News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:00 pm

miyu wrote:
Great! sunny  sunny  But how?  Rolling Eyes

I know...  Smile We'll come up with something  scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks ostile for the documentary, I managed to download it before it got blocked.
I didn't have time to watch it entirely yet, but my first (un)lucky click was on the moment Dai answers the question...  pale 
The way he answers... he shows so much dignity.
And why almost all practice moments that are shown are with Yuzuru's music being played?
Manipulators. Monsters.

It doesn't matter. The more they try to belittle him the bigger he will get.

I'm for THE BIG HUG too!!!  sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi Twind. I'm glad you enjoy my posts and I hope that everyone can see that my writing comes straight from my heart. I am very envious that you saw Kurt perform "Singing in the Rain". Back in his day I always felt he was the most artistic skater, at that time, so I was happy to hear that he feels the same way about Dai's skating that we all do. Indeed, it is a big compliment for Dai so I hope he is aware that so many people think so highly of his talent.

I also read this review on Yahoo after Dai's FS at the Olympics and it stayed with me for many days so I went back to search for it so I could share it with everyone as I am sure you all love to hear what others say about him. This is the comment:
"But he was one of the few skaters who didn't run out of steam, looking powerful and crisp at the end of his 4 1/2 minute routine".

I think I was struck by this comment because I realized how true it was. No disrespect, because I can't imagine what it must be like to be on the Olympic ice, but I found that almost every skater in the Men's FS appeared to be exhausted during their skates. Almost like they were struggling to finish and were relieved when it was over. Yet, Dai's final stance at the end of his FS was so strong and he appeared to be so fresh like he could skate the whole program over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:09 am

thank you for the translation, Twind!  now I am with red eyes too. beautiful people. when you think you cannot love them more, than you already do, they always prove you wrong...  I love you I love you I love you 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1976
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 am

@ilica I watched Dai FS video again, the one that you put up on Daily Motion and
do you know that it already has had 6,132 views. You do good work. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazelq
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:09 am

As always I'm late for everything... the documentary was taken down before I could watch it Crying or Very sad could anyone share it with me please? Smile 
I just found out today that Dai no longer has a twitter account and won't be going to worlds, so I'm feeling kinda down about it. It seems his knee condition is worse than I thought, I just hope that he has a good recovery and stays healthy and happy Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heizeru316.tumblr.com
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

Shyla wrote:
@ilica I watched Dai FS video again, the one that you put up on Daily Motion and
do you know that it already has had 6,132 views. You do good work. Thank you!

Thanks Shyla!

I have also uploaded Sonatina from NBC:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ejtub_daisuke-takahashi-sp_sport

(Every time I see this, I want to strangle the moron that screamed "Russia" when Dai was about to start   Evil or Very Mad  )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 am

Hi ilica.  Thanks for posting the Sonatina.  I watched it because I like to hear what various commentators are saying although I braced myself for Scott Hamilton's critiques because he isn't as kind and forgiving as Kurt Browning about the jumps.  During both programs Kurt mentioned Dai's injury in a very sympathetic way and during the Sonatina, after Dai landed a jump, Kurt excitedly blurted out "Clean!" which I thought was so cute.  Luckily, I missed the person screaming "Russia" but your warning gave me a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 am

ilica, thank you for your precious job!

Last part of Sochi memories on BeSoul2 FB page

https://www.facebook.com/beSOUL2?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

and English translation on DTRtS (thanks so much also to Noroton for translation)

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi

This is the pic from BeSoul2. I miss Dai already. I miss him so much. I miss his smile.
God, please, let us enjoy his sweet and warm smile again as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:17 am

Dancergirl wrote:
 During both programs Kurt mentioned Dai's injury in a very sympathetic way and during the Sonatina, after Dai landed a jump, Kurt excitedly blurted out "Clean!" which I thought was so cute.

I loved that too Very Happy !
I also loved what - I think it was Tracy - said. It was something like this "maybe it's not as much his results which have endeared him to skating fans worldwide, but his ability to paint a masterpiece out on the ice each and every time". So true!

Thanks Pattina for the picture and links.
I'm missing him too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am

ilica wrote:
I have also uploaded Sonatina from NBC:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ejtub_daisuke-takahashi-sp_sport
Thank you so much, ilica!!!!!

Dancergirl wrote:

During both programs Kurt mentioned Dai's injury in a very sympathetic way and during the Sonatina, after Dai landed a jump, Kurt excitedly blurted out "Clean!" which I thought was so cute.
Thank you for sharing Kurt's comment!  

ilica wrote:
I also loved what - I think it was Tracy - said. It was something like this "maybe it's not as much his results which have endeared him to skating fans worldwide, but his ability to paint a masterpiece out on the ice each and every time". So true!
I like it, too!

PATTINA wrote:

This is the pic from BeSoul2. I miss Dai already. I miss him so much. I miss his smile.
God, please, let us enjoy his sweet and warm smile again as soon as possible.

