News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Skate America 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:03 am

Sorry, these are from the programs. Advice me if I have to take them off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 am

In this competition, this advertisement at the Kiss & Cry is such a direct connection to the skaterís needs --- boxes of tissues to blow their noses. Laughing† Hope the skaters have got free suppliesÖ (Early Thursday Oct 17, the day of SP)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 am

A moment after. Still at the morning practice. This was taken from the far opposite end.

I was looking through to sort out my pictures and found this after I came home. Utako sensei, who was always seen smiling cheerfully or having a tough encouraging look to support Dai throughout the competition, for a moment showed this look when he was not looking her way. I almost could hear her gentle prayer for him while looking at the back of Daisuke, big eyed and bewildered, yet going out to the ice again to work harder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 am

Someone told me he looked as if he surrendered himself, entrusted something higher up during this performance. While they are showing that my shooting skills werenít good, these two pictures are my best favorite moments I captured during this competition.

I'm Sorry for my taking up so much space. I'm going to be quiet and behave now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:07 am

OMG Twind please do not behave. These photos are just amazing! You really captured
the moment! Thank you so much for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 am

Twind, what wonderful pictures!!! †drunkencheers
Please don't stop! bounce† Never too much of such beauty!!!
Thank you! flower

The one with Utako sensei made me cry again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 am

Twind, these are Daiwonderful pictures drunken
Great shots cheerscheers†Thank you so much.

Please, please don't stop - we never get tired of Daisuke and his beauty I love you

ilica wrote:
The one with Utako sensei made me cry again...
Me, too. Her look tells more than thousands of words, so worried for her brave boy.

A nice Dai-day to all flowerflower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Twind wrote:
almost back on track of my life and now Iím looking forward to catching up all the news and videosÖ
Ок, waste Twind, it was not easy to do all this work, I know. But it is great. We will wait for news.cheers†\

Thanks to all who post here news and videos.I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Oooooooooooooh thank you very very much !!! Each member of this forum is great !! Thank you for the contribution of each one !
Twind, your pictures are sunny† Thank you !
Let's Talk I love you†, thank you for the videos. l really like the practice FS and EX videos.

I'm happy because the commentators of Eurosport have said very nice words about Daisuke, very touching.

We could feel the incredible warming support from the audience for Daisuke.

Daisuke is a really beautiful artist.
He skates with his soul and heart in his hand. He deserves the best.
I love him much more and more. This feeling is growing up day by day.

He has won the gold medal in the heart of so many people around the world!

From France I send a lot of love to Daisuke.

sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 am

Interesting video here. They compare Chan's and Dai's transitions and skating skills based on LPs at SC and SA. They removed jumps and some spins, failed to remove one of Dai's jumps so deep it was in TR and steps. I can see how much lighter and softer Dai's skating is, and way faster (check out the ads on boards). At the same time it has character (Presentation and Interpretation score), unlike in Chan's where it all looks the same repetitive moves for the entire prog.
But what score in reality both of them got from judges- you know No
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22137589
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 am

Thank you so much, Twind! Bravo!!cheerscheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazelq
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 am

Thank you Twind for sharing these beautiful pictures of Dai, I tried to take pictures of him with my iphone but he skates soo fast that it was impossible, I haven't checked if there are good pics of him in my camera (my husband was using that camera since I don't trust my camera shooting skills lol). It has taken me all this time after Skate America to go back to normal life Razz†I wish competitions were longer so we can have time to meet everyone and spend time with everyone.
I'm really happy I got to meet Ostile, Genki and Twind Very Happy†hopefully we can meet each other again in another competition or show.
Seeing Dai skating live was simply breathtaking, I can't describe it in words but you can definitely see that his skating is out of this world. It was unfortunate that he couldn't medal at this event, but I could definitely see how amazing his fans are, always cheering him and supporting him, he even mentioned this in one of the interviews he did in english. I was surrounded by many japanese fans and got the chance to talk to some of them, I remember one lady cheering me and saying "ganbatte" when I was trying to write a letter for Dai in hiragana Razz
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I read in twitter that Dai forgot his ipod so that's why he skated to "The Crisis", I'm soo happy he skated to this program, we screamed and gasped when we heard the first notes of this program during the gala practice.
Dai is such a nice and humble person, me and many other fans went to the skater's hotel after the gala show finished and even though he was tired he stayed for a few minutes giving autographs to all the fans. I had the chance to give him the present and letter I prepared for him and he warmly said "thank you very much", I wanted to thank him for skating to "The Crisis" but I was so excited and nervous that I got tongue-tied lol
I wish I could go to the rest of the competitions Dai will participate in but real life prevents me to do that lol so I count on you Genki and Ostile to keep cheering him as hard as you can~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heizeru316.tumblr.com
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you everyone, for your warm encouragement, You all are so nice! I love you

