.  Laughing  

Dancergirl wrote:
I wonder what was going through his head as he was gliding across the ice.  As I watched, my thoughts were "even after being away from competition for a few years there is still no one quite like Dai in the current field and he would blow away the competition with his artistry".  Oh, if only...

I agree, dancergirl! To me the current skaters, who come closest are Josh Farris (hurray, he's coming back!) and Deniss Vasiljevs. I hope they won't get left behind in this crazy competitive field. I feel like none of the other top dogs atm has, what they bring to the table in terms of musicality and artistry. As much as I enjoy watching Shoma and Denis Ten (and several others like Keiji, Misha, Elladj, Patrick etc.) as well, somehow they're not able to capture my imagination quite the way Dai did. He was/still is so, so special and I miss him dearly! Crying or Very sad  

PATTINA wrote:
Best Wishes to Shoma, Keiji (I have a soft spot for both  Very Happy ) and all Team Japan. Today was not quite good for Wakaba and Rika - Mai is fourth after Short. Hope they can feel better for Free.

Let's pray, that the injured girls recover in time for Worlds. They desperately need 3 spots for Pyeongchang! Hopefully the guys will bring it today! (Though I'm a little worried for Shoma with all of his head-over-heels upgraded tech content. These boys are crazy!!!)

PATTINA wrote:
Be very very careful!!! Dai never showed this amount of nude skin in all his career!! I almost fainted!!
Omg, are you trying to kill us? affraid Are these from Sat evening? I didn't realize he was showing off his, uh, assets so much - it happened way too quickly!  lol!

PATTINA wrote:
A bit offtopic!! Today Ice Legends announced officially cancellation of 2017 show Crying or Very sad  No detailed explanations given, up to now. Skaters' names were not yet announced (a part from Lambiel) but I hoped to have one more chance to see Dai live. Pity.....  let's hope for next year.

The official explanation is, that they didn't get enough financial backing, but I think there's more to it: https://icelegends.com/

As regrettable as it is, I'm not surprised they had to cancel "Ice Legends" this year (and in a way I'm actually relieved  Wink ). My gut-feeling tells me Dai probably would've been/was already invited, but with so many obligations he has at the moment, it sometimes feels like he's hustling from one event to the next, without being able to fully commit himself to all of it. I don't want him to do things, because he feels obliged to do them, but because he wants to and enjoys it. I wasn't always getting that vibe from him lately. (Hope I won't receive flack for this type of comment, but that's my honest impression.  Embarassed )

I'm sure he will pour all of his energy and passion into Hyoen and LOTF and will once again create sth. magical along with his fellow cast-members and personnel behind-the-scenes! Yes, these shows are in Japan again, but that's where his heart belongs anyway.

More gorgeous 4CC screencaps  drunken :
https://twitter.com/mtrh1999/status/832150792765255681
https://twitter.com/fujitv_heros/status/832170799272308736
https://twitter.com/piichandai/status/832211886275846144
https://twitter.com/oritatubeshi/status/832212370969595904

He was spotted in the audience during practice:
https://twitter.com/mumoka11/status/832433431883575296

Shizuka & Dai stretching:
https://twitter.com/tiramisu11/status/832398220022120448

A very generous fan shared their exclusive footage from Saturday's aftershow-party at the Kameha Grand. It's pure Gold  Cool  (scroll down to "maple's" post):
http://absoluteskating.proboards.com/thread/5255/art-on-ice-2017?page=2

French AOI report from Swiss TV (glimpses of Caravan at 1:24 and 7:13):
http://www.lfmtv.ch/replay/plusprochedevous/2017/02/12/art-on-ice-2017/

Is it alright to post Yuri on Ice related stuff? Someone recreated Stephane's & Dai's duet from XOI with Victor & Yuri. This must have been so time-consuming, but it turned out very well!
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8561740/

Last edited by Hullabaloo on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2016    

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next