Here you are! (From Cathy Reed's FB https://www.facebook.com/cathy.reed.9212)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/p180x540/1780923_10152646751052481_1274296867_n.jpg  lol! 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/5515_10152646751037481_409083851_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/p180x540/1797591_10152646751197481_494805214_n.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 pm

ilica:  I'm glad you were able to see the CBC version with their commentating.  One of the women, I think it was Tracy Wilson, said "Beautiful Triple Axle but he's one of the skaters that doesn't have to jump.  From the second he started the program he had you at hello. Just incredibly beautiful skating". She also said something like "You said he's a star in Japan but I think this guy is a star everywhere he goes because there isn't a person watching this who couldn't appreciate the beauty of this guy's skating".

The other woman said at the end of his performance "he's a Japanese treasure for sure" in a very happy voice. Kurt added "His secret is the turn of phrase with the blade is absolutely unbelievable. He never leaves a note unattended to. Every move is finished, thought out, well costumed, from the heart. he is absolutely such a wonderful representative of our sport".

It always warms my heart to hear how highly thought of he is to everyone in the world and especially those in the skating world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Miyu and Pattina:  Thank you for the cute pictures! When I'm feeling ambitious I will try to make notes of Kurt's comments during the FS.

I was hoping to find the British commentators versions but haven't had any luck.  I enjoy their commentating because they always seem so enthused about Dai.

I just watched my recording of the Sontina so that I could let you know what was being said by Kurt and Tracy. I ended up re-watching Tatsuki's SP, too.  I really enjoyed his performance and so did the commentators.  They said it's been difficult for him to find a place because there are just so many great Japanese skaters but Kurt said "He sure got our attention".

They noticed he had been working on his skating a lot during the practices and his jumps were very secure.  Sorry for going on about him but I also like him and he sure had a tough act to follow when he had to skate after Dai but he held his own.

I am also missing Dai so much, already, so can only imagine how all of you long term admirers are feeling so I'm sending happy thoughts your way.  I'm sure we all wouldn't want to see him perform in pain at the Worlds so we'll just have to be patient during his recovery.  He will come back very strong and refreshed and it will feel like he never left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:34 pm

hazelq wrote:
As always I'm late for everything... the documentary was taken down before I could watch it Crying or Very sad could anyone share it with me please? Smile 
I just found out today that Dai no longer has a twitter account and won't be going to worlds, so I'm feeling kinda down about it. It seems his knee condition is worse than I thought, I just hope that he has a good recovery and stays healthy and happy Smile 

You can watch or DL it from this link.

mediafire.com watch/no8634lbg7w7ejc/20140302_Daisuke_Takahashi.mp4

Yes, I'm feeling down too.

Talking here is probabaly one of the things you can do to comfort yourself.  I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Dancergirl wrote:
Miyu and Pattina:  Thank you for the cute pictures! When I'm feeling ambitious I will try to make notes of Kurt's comments during the FS.

I was hoping to find the British commentators versions but haven't had any luck.  I enjoy their commentating because they always seem so enthused about Dai.

I could only find the EX with British commentary:
http://video.yandex.ru/users/jejel/view/622/?cauthor=jejel&cid=15

However, if you are looking for the Eurosport guys' comment, you will not find it as ES did not have the rights to broadcast the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Dancergirl, thanks a lot for reporting positive appreciation by CBC commentators.
Kurt, are you going to join Aunties/Rascals?  Laughing

It warms my heart to read your enthusiastic posts on Daisuke and the way he grabbed your heart (like he did with mine years ago  I love you )

So glad that in his last stage of his amazing career he was able to mesmerize new audience and to be loved by new fans. He is really a wizard, he is not of this world.

miyu, thank you so much (and thanks to Cathy !!) for Dai's pics.
What a face  lol!  Funny face - lovely face  I love you 

And thanks again to all of you, for sharing emotions and feelings, so intense in these days.

Have you all a nice Dai-day  flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Can anyone please give even just a rough translation of this. Any news?

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140305-00000042-tospoweb-spo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Ostile:  Thank you so much for providing the link to the Gala.  I loved hearing the comments!  And thank you for the information about Eurosport.  That's who I had been searching for because I've watched older video's with their commentating and they sound like big fans.

Pattina:  So cute about Kurt joining the Aunties/Rascals.  I think he joined them a long time ago judging by his comments.

I know that everyone has been upset in recent days with the news of how serious his injury is, the fact that he has withdrawn from the Worlds and the Japanese media causing alarm.  But I hope that it gives you a bit of comfort to know that even at this stage in his career he has obviously moved me in such a big way simply because of his rare gift.  I am sure that I am not the only one he moved in his 2 performances at Sochi.  There are probably many others around the world who don't follow the sport, that felt the same way I did, but just haven't voiced it in a public forum.

