News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke retires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:30 am

Shyla you are correct in your words to Ilica. I think we all know how to relate to each other and especially how we are all feeling since the news broke.

Thank you Shyla and Ilica for confirming that Dai needed those massages after his last shows.

I hope I'm not being repetitious but here's another Magical Eggplant link which includes a tweet from Javier Fernandez that I hadn't seen before. It also re-emphasizes one of Misha's posts (and I'm paraphrasing) where he said that only someone great would receive messages from World-class Skaters and it's so true.

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/100166459998/skaters-messages-for-dai-after-his-retirement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1908
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 am

What a treat that was! Thank you ilica!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am

ilica, please, don't blame yourself. We all meet here to comfort and hug each other in rough times and cheer in happier ones, so we can understand our feelings mutually.

Express yourself freely if this relieves you a bit, somehow. We are here to listen and not to judge because we all love Daisuke so much.

Look at all the people who were in Kurashiki to cheer for Dai: there are so many kids, some of them very very young. Probably they skate in same club where he started 20 years ago. Lucky kids, who will grow having as their senpai a wonderful and amazing example of Great Skating and Great Heart.

Start your day with Dai's smile is priceless I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Last, but not least, Dai's announcement on his page at Kansai website. As usual, the use of Internet and social media come last on his mind Smile

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/

Today's tv clips - there are different videos available on DM and YT and more or less they are the same. Clips from announcement and press conference in Okayama and event in Kurashiki, with interviews with people in Kurashiki who knows Dai and support him. These two DM video are available in 1080HD, to watch Dai in all his beauty.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x285ywt_20141018-%E3%82%81%E3%81%96%E3%81%BE%E3%81%97%E3%81%A9%E3%82%88%E3%81%86%E3%81%B3-daisuke-takahashi_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x285yt9_20141018-0800-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A2%E3%83%83%E3%83%97-daisuke-takahashi_sport

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you PATTINA, for the Kan-Dai HP Message from Daisuke
This is the translation I tried.

To you all,

As you probably know already, I announced my retirement the other day.
Sorry that I’m reporting it here on this HP this late!!
When I first started figure skating, I never dreamed of making it to be a representative of Japan, winning GP series, Japanese Nationals or Worlds, or even going to the Olympics three times and getting a bronze medal. I have been really blessed to be given the chances to realize these dreams helped by so many people.
As a competing athlete, at times I had difficult challenges but a lot of people gave me strong support to go through each and every one of them. Thanks to you, for these 20 years since I started I have been given many different opportunities through this sport and I could continue to compete for such a long time. Let me take this occasion to express my sincere gratitude.

To my fans, I truly thankful to you all for putting up and going along with the roller-coaster ride of my career, warmly watching over me, supporting me and giving me strength so that I could keep challenging.

There is a rule in figure skating that gives a skater one chance to come back out of retirement to compete. I have to admit that I still feel somehow attached to competitive skating. However, while I may go back to it or may follow a new path, either way I thought I have to have some closure now, and that’s how I made this decision.
It’s totally unknown where this decision would lead me. Now facing the days to search for new objectives of life that give me beyond the sense of fulfillment I had when I was competing, I sure have insecure feelings. But as much as that I also feel excited about the days ahead.

If you still keep warm eyes on even a fellow like me (LOL), I will be happy! I'm looking forward to seeing you again!!!

Daisuke

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you very much, Twind ♥♥♥

We have to respect his decision which in my opinion is a very smart one.
Part of the reason for this decision may have been the fact that he felt people were almost taking his come-back for granted. He didn't want that burden on his shoulder, on top of everything else.

He has become a legend now!

If he decides to come back when the time comes, without pressure and if his heart still tells him so, he will come back as a legend and will obscure everyone else.

If you think about this announcement, it really doesn't change much from before: it just gives him some peace of mind. He will do the scheduled shows, then maybe take a break and go abroad to study or explore other things as he has said many times, and when he has a clear mind about what he wants to do he can go back to competition if he wants, since like he says he can play the come-back card.

