News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

News and Topics 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:02 am

Hi everyone. Here is Shoma Sp from Skate America with Euorsport commentary. Brief mention of
Dai-chan by the commentator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kg8QuWnsPo

Shoma fell on  his quad but otherwise a beautifully skated SP. He is sitting in 4th
place going into the FS which is on tonight. Good luck Shoma!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks Shyla for link to BEurosport commentary - I was looking for it cheers cheers cheers

Commentator's mention of Dai is brief but lovely: he just mention the name "after Daisuke retired"  - no family name needed because there is only one Daisuke "superstar" Very Happy

And Shoma did a wonderful second part of the competition, with first Free and finishing second overall!!!

Congrats to Shoma, Daisuke's "spiritual son" cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/714771781993723
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Shoma's Free at Skate America with British Eurosport commentary. Amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5rGRcKAl9k

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you Pattina truly amazing performance, loved it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:57 am

Dai has been spotted by chance in a bar by this lady, who is a lawyer, activist for civil rights, performer artist, pro-skater and coach at Sky Rink center in NYC

Sky Rink coaches Wade Corbett and Marni Halasa serendipitously meet Japanese figure skating champion and Olympic Bronze medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi at a watering hole in West Village! So amazing to meet him !!!

Source: https://instagram.com/p/9SDdmLEpyh/?taken-by=marni_halasa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 am

HI Guys:

Long time: no talk: This is Genki:
I just wonder how many of you bought " Real Athleat;"

My Japanese friend told me that Pony Cannon found a slight defect on the products and you can exhange it if you want:

Here's the page of the details:

http://v.ponycanyon.co.jp/the_real_athlete/notice/index.html

Talk to you soon!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 pm

An extra performance of XOI Osaka has been added on December 20th at 5:00 PM

http://www.xmasonice.com/

Lottery system sales start Wednesday, October 28th at 6:00 pm trough November 3rd.
General sales start Saturday, November 21st at 12:00 Noon

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm

I have some translation done on the Kyoto Presentation (Again! Is anyone still interested? Sorry for taking so long.) This time from a fan, LalakoGG san (@1995lalako), a series of her 18 tweets. The link for the first one is as follows. I got her approval of sharing them here. Thank you so much Lalako san!

https://twitter.com/1995lalako/status/642488250783764480

(for the rest, I have just retweeted all of them on my account, @SachikoHR)

Prompted by the remark; “I believe this is the most anticipated of all programs today, “Takahashi Daisuke san♪” was introduced and he came up on the stage in a dark suit with a permed hair like when he had Mambo program, a bit more loosely waved. With his usual repeated bowing he walked over to the seats, and this puppy couldn’t decide which of the three seats to take. (lol)

First he sit on the far left, and moved to the middle one and finally settled in the far right seat. He turned right and left minding his microphone cord. He scratched his chin that looked like he’s trying to cover his uneasiness (lol). Dr. Hara and Physical Therapist Mr. Yoshida also came to sit down and the program started. First Dr. Hara talked about the situation of the injury and Daisuke’s first visit to the clinic and the development up to the surgery.

Dr. Hara: I had no idea at all about Mr. Takahashi’s position in the world of figure skating. It’s a joke now but I learned that skaters always land on one foot so I asked him if he could practice to land on his left foot. (The room burst out laughing)
Daisuke: I wondered if (this doctor is) an all-right one?
PT Yoshida: I was amazed with his inflexible hip joints and ankles more than his knee problem.

PT Yoshida talked showing Daisuke’s performance videos. The Swan Lake before his injury: “This gives an impression that he was not using his hip joints so much.” The “eye” from GPF after he returned to ice: “he could utilize the function of his hip joints” (Daisuke is very seriously watching these videos). After that Dr. Hara gave interpretive comments presenting MRI image of his knee and the video shot during his actual operation. (Daisuke also observed solemn-faced.)

Yoshida: I also didn’t know any skater except Mao chan. (lol) As a rule the rehab menu is the same for anyone. It aims to return to compete in six months.
(He explained the way how Daisuke got his muscle strength increased during his rehab period using data.)
Dr. Hara explained about the removal of the bolt (with the video image) 2 years and 5 months after the surgery.

Hara: It was stressful as a doctor to see him landing jumps. He lavishly kept falling most of his quads. (lol)
Dai: The rehab was hard. (**snip**) It was selfish of me but I thought all these meant nothing if I wouldn’t be able to make it in time. I was going to show a come-back story.
MC Miyajima: Did you want to be a drama hero?
Dai: I did!