So as hard as it is not to despair I am sure this isn't the end.  Just try to think of it as a mini vacation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1976
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:26 pm

@Dancergirl: I nominate you for Cheerleader of DTFF. Your posts are soothing and enjoyable
to read. Us long time fans (and new ones too) of Dai have been a little frazzled here lately
and your posts are much appreciated.  flower 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi Shyla.  I definitely accept your nomination so thank you for that!

When I read through all the posts written by long term fans I am very envious that you have been following him for many years so you have seen his magic much longer than I have.  Sadly, I am reduced to watching old youtube videos and it would have been more enjoyable to see him on a big TV screen (or even better, in person, like many of you but that would be impossible for me).  You are all very lucky to have so many happy memories of each of his performances over the years.

Not to mention that many of the videos are in Japanese so I have no idea what is being said.  For those of you that live in Japan you are very lucky because you know the status of Dai's situation much sooner than the rest of the world.

As I said earlier, this is not the end.  I read an English article, last night, which stated he will rest and think about whether or not he will continue to compete after the ice shows in April and May. Unfortunately, I can't post a link because I'm a new poster and do not want to break any rules.

When Dai skates it is from the heart so this tells me that he, himself, wouldn't and couldn't give up his love of skating.  One way or the other he WILL return.  I am confident of that!

Last edited by Dancergirl on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Shyla wrote:
@Dancergirl: I nominate you for Cheerleader of DTFF. Your posts are soothing and enjoyable
to read. Us long time fans (and new ones too) of Dai have been a little frazzled here lately
and your posts are much appreciated.  flower 

Ah.... new blood, so refreshing!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Sorry ostile, I can't translate all but, the article's title is

Takahashi of Figure Skating temporarily sealed "retirement"

It is full of speculations talking about the "possibility" of his continuing to compete due to the "air" of his withdrawal from the Worlds. It is suggesting, since the Worlds must be his last competition but now is't happening, that Daisuke could continue. it's an article of no news, nothing new though it's nice to see them eager to see him back. Daisuke's words, "wants to come back on ice as soon as possible" is interpreted that he is eager to come back to compete. It also talks about his injury needing 5-6 weeks of resting. But what his diagnosed can be, as far as what I saw in a few pages of info about that condition, quite serious and therefore it shouldn't mean that he will be OK after 5-6 weeks.

Have a great Dai day/dream!

Last edited by Twind on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Dancergirl wrote:
Ostile:  Thank you so much for providing the link to the Gala.  I loved hearing the comments!  And thank you for the information about Eurosport.  That's who I had been searching for because I've watched older video's with their commentating and they sound like big fans.

Pattina:  So cute about Kurt joining the Aunties/Rascals.  I think he joined them a long time ago judging by his comments.

I know that everyone has been upset in recent days with the news of how serious his injury is, the fact that he has withdrawn from the Worlds and the Japanese media causing alarm.  But I hope that it gives you a bit of comfort to know that even at this stage in his career he has obviously moved me in such a big way simply because of his rare gift.  I am sure that I am not the only one he moved in his 2 performances at Sochi.  There are probably many others around the world who don't follow the sport, that felt the same way I did, but just haven't voiced it in a public forum.

So as hard as it is not to despair I am sure this isn't the end.  Just try to think of it as a mini vacation.

Yes, forgive us... it's been two hard seasons, I feel like I've aged 10 years.
But worry not, we don't give up on him and we are aware that he can move people's hearts and will do so forever.
He transcends skating. He is so much more...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Twind wrote:
ostile, the article's title is

Takahashi of Figure Skating temporarily sealed "retirement"

It is full of speculations talking about the "possibility" of his continuing to compete due to the "air" of his withdrawal from the Worlds. It is suggesting, since the Worlds must be his last competition but now is't happening, that Daisuke could continue. it's an article of no news, nothing new though it's nice to see them eager to see him back. Daisuke's words, "wants to come back on ice as soon as possible" is interpreted that he is eager to come back to compete. It also talks about his injury needing 5-6 weeks of resting. But what his diagnosed can be, as far as what I saw in a few pages of info about that condition, quite serious and therefore it shouldn't mean that he will be OK after 5-6 weeks.

Have a great Dai day/dream!

Thank you Twind. In other words, nothing worth of attention, that's what I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dancergirl
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Twind:  Thank you for translating the article.

Ostile:  This "new" blood wishes she was "old" blood like so many of you because there are a lot of things I have missed over the years.  It's apparent to me that none of the long term fans (or new ones) will ever give up on him.  Who could?  I love your words "He transcends skating. He is so much more..." because it is so true and eloquently written.

I think the recent developments are just one more bump in the road which too shall pass when he gets the rest and treatment required.  I am guessing that many of you have experienced this before with his injuries.  Yet with his incredible strength and perseverance he has always come through, seemingly unscathed, 'though difficult and painful for him.

If there was ever a person that deserved to be injury-free and healthy it is Dai.  He has given so much, to so many, so it's time his good karma kicked in.  This is what I wish for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   

Back to top Go down

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next