If not, like very loving mums, we will have to let him go his way, loving him and supporting him in silence from a distance.

Meantime he has left as a legend, and as the greatest and most loved skater of modern figure skating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Such a sweet message from Dai-chan! Like a Star @ heaven Thanks Twind for translation. flower

Nice post ostile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:17 pm

@ilica, I am with you on this one. I keep tweeting news clips but hardly watched any of them except the press-conference in full on KCT site. Maybe one day I will chill out and watch some, but not now.
I am not satisfied with the whole explanations and Dai's message doesn't convince me at all. He left for nowhere which usually means one thing- he had to. I am not that surprised since I was the one who said here weeks back that Hashimoto will be the most interested person who for the sake of her own career would never want to see Dai competing under JSF. You are right about comparing him with Plushenko in terms of being a legend. But Plu always had RusFed behind his back, while JSF like some stupid strategists 2 years ago made a careful plan but the plan went wrong. The Hanyu&Canadian card is not playing as they expected, even with OGM, and the media reaction on Dai's announcement went beyond the top. Now what? It's their problem. But I am not pleased that Daisuke's decision was influenced by JSF trashy attitude, sick environmental episodes and therefore- not truly free, i.e. not pure Dai's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Twind, thank you so much for translation.

ostile wrote:
like very loving mums, we will have to let him go his way, loving him and supporting him in silence from a distance.

So true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am

Hi everyone:

Long time, no talk.

I have been kind of moody since his retirement announcement.
I was trying very hard to watch whatever the shows that feature Daisuke and there are so many!!

After the first shock, I am now seeing the bright side. At least Dai is free from that stupid fedration.
They were taking 20 % of what ever he was making, so he will be much richer than before Very Happy

Yet, it is very true that I miss Dai competing. That suspense, his face of concentration and tara~~, the moment of unbelievable joy after watching the truly beautiful and magnificent performance!
Yes, of course we can watch him in the show, but I truly love the thrill of competition.

As Daisuke said twice, he misses comp too. Very Happy  ,which I believe a good sign.  
It may take a miracle, but as one commentator said ,I fell that the possibility of his comeback might be around 30 %.

Till that day, let' him be whatever he wants to be and support him no matter what.
Then, if he comes back, we will relive the another exciting life that he has provided with us for so long.!

His Last performance in Sochi, So beautiful and touching!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Yesterday I tweeted some digest of J-media coverage. Many of them covers his career and achivements.
Sunday Mainichi speculates that Shizuka got her post as JSF Vice-president because she belongs to the same office as Daisuke. So Hashimoto appointed her, who is too young and on maternity leave, i.e. is not capable to perform the duty when the fs season started. And not for example Midori Ito, who is older and has great results in her career as well.
http://twitter.com/00LT/status/524552776475365376

JJ published a brief comment of Daisuke's mother on Hashimoto's episode. His mom said that she wasn't that concerned about the 'kissing' story because the incident happened with much older woman, a mother and in public. She would be much more curious if Daisuke was kissed by a younger woman and in a secret place Embarassed . She also added that after the scandal her barber shop got a lot of phone calls from some fans who threatened to throw all things 'Daisuke', like gifts and calendars.
http://twitter.com/00LT/status/524552992498786304

AERO Asahi pubished some comments of Dai where he said that now he has to learn to be a "oneself person". Before he had a team who helped him with food, managing life things, etc. But now he doesn't know how to buy tickets for dance shows! So he has to learn how to do it. Lol.
http://twitter.com/00LT/status/524551351724806144

Updates on 2000days FS page. Midnight blue Dai...  
http://www.facebook.com/2000days.beSOUL3/photos/a.508846185910179.1073741830.371902496271216/574445619350235/?type=1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you for the updates let's talk! I like Dai's comment about how he has to learn how to do for himself know. One of the good things about his retirement is that he can know keep all of
his earning to himself without giving 20% to JSF.