A video was played showing Daisuke back on ice for the first time after the surgery.
Dai: In about ten minutes I got rather carried away and kept pushing.
Yoshida: He was skating so gingerly at first but went faster and faster. I wondered what he was thinking (LOL)”
After that his practice videos were played to show the progress of his recovery. May16 2009 - The step sequence of La Strada, June 2 - A single jump, June 2 - Triple Salchow (?) (I don’t remember the rest)
MC: What difference did you feel for yourself?
Dai: “The motion range was increased and that helped stabilize the skating. I could drop my position lower and could accelerate without pushing hard. “ “..I believe it is important for movements to look smooth. I have learned to control how to move and my stamina was improved as a result.”

“Eventually I was handling pretty much everything though I was not quite 100%. It took me three years to feel that I really got all returned to normal. ”
Then they had a talk about Vancouver. The process of choosing the program music: “It was prepared for the season before, but had no chance to skate for the audience. (MC: If it was shown in public even once would you have moved on to another program?  D: Maybe.) Some talk on the bronze medal and the World gold medal followed.

A clip was played from a TV Program aired after Vancouver featured Takahashi (the interviews from Dr. Hara, Kenji Miyamoto, Pasquale Camerlengo and himself) Dai looked heavenward helplessly seeing his own image with sulky hair right after when he was released from the hospital (LOL) A commentary was given on the step sequence of “eye” and also shown the clip of La Strada from Vancouver.
MC: It was a year after the operation!
Dai: Well, I forgot. (The puppy got restless)

MC: Plushenko came up to you for a hand shake and said “You are my hero”, right?
Dai: Something of that sort, I guess. I don’t remember. I think somewhere I got it like that. (The puppy got restless)
MC: The very person is not always the one who remembers most? (**snip**) I believe figure skaters from all over the world saw your come-back as a surprise!
D: Good that I could make the drama, then. (LOL)

And the MC asked Dr. Hara for his comment suggesting “Isn’t this unprecedented?”
Hara: His injury was on his dominant leg and I don’t particularly remember cases comparable to this in an individual, judge-scoring sport. When we told Mr. Takahashi that we’d want him to be an athlete free from defects, he responded that he was not an athlete but an artist. I thought, ‘huh?’ at the time.”

The puppy jumped up to look for a microphone on the table and grabbed it, rushed to explain flustered. (LOL)
Dai: Not that I was an artist but it was that I was no athlete, no such mentality. (lol)

I might have become more like an athlete after the injury? I have gradually changed to be more like that by knowing athletes of many other sports, maybe? Now I’m not doing anything and this is no longer the case though. LOL

MC: Is there anything you now can share?
Yoshida: I really have learned much from this. For a couple times I had to go fetch him, woke him up at his place during the lunch break. He didn’t come to the rehab in the morning. LOL
Dai: One wouldn’t do that much, normally. I really caused him worries and troubles. He kept calm and solid to look after me.
MC: Dr. Hara, what do you tell top athletes when they get injured?
Hara: I give them an immediate aim to clear, showing each step of the gradual progress. I’d make them occupied with demanding tasks to give them no room for anxiety.

....After this there’s a closing word, photo shooting of the presenters on the stage and then their exit. On his way out a few of the men, the academy members who sit on the isle, requested Dai to have a picture taken together and he accepted, but his fans practiced self-restrain (lol). We stretched ourselves to see the puppy leaving. ♪

Some seemed to be there as his fans but most of them were men and the room was completely full. What they talked were not new to his fans for the most part but I enjoyed the nice and warm atmosphere even in a sense of formal tension. The report is not word by word transcription, of course, omitted and summed up so I might have given a wrong nuance to it here and there. Forgive me for that! (End)

Oh, I found a mistake of missing #11!
(Notes by translator: On twitter the report uploaded numbered separately which I skipped.)
Well, to me, now seeping in is the part Daisuke got rattled when the doctor exposed that he thought of himself as an artist (lol). After the event on his Instagram post he cracked me up having cross-eyed at the shave ice. (Must be feeling relieved from the stress~) Sorry for having it poorly written and maybe confusing. \(^o^)/

Have a great Dai Dream!!! (Wondering about his new program...) drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Genki, thanks for info on The Real Athlete.  I have it but I must confess that I stopped at 2012/2013 season. I cannot go further. I know I'm wrong but I haven't gathered enough courage yet.

The part I watched is wonderful  and I've been totally in Heaven  drunken  (and no defects up to now)

Ostile, thanks for info on additional show in Osaka. Cast is still small, though... I wonder who else can take part.