Hello hazelq, Iím happy that I could see you, and Itís wonderful that you could meet Daisuke such a great way!!! cheers

If ďThe CrisisĒ was skated by accident, Shocked† then Iím so thankful that he forgot his music. Very Happy

letís talk, I saw the video. Iím with you, I can see Daisukeís part again and again Öwell, all day. Canít say the same thing with Chanís, heavily biased as a Dai-fan. What a Face† The bright side of it is that having Patrick Chan as a skater in the same competing era inspired Daisuke very much and now he has truly become a whole package and asking even for more. The scores --- very often frustrating. The outcome, that is, what Daisuke have achieved in his performances --- Iím thankful to Chan, if not to the judges.

Now I saw that, I just have to do this. One last photoÖ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Different from any other program before, its opening has such a gentle and warm air. All his fans in the arena, just like the lady who is praying right behind on the left, got all wound up tight but Daisuke himself is casting his glance away in the distance in a dreamy way. Heís not smiling like JO performance, but this is also so good.

This unguarded stance shows such maturity, but also somewhat like a child who doesnít know how to smother up his fear. Looks so easy to break, so vulnerable and yet, stands still magnificently. Surrendered and exposed himself, in exchange, became so free.

And once the program started, he wrapped each one of us with the air that melts our fear.

This is all in my Dai-crazy head but, if he ever felt some helplessness in this competition, it must be such a valuable, meaningful step to make his programs complete, Sonatina and this program.

Have a great Dai-dream! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

Twind, I'm trying to post something coherent here, but I just have no words...

The last photo...
He looks like an ancient statue (only more beautiful) but there is something so precious, so vulnerable in his entire body expression...
And there is his gorgeous, dreamy face... And the praying lady...
What a marvelous picture!

And what beautiful and true words from you!

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 am

I woke up this morning to find these great pictures of Dai and Twind's true and moving words. And now the day is brighter.

Thank you, Twind, for sharing your feelings, in addition to pics.

Dai is so exposed and surrended and at the same time I can feel his fortitude and the power of his beautiful soul.

Have a bright Dai-day flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 am

Twind wrote:

Different from any other program before, its opening has such a gentle and warm air. All his fans in the arena, just like the lady who is praying right behind on the left, got all wound up tight but Daisuke himself is casting his glance away in the distance in a dreamy way. Heís not smiling like JO performance, but this is also so good.

This unguarded stance shows such maturity, but also somewhat like a child who doesnít know how to smother up his fear. Looks so easy to break, so vulnerable and yet, stands still magnificently. Surrendered and exposed himself, in exchange, became so free.

And once the program started, he wrapped each one of us with the air that melts our fear.

This is all in my Dai-crazy head but, if he ever felt some helplessness in this competition, it must be such a valuable, meaningful step to make his programs complete, Sonatina and this program.

Have a great Dai-dream! flower
At the end of the program, the Japanese lady close to me and I were weeping in each other's arms, holding so tight: we had just met 40 minutes before, when she and her friend saw me with D1sk towel and realized I was cheering for him. Such an intense moment.

Such is the power of Dai...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:22 am

That's incredible that Rascals were able to meet each other. That's a beautiful journey from the totally unknown until Daisuke ! Thank you !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:48 am

Oh, ostile, what a story!! I love youI love you

The power of Dai, yes indeed. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:02 am

Thank you let's talk - Dai is so funny Laughing† And Max too, mocking him Laughing

ostile, thank you for sharing your personal experience at SA. Really "Dai Power" cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks let`s talk! Very Happy

The entire situation is here (but first Dai's quad Very Happy†)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zhoc_Lmc61I#t=1890

Thank you ostile!
The power of Dai sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:25 am

Thanks for sharing ostile. Dai's skating always tugs at my heart especially
the Beatles Medley because I know that he is telling his story and having a
conversation with the the audience and his interpretation is hauntingly beautiful
and so emotional.

Dai and Max were so funny in the Gala practice clip thanks let's talk for posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:24 pm

One more "jewel" from our Twind

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 am

OMG †drunkendrunkendrunkendrunken

Thank you Twind, great pic.cheers† You captured Dai's soul †I love youI love you

ostile, thank you for posting †cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2013   

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10