Beautiful photo of Dai, even though I think he looks a little sad.

Here is an article from Japan Times

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001655969
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Thank you for the updates let's talk! I like Dai's comment about how he has to learn how to do for himself know. One of the good things about his retirement is that he can know keep all of
his earning to himself without giving 20% to JSF.

Beautiful photo of Dai, even though I think he looks a little sad.

Here is an article from Japan Times

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001655969
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Genki, thanks for gif and for sharing your feelings here.

let's talk, thank for giant pic  drunken  so gorgeous  and for info from media.

Dai is amazing in two shades of blue - as with any other colour.

Shyla, thanks for link to news.

Dai-chan, doing all by himself... he is a grown up man now but will always be our sweet boy  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
let`s talk
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

O! drunken After depressing yesterday's photo of midnight blue Dai I was so happy to see him in today's J-7 bright and shining, going out of his mom's barber shop. That is the case when I am grateful to paparazzi. He is not posing for cameras or fans. He just looks happy and smiling when he thinks nobody is watching. Dai Life is beautiful!

Check out his socks! Awesome! Lol, Dai  bounce
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/00LT/002_zps85b2a059.jpg

Symbolic photo- Dai walking in the field, looking ahead and thinking ...
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/00LT/006_zps2bb83245.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 pm

So nice that Dai has the time now to visit his Mom and family.

Thanks let's talk you brightened up my day. (We are having rainy and dark weather
for 3 days now). Dai is like a ray of Sunshine for me! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:36 pm

let's talk, thank you so much!!

In official pics you could wonder if he is really himself or just posing... but here he seems quite relaxed and in peace with his mind/soul. A retired man enjoying his new "free time" lol!

Dai has developed a new fancy for waistcoat, it seems. Laughing And nice socks geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I tried a translation of this article,

http://touch.allabout.co.jp/gm/gc/448027/?spref=http%3A%2F%2Frealtime.search.yahoo.co.jp%2Fsearch%2F%25E9%25AB%2598%25E6%25A9%258B%25E5%25A4%25A7%25E8%25BC%2594%2F%3Ffr%3Drts_algo

The gift Daisuke Takahashi has given to people

When the one who is supposed to be there is not, you’d miss that person. I am feeling the huge loss of that kind now.

Daisuke Takahashi of figure skating has retired from competing.

From now we will have to face a winter without him.

** The ace of figure skating who left the ice

In the press conference held in his hometown in Okayama, he announced his decision while he hinted that he still had a feeling for competing by mentioning the rule that allows a skater one chance to come back.  

For Takahashi, who had overcome a number of difficulties such as a severe injury that could be career ending and had led not just Japan’s but also the world figure skating, the time has finally come to put down his burden.

Takahashi has lots of fans worldwide.

Looking back how he has captivated many people of all nationalities, we find that he stands out as the one and only who has been a great embodiment of figure skating, not only as a sport but as a form of art expression.

**The artist of artists

There are skaters who are called artists on ice in the world.

Undoubtedly they do expressive and attractive performances. Sometimes, however, they make us feel a sense of deja vu as well as their fine qualities.

That is because they often perform their own world or vision. Therefore when a new season comes and a new piece of music is used, we can still tend to see a similar to the one that skater performed before.

If we ever feel a performance “somewhat similar to the one last year even the music is different” that is probably the reason why.

**The cultural barriers that block the doorway of expression

There is another hurdle in expression: The cultural barriers.

A skater must be from some country where he or she was born and bred. Neither of expressions of emotions, thoughts, or those in bodily actions can be free from the influence of their own cultural climate.

There is a reality that the world a skater expresses is readily understood within the ones from the same cultural background but is harder to be appreciated by an individual from a different cultural climate.

Any top level skater’s view of the world should face this hurdle to be understood by the people from another culture.

But Daisuke Takahashi transcended the boundaries.

How did he do that?