Twind wrote:
Again! Anyone interested still?
Of course... YES!!!!!!!!!  

Eager of any info about our puppy Very Happy

Please, bring our thankful thoughts to Lalako san!!! Her report is funny and intense at the same time. How I envy her and other Aunties who could attend.  Very Happy

Brand new!! Daisuke spotted at Chelsea Piers Rink in New York by Jimmy Ma - US Junior.

Sorry Dai, maybe you are tired after practicing (I guess that you go there for practice... what else?)  but you look a bit "upset"  lol!

So I got to meet my idol this morning...

Source: https://instagram.com/p/9YhErWmQ-J/?taken-by=jimmy_mf_ma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Dai in this pic by Takeru at a fashion party

https://twitter.com/FReeKobi0704/status/659619816978915328?lang=it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:33 pm

More Dai at same event - seems he really had a very good time

https://twitter.com/FReeKobi0704/status/659692089349943296

mmmm.... impudent tongue Cool

https://instagram.com/p/9ago2aSLd-/?taken-by=kobayashitakeru

sorry, no scissor work this time because pics are not of good quality and editing or increasing size makes them worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks Pattina!

One more from Maggie: ( what a dashing man  Cool  )

https://instagram.com/p/9bAu0inAyC/

Twind - thank you so much for your great work! Wonderful and funny report!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am

ilica wrote:
Thanks Pattina!

One more from Maggie: ( what a dashing man  Cool  )

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!   drunken  drunken

Here Dai videobombing lol!

https://instagram.com/p/9bTsqhSLbl/?taken-by=kobayashitakeru
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:57 am

Long, silky eyelashes and plump mouth.... almost unbearable...  drunken drunken drunken

Source for full pic: https://instagram.com/p/9cwMeRHA5L/?taken-by=maggiechatter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:53 pm

PATTINA wrote:
Long, silky eyelashes and plump mouth.... almost unbearable...  drunken drunken drunken

drunken  ... and his hands... I don't know why, but there is something so enchanting for me in the way he carries the drink  drunken  drunken  

Some more:  
https://instagram.com/p/9c8bv2HA2N/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:26 pm

ilica wrote:
and his hands... I don't know why, but there is something so enchanting for me in the way he carries the drink

Beautiful hands - really wonderful lines not only on the ice drunken

Dai's new instagram - more or less 45 minutes ago!! cheers

Cheeful smile, gym suit (or at least the upper part) and ruffled hair - so different from the fashionable and sophisticated man at party.

https://instagram.com/p/9d8MZUrJwK/?taken-by=d1sk_t

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:31 am

Dai's post n. 100!!!! cheers cheers cheers  a collage with pics by Maggie and Takeru (maybe the one far right seems to be a selfie by Dai)

https://instagram.com/p/9ebXLWLJxL/?taken-by=d1sk_t

Well... TBH I'd rather prefer more Dai and less others but... he really had a great time at that party and wants everybody to know Laughing  and 2 post in one day..  after 2 weeks of silence he is spoiling his Aunties Laughing

Dai... it's Louis Vuitton  - not Luis lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:40 am

Oh thank you, thank you. I am in Dai Auntie heaven!  I am so happy
for Dai that he can enjoy his life and be himself without the constant pressure
he experienced when he was competing. Retirement and NY certainly agrees with him.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:28 am

Thanks Pattina!
And thanks Dai-chan for your wonderful, happy smile!

That smile just makes everything brighter  sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your continuous contributions.  Special thanks to Twind for the generous translation.  It was such a delight to read.  I also loved the photo you shared from your archives.  Simply gorgeous.  As for the most recent party photos, what a delight.  LV and Dai, 2 of my favorite things!

I have 2 more throwback videos of Dai rehearsing Luv Letter for the 2010 Worlds (thanks to Uploader tamriko666) and practicing the Beatles Medley for 2013 Skate America (thanks to Uploader rin sao).  For those of you that still find the BM heartbreaking you might want to skip the video but, as for me, it will always be my favorite program.  He glides on the ice seamlessly and even when he’s not skating full out he is so intriguing to watch as the music takes over his body. There will never be anyone like him.  He’s pure magic.

Luv Letter:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34UkEBuoLGw

Beatles Medley:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTnb9yl06I

Edit:  I don't know what happened with the links but you'll have to copy and paste to view them.  I've been unsuccessful in trying to edit so that you can just click on the links.  My apologies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Dancergirl, thank you for links to video of Dai practicing his programs.

