News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am

I was in a closer to the ceiling seat.
During the 6-minute practice, Dai looked very good. Jumps were huge and the quads also looked not like "struggling" ones. Very happy to see that.

As you know, the performance, maybe not his strongest one, but every single movement was just synchronized with the music.

He looked very happy after finish his performance, and shared that moment with his team mates and Utako-sensei.

Now I know, he said YATTA~!!! Very happy that he could end his performance with this word. And when Utako-sensei leaving K&C, said, "come here tomorrow again for cheering, right!" with strong voice. Not only Dai but Utako-sensei also had a very tough season. Have a happy time tonight, just enjoy!!!

masy

Last edited by masy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:27 am

Thank you Genki and masy! I love you

I must have confused or forgotten something about Dai's blades, he was already using the old blades at Japanese National? What about 4CC and Worlds?
Never mind, the important thing is, he is using them now and his jumps are back! cheers

It was an experimental season for Dai, but he needed to try things to be sure he had done everything to win The Game.

Back to the fun, here is Team Japan with the adorable Captain: drunken flower

Day1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QzVA0n4a878
Day2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oqS_Ta0_xk4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:49 am

Thank you for the report, let's talk and masy.
Here is my turn.

When I saw the face of Dai-chan, who appeared in the rink side before the 6 minutes warm-up, I immediately convinced it's going to be a good day. sunny Just as I thought, he landed beautiful two 3As. The two quads werenít perfect but it was OK.

Then, what happened to Menshov made me a bit nervousÖ (I hope his quick recovery.) But it seems it was only me! Dai-chan was tougher than such an accident. He stayed calm and didnít lose his concentration.

Look this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibe0UpsWEW8
From 3:40, Shizuka and Shuzo explains that Dai-chan didnít know what was going on until Menshov came back to the backyard. (around 5:00) Shuzo asked him why he could stay clam like that, he answered because he was perfectly ready.

COOL!!! I love you

Then you know what happened. It was a good day, indeed!

let's talk wrote:
Video/photos are not allowed. During zamboni time they go blind eye, or pretend so. I did a small one of Dai's banners. You see? RELIGION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3vE8R7Jyx8
Thank you, letís talk. I guess 95% were Dai-chanís banner. Actually even me, was surprised at the number of rascals in the arena. Shocked I think the number of Dai-chanís fans are still increasing at rapid pace. A nice rascal sitting next to me, I donít know her personally Wink , cried with waving that yellow towel at the end of his performance. Cute.

masy wrote:
As you know, the performance, maybe not his strongest one, but every single movement was just synclonized with the music.

He looked very happy after finish his performance, and shared that moment with his team mates and Utako-sensei.
cheers cheers

Please say "I'm so happy" again for us, Dai-chan!! Embarassed king

ilica wrote:
Back to the fun, here is Team Japan with the adorable Captain drunken flower
Indeed!! drunken Mao also looked cute with the Hinomaru sensu (folding fan) on her head, yesterday. flower

Last edited by miyu on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 am

ilica,

According to what I heard Dai just changed his boots and blades to the ones he was using last season after the Worlds. For the Japan Nationals in December, it just so happened that the curve of his blades were nicely(?) worn and that helped his jumps and his magical performance then.

The blades he used earlier this season help his general skating and therefore his spins (look how he got all level 3 for SP all of sudden in WTT), but old blades are better for jumps, landing especially. Under current system, losing jump scores hurts more than anything, so he probably reluctantly gave up his smoother skating with speed and tried to secure his jumps and it worked. Very Happy

That's why, I believe, he said "yatta!" (I did it!) at the very end of his FS. I believe he wouldn't mean that that was his best kind of performance but I think he was very satisfied he could managed to land jumps and he could perform what he currently can do. As we all know, he really were having a hard time to rotate his quad in the practice and he did it when it counts. bounce

Sorry, you said you were already back to fun. forget it. Everything is cool now that he is happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Many thanks to all members for info, translations, link, etc..

Now we know that he had to face so many issues: from blades to mental shape (may I add a possibly unappropriate diet Rolling Eyes ?) but being the great & brave skaters he is, Dai overcame all problems, bringing back superior jumps and self confidence Very Happy

And his humility: the arena getting crazy and he says Although, it was not 100 % Smile
Love him also for his lovely nature drunken : no arrogance, no over presumption, only the sound pride for the good results of his never ending efforts.

Is this a RELIGION? YES !! cheers cheers and I am really proud of being one of believers Very Happy sunny

Dai, enjoy this moment and take care of yourself. Wink

GO DAI GO DAI GO DAI

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Thank you so much Twind for explaining the "blade situation" for me! cheers
Twind wrote:
For the Japan Nationals in December, it just so happened that the curve of his blades were nicely(?) worn and that helped his jumps and his magical performance then.
This part did confuse me, now I get it. Thank you! I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2084
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh my, so much information since I last signed on. Thank you Everyone I love you for translations, information and video links!

Anyone watching the Ladies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:00 pm

I am watching.
US ladies were sensational today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Yes Ashley and Gracie were great. Suzuki just blew the roof off the house. Just fabulous!

It was so Funny when Team Canada came into Japan's K&C when Suzuki was waiting for her scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I really wonder why Akkio has not gotten big PCS in regular competitions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 pm

^Me too. That has always has bothered me. She certainly deserves them.