**How does Takahashi’s artistry transcend the cultural barrier?

It is not unrelated to Takahashi’s profound appreciation of music.

What he performs is not his own view of the world but the view of the intrinsic world of the music. That is, he has been showing us the true world that the each music inherently has to be expressed.

With his excellent expressive faculty, on behalf of the composer he visualized the world of each piece of music in the form that people can see to understand it.

That’s how he reached to the hearts of people directly beyond the boundaries of countries and cultures.

**The message from Takahashi that requires no word

There are people all around the world who say Daisuke Takahashi’s performances are amazing. But also many of them have a hard time to explain in what specific way he is amazing.

Several phrases such as “gorgeous step” or “deep edge” are used to explain Takahashi but these are only parts of his splendor, and one would probably feel frustrated with the difficulty to explain his exquisite quality as a whole.

But that is quite natural. After all, what you can explain in words is just something you can replace it with the symbols the words represent.

Takahashi in a performance conveys what you cannot put into words by sharing the world of the music directly to the audience, which is a quite high level of conduct of art.

**The ultimate reality

His greatest characteristic is reality.

He becomes “the character comes to life” to weave “the ambience of the world of the music”. The presence of the ultimate reality in front of their eyes, people forget that it is a performance and drawn to the realm of the world he visualized out of the music.

Then his performance comes to the end and people realize that it’s only for limited time lasted a few minutes.

But the experience to share the world with Takahashi will stay within the people who watched it as everlasting sensation felt in their bones. It is a proof that the world he performed certainly existed there.

**The gift Daisuke Takahashi has given to people

I believe I can say that we are simply blessed as figure skating fans that we were there along with him during his competing days, shared the greatest moments and we could pray for him at the tough times.

A great number of people who were full of anticipation rushed to the competitions Takahashi skated.

When his performance was about to start the arena fell utterly silent, and once his performance started, rose the applause, cheers, and then, the swirl of exultation.

I was there within the crowd a number of times. And I witnessed a certain scene again and again.

When you feel happy you show your joy with smiles. But when you feel pure bliss too much to take, you skip the joyousness and have tears.

Someday I want to tell him that many of those who stood up with great cheer after Daisuke Takahashi’s performances had wet their faces with big drops of tears while they were giving applause to him.

By Masanari Matsui

Oct 20, 2014

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Twind, thank you. This article is great.

The author tries to put in words what is so hard to express.... and it gets the point.

Quote :
people forget that it is a performance and drawn to the realm of the world he visualized out of the music.

So true. That's why when Dai ends skating I still feel myself floating above the ice and it takes time to reconnect with reality around me. And it happens every time I watch one of his programs.

Thanks to writer and to you for translation
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you Twind!
Great work and great article!

After reading this - I immediately had to watch Pagliacci from 2012JN. That moment when he rises his hands at the beginning and the entire arena cheers, and then - an absolute silence. He gives you shivers even before he starts. Maestro.

Here is another gift from our precious Twind, Kono Melody dake wa in Makuhari with English Subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llvN_pAeGEA&list=UUk3NYs_SgT0U-Oo_pAI1tmw

It helped me a lot to beat my depression. I will always remember your kindness Twind. I love you
Thank you so much! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:42 am

Great article! I must have missed this video first time seeing it, gorgeous!

Thank you so much Twind!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Twind, thank you for allowing us to read the latest news on Daisuke!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Dai in Namba Takashimaya sushi-restaurant, same midnight blue... Embarassed

source https://www.facebook.com/miyakosusi/posts/795636103811221
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Oooooooh I guess he was happy !  Very Happy   The pleasures of the table !  Very Happy

Thank you let`s talk !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:28 am

Hope Dai is enjoying his free time - He always looks quite happy when eating and drinking Laughing

Thanks so much, let's talk!!!

Going to sleep with Dai-wonderful beauty drunken drunken in my mind - for sure I will have Dai-wonderful dreams I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke retires   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke retires
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next