Although it's hard to decide because in each and one program Daisuke always puts his heart and creates magic on ice, among EX "Luv Letter" has always the power to be a balm for my heart whenever I'm in bad mood. The way Dai glides smoothly and gently becoming the music, as if notes come out of his blades while he skates on piano keys....  I love you  I love you  I love you

Halloween night!!!! Kabuki Group - can you spot Dai?  Laughing  A powerful manga hero! I've read on the web that kind of facial make-up indicates a "non-human, supernatural character". How many times we have commented here that when on ice Daisuke doesn't belong to this world?

Source: https://instagram.com/p/9h6dW-nA6F/?taken-by=maggiechatter

Congrats to Dice Murakami for winning bronze cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers at Skate Canada after being first after Short. I watched SP and he was amazing. Had no time to watch Free - I'm going to have a look at video soon - but everywhere on the web I read great comments on his skating to "Anniversary". (and also comments that he should be rewarded more than they did)

Here is the pic posted by Dice, happy with other medalists. Dai-chan liked the pic and commented "Omedetoo" Very Happy   I bet Dice will be glad

https://instagram.com/p/9iEhgWm7Uc/?taken-by=diceskates

Few days ago, Kenji's Room with Dice was aired. Dice recalled the first time he went to a karaoke night and it was Dai-chan who brought him there. Dice singing and Dai-chan playing tambourine lol!   (pic posted by Dice on Dai's birthday I love you I love you )

Source: https://instagram.com/p/0RkdnLm7aW/?taken-by=diceskates

Great Dai-Sunday everyone!!! flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Pattina, I can see why Luv Letter is one of your favorites.   Watching Dai skate would put a smile on anyone’s face and the music is also soothing.

Great Halloween costumes and as you pointed out very appropriate for Dai as he’s definitely not of this world when he’s on the ice.

I watched the Canadian broadcast of Skate Canada and at the beginning of the Men’s Free Skate they did a small piece on how popular Figure Skating is in Japan.  A Production Manager from Asahi TV said it became big in that country because of Mao and Dai.  They had comments by Patrick Chan who also mentioned Dai.  As they were discussing the Japanese fans they had an older shot of fans in the audience with D1SK towels so I was happy and sad at the same time.  We are now in the second season without Dai yet he’s still being mentioned at competitions.  Proof that we aren’t the only ones who still remember and miss him.

I second your congratulations to Dice.  He did a tremendous job in the FS because he had to skate right after Patrick Chan but Dice managed to skate a clean program.  It couldn’t have been easy because Patrick had his hometown crowd awaiting his comeback but Dice pulled it off.  I haven’t been able to find Dice’s FS but here’s his SP with British commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yER6QCIsXuM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:18 pm

I found the link to Dice's FS with British commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAB51x1oBw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Dancergirl, thanks a lot for link to Dice's programs with BE commentary.  So glad for him that his skating has been quite appreciated by commentators.

Thanks also for report of Canadian broadcast. So happy to learn he was mentioned also by Patrick. Yes, it's the second season without Dai anyway he is still remembered as one of the Great Skaters who can transform this sport in Art. And he is missed so much.

Dai's post n. 101 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers  The Kabuki Group!!
He wrote in Japanese and according to on-line translators he says it was his first time in Halloween costume and he had good time.

Source: https://instagram.com/p/9kelDRrJ0m/?taken-by=d1sk_t

Links to his friends' IG for larger pics

https://instagram.com/p/9jtcE6SLdx/?taken-by=kobayashitakeru

https://instagram.com/p/9jsACJHAzD/?taken-by=maggiechatter

https://instagram.com/p/9jTcaXPxe-/?taken-by=minpichan

https://instagram.com/p/9kfARDhzDQ/?taken-by=kenyakanazawa

Someone who was at the same Halloween party liked the Kabuki Group - and indeed the idea is so original

https://instagram.com/p/9iTtpeqTKU/?taken-by=ladree

https://instagram.com/p/9jvIngsi2Y/?taken-by=briotch_

Happy seeing  Dai having such a great time at Halloween. This powerful, gorgeous Kabuki hero  with amazing, enchanting gaze drunken  drunken  drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:32 pm

More Kabuki Dai

https://instagram.com/p/9k4CpZSLQT/?taken-by=kobayashitakeru

mmmmmmmmm..... so aggressive and cool Cool Cool Cool Cool in black leather jacket

https://instagram.com/p/9i-f1nyo_L/?taken-by=sinisthepier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next