Congrats to Team USA, Team Canada and Team Japan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Congratulations to Team USA! Great skaters.
I'm very happy that Jeremy could finish his season with a gold. Very Happy Very Happy
And amazingly gutsy girls... Shocked

Congratulations to Team Canada! this year much more fun and spirit@kiss & cry!
thank you for joining to celebrate Akko! with Piyo-Piyo (tweet-tweet?) dance!! Razz

Congratulations to Team Japan! Great achievement without a Pair skaters entry!!
And Daichan & Akkochan Ichiban omedeto!!

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 pm

I wonder which Team will win the Team Spirit Award? Last year it was France.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 pm

So much information... and I have to run to work!
Thank you all for the translations, the articles, the blades/boots details and the great video with a minute by minute of what was going on. Dai's reaction at Chan's splat was sort of priceless, sorry! Laughing

I'm sure this season was a valuable lesson to him, and he won't repeat the same mistakes again in his last season. As usual, I am so proud of him!!!

I watched the Ladies and was in tears for Akiko performance: so beautiful and touching!

Did anyone watch the Medals? Did Cinquanta say something atrocious to the US Team? They, and especially Ashley, looked horrified and they all went "what???/WTH?" I'm so ashamed of him! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi ostile. I watched the cermony. Cinquanta did say something and I did notice
Ashley's reaction but have no idea what was said. I am sure we will hear about it
soon if it was atrocious. lol

Have a nice day at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:06 pm

ostile17 wrote:
So much information... and I have to run to work!
Thank you all for the translations, the articles, the blades/boots details and the great video with a minute by minute of what was going on. Dai's reaction at Chan's splat was sort of priceless, sorry! Laughing I'm sure this season was a valuable lesson to him, and he won't repeat the same mistakes again in his last season. As usual, I am so proud of him!!!

I watched the Ladies and was in tears for Akiko performance: so beautiful and touching!

Did anyone watch the Medals? Did Cinquanta say something atrocious to the US Team? They, and especially Ashley, looked horrified and they all went "what???/WTH?" I'm so ashamed of him! Sad

Dai probably realized with Patrick's third fall he was the winner. Patrick has won with 2 falls before many times but the third fall Dai knew
he won and could not hide his excitement. He covered his mouth in astonishment when Patrick fell the third time but Dai's eyes
gave him away. He really has expressive eyes.

I am not saying that Dai was happy that Patrick fell but he was happy that he was going to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:34 pm

From the Asahi;

朝日新聞スポーツ ‏@asahi_sports 5時間
高橋選手の気遣いは、今大会も見られました。昨日の会見。3位以上の国の主将が出ますが、翌日に演技のある女子のワグナー選手を気遣って、最後は短い返答で切り上げてました。それだけでなく、質問した記者に「短い答えですみません」と頭を下げていました。すごいな、と思います。

Daisuke takes care of everybody. The captains of top three teams have to attend the official interviews. Knowing that Ashley would compete today, he made the answer very short for her, apologizing for his short reply to the interviewer.

Last edited by masy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Ostile17 wrote

Quote :
Dai's reaction at Chan's splat was sort of priceless, sorry! Laughing

I'm sure that he was surprised - and not happy - by Chan's heavy splat, but he soon realized that he was the winner. And he could not help: he smiled, while hiding. But ahahah the look in his eyes Very Happy

quote]Did Cinquanta say something atrocious to the US Team? They, and especially Ashley, looked horrified and they all went "what???/WTH?" I'm so ashamed of him! Sad[/quote][/color]

If Cinquanta talked as he did in his introduction speech.....I'm ashamed too, as Italian: he made me shiver, awfull pronunciation pale
Maybe USA Team are still wondering what he intended to say scratch

Good fair-play by all skaters. They really enjoyed. So I hope to see a good EX tomorrow (for me it's tomorrow morning at 7.00 - but this time I'll be able to watch it live). Live Dai.... I love you

GO DAI GO DAI GO DAI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Where do you see Dai's reaction on Chan's 3rd fall? Can anybody give me the link, please? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 pm

let`s talk wrote:
Where do you see Dai's reaction on Chan's 3rd fall? Can anybody give me the link, please? Embarassed

Miyu provided the link. It is on Page 11 of this thread. Dai's reaction is toward the end of the clip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 pm

No, I don't think he was happy, just half surprised and a little amused... and so very spontaneous, most of all! Sorry if I sounded disrespectful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Shyla wrote:
let`s talk wrote:

Miyu provided the link. It is on Page 11 of this thread. Dai's reaction is toward the end of the clip.
Thank you! I watched it! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:40 pm

No ostile you did not sound disrespectful at all to me. I understood what you meant. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Ostile, you were not disrespectful and IMO Dai, too, did not want to be disrespectful towards Patrick. Anyway, his reaction was quite natural and spontaneous, as he is. sunny

On the contrary, my reaction was a bit naughty: I start dancing Razz
Just for a few seconds.... but it seemed to me a sort of justice - if you get me right Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Twind wrote:
ilica,

According to what I heard Dai just changed his boots and blades to the ones he was using last season after the Worlds. For the Japan Nationals in December, it just so happened that the curve of his blades were nicely(?) worn and that helped his jumps and his magical performance then.

The blades he used earlier this season help his general skating and therefore his spins (look how he got all level 3 for SP all of sudden in WTT), but old blades are better for jumps, landing especially. Under current system, losing jump scores hurts more than anything, so he probably reluctantly gave up his smoother skating with speed and tried to secure his jumps and it worked. Very Happy

Why can't he use the same type nicely worn blades that he used at JN... confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   

Back to top Go down

WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next