News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:01 am

Thank you for posting the news about Shoma, Shyla. †I am thrilled to hear the news. †He did a great job.

Tatsuki Machida is in 2nd place after the Men's Short Program. †As usual, I feel he was underscored. †His movements are mesmerizing and he gets better with time. †

Tatsuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJWxA76pBs

I was also disappointed that Takahito Mura is in 6th place & feel he was also under-marked. †I enjoyed his performance.

Takahito: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2vum7j-7fc

I felt sad that Javier Fernandez seemed to be rattled in front of his home crowd.

Javier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnYyhvZPVRM

I hope all 3 do well tomorrow in the FS. †Especially Tatsuki. †He has a place in my heart because his style, to me, is similar to Daiís. †Next to Dai, in Sochi, Tatsuki impressed me the most out of all the other skaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 am

Thanks Dancergirl for the videos. Well Javi just skated and he redeemed himself with a great
skate and monster score. Now we will have to wait for the other skaters to finish to see if
Javi can medal. I hope so. Mura is behind Javi right now. He skated well but popped a jump and you know his PC's are not to good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Shyla. †It wasn't televised here so after a day of Christmas shopping I went on youtube.
Congratulations to the winners of the GPF (Yuzuru, Javi and Sergei). Iím glad that Javi was able to make the podium in his own country and am happy for Sergei Voronov that he won the bronze and have to admit that I was pulling for him as he seems to be the only ďveteranĒ around. †I like his FS program and kept thinking Iíd love to see Daiís interpretation of it. †I was so disappointed that Tatsuki had a bad day but I still enjoyed his skate. †He may have missed some jumps but everything in between was wonderful. †Tatsuki looked so sad at the end of his skate that I wished Dai could call him with a few words of wisdom. †Takahiko did a great job in his FS and just missed making the podium.

In case anyone is interested here are a few links to some of the FS. †These are the only ones I watched.

Sergei: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs07CWhxhkg

Tatsuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHUPYvDL0yc

Takahiko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCcriOhOtw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Shyla and Dancergirl, thanks for links and updates.

Yes Shoma was amazing and breathtaking!!!! Many many words of praise for him also in some Italian forums. And so many noticed his skating so similar to Dai!!

Congrats to Yuzu, Javi and Sergei. Yuzu did great program, that's undisputable. Two Europeans on podium... I'm very glad!! I bet next European Champioships will be a great competition.

And also Japanese Nationals will be strong competition. Tatsuki and Takahito will fight with all their strong will, to recover from this bad experience. I feel pity, especially for Tatsuki. I love both his programs .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Congrats to Yuzu, Javi and Sergei. Very nice men's podium! Yuzu did do a great skate and
won decisively. Happy that Javi could fight back and win Silver in his home country and my sentimental favorite Sergei winning the Bronze was great to see.

I was able to watch the Men live but to tell the truth I felt a little melancholy watching
because I was missing Dai and for me there was no real excitment that I usually feel.

Machida just fell apart technical wise in his FS and was severely punished even his
PC dropped which I don't agree. I did not expect him to medal but that score was Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Shyla wrote:
Congrats to Yuzu, Javi and Sergei. Very nice men's podium! Yuzu did do a great skate and
won decisively. Happy that Javi could fight back and win Silver in his home country and my sentimental favorite
Sergei winning the Bronze was great to see.

I was able to watch the Men live but to tell the truth I felt a little melancholy watching
because I was missing Dai and for me there was no real excitment that I usually feel.

Machida just fell apart technical wise in his FS and was severely punished even his
PC dropped which I don't agree. I did not expect him to medal but that score was Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:20 am

Here is Shoma's Exhibition program "The Blessed Spirits" at the Gala, fabulous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5MWTeS8uPs&list=UU2b3iFW1yXnn_P0zWGo5rMA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:23 am

I agree about Tatsukiís marks, Shyla. †This sport has always been so political that it makes me not want to continue watching. †There are some skaters that have always been over-scored and others that are continually under-marked. †It makes it tough when youíre a fan of the ones under-marked which, unfortunately, is the case with me. †Tatsuki and Jeremy Abbott come to mind. †And, of course, Dai. †Perhaps I will stop following it once the 2 retire but then that will probably be when Shoma will appear on the Seniors scene and I might be sucked back into the vortex of frustration and unfairness.

Thank you for the link to Shomaís Gala †performance. †If there ever was a mini-Dai I think Shoma is the closest we will come to seeing one. †He could teach some of the current Senior skaters, from all countries, a thing or two about artistry. †Just gorgeous in this performance and especially given his young age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Delete. Wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Menís Japanese Nationals. Yuzuru, Shoma and Taka Kozuka.

Yuzuruís run continues but Iím always impressed that he can skate with his asthma condition. †

Shoma, our mini Dai, placed second. †I think heís going to be a force to be reckoned with as his career develops. †His artistry at such a young age is incredible.

Yay for Taka for fighting through and winning bronze. †His FS is a beautiful program and he gave it justice in this performance. †Iím so happy for him.

Unfortunately my other favorite, Tatsuki Machida, placed 4th but despite his fall I still think his FS was gorgeous. I also always root for MX2 ( Mura and Murakami) because I feel they are always the underdogs. †Plus, who couldnít love Daisuke Murakami for his tribute to Dai. †At the end of Daisuke Murakamiís skate, when heís in the Kiss and Cry, I heard the commentator mention Daiís name (at roughly 7:46) but I donít know the context.

Here is a link to the top 7 Menís FS performances.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014-15-japan-nationals-play-by-play-results-men-s-free-skate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi Dancergirl. Thanks for the videos. So happy for Shoma and Taka! They both were amazing.

Congrats to Yuzu for this 3rd National Title. He did have a fall but his overall skating was
very good.

Machida was chosen for the World team (Shoma is to go to Jr. Worlds and 4CC) but Machida †
has announced his retirement. I am sorry to hear this news. He wants to continue his studies.
I wish he would have waited til after Worlds, but I respect his decision and wish him the best.

So right know World Team for Men is Yuzu, Taka and probable Mura. We will have to wait for another
JSF announcement to know for sure if Mura will be going, it is a rumor right know but he did come in 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Shyla. Thank you for the news about Tatsuki. I am shocked about his retirement and also very sad. I love his skating and both of his programs this season. He's one of the very few skaters that I've enjoyed watching. I admire him for putting his own passions ahead of his skating career. He has always seemed like an intellect and his love of books is very endearing. I'm sure going to miss him (and his exquisite artistry) but I know he will go on to do great things with his natural determination.

That being said, I am happy for TX2. I hope they both kill it at the Worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES   

Back to top Go down

2014 GRAND PRIX SERIES
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2