News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Share | 

News & Topics 2012/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 51  Next
AuthorMessage
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts: 1304
Registration date: 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm

miyu wrote:

Q: Do you have any idea of next season's programs?
D: I don't want to think of it now. It's a really hard work to decide new programs every year. Who to ask to choreograph? What kind of music? At any rate I have to think a lot. It would be nice that a certain genre is chosen for SP like OD. (* he said "original dance") Then the differences of expression between skaters will appear more clearly. And you can choose anything freely for FP. How about this rule? I propose it!
That's smart thinking indeed from Dai and it would make a great rule, I think he should propose it for real! Of course the others not being up to his artistic standards wouldn't agree, but it's really an interesting idea. Maybe he should join the ISU once he retires and bring fresh ideas to the stale system!

Quote :
Q: Sure, it will be a hard work to decide as you change choreographers every year.
D: At the beginning of this season, I already had only four choices as only two seasons were left for me. But now only two. I feel like it's too difficult to choose by myself.

Oh but please, Dai-chan, don't ask for Moron-ov help!!!

Twind wrote:

I like his haircut too.

FYI, Nagasawa san, the hair stylist said that though he could sense Dai-chan was tired of the current style and dying to change it, Dai has to be a grown-up Laughing and put up with an "ordinary" hair cut for now for he will have another competition coming soon. So Mr Nagasawa announced that for the next time we'd expect a new style. affraid

Fingers crossed... Cool

Yes, that's a nice hair-cut but it's way too "formal" for him, I thought!
I can't wait for a more radical change of style once the competitive season is over! He will surprise us... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts: 632
Registration date: 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks miyu.
After reading the interview, I felt he did too much in 12/13 season..especially too many practices, too much thoughts.
Experts say he is simply best and has enormous talent so please Daisuke, trust yourself!!
I worry that he seems to do even more in off season.

And choice of music, choreo and quad..etc, umm, It might be better if he takes a simple approach.IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
2A
2A

Number of posts: 974
Registration date: 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:12 am

Thank you everybody for all the news, and miyu for the translation! I love you

Please, Dai, not "The phantom of the opera", and especially not in Morozov choreography!

I'm trying to prepare myself for Dai's new haircut. After such season it will be something crazy for sure. afro

Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts: 416
Registration date: 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

fosse wrote:
Guys, more interesting part of the interview will come. please wait for translation.
Hehe. I think I know what you mean and I have a comment on that. But I'll wait when Miyu translate the last part in order not to spoil everyone's fun. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts: 2286
Registration date: 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi guys! I'm sorry I made you wait.

Here is the third page. (I hope you can understand my translation, seriouly this time.....)

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_takahashi3.html

Q: Finally we will have the Olympic games in the next season. Are you feeling differently from how you felt before the previous two Olympics started?
D: As for Torino Olympics, I became eager to go to the Olympics after 2005 World Championships, so I started preparing for it after the Olympics season had already started. As for Vancouver Olympics, I sat out for a year due to the injury which I got a year before, so I also could prepare for it only within the year of the Olympics. But this time, it's pretty much different because I've been preparing for three years in my mind.

Q: Is the Olympics that special after all?
A: It's different at all. The atmosphere is different. Even though we have the same athletes and judges as usual, the atmosphere is totally different.

Q: How did you feel during Torino Olympics?
D: I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't feel much that I was burdened with something. I got excited with a joy to participate in the Olympics and then it was over.

Q: How about Vancouver Olympics?
D: It was just after I came back from the injury. I had to prepare for it in a dash and also thought I wanted to enjoy the olympics, because, to be honest, I was not sure if I could win a medal, I thought it difficult. But it will be more difficult this time, I think.

Q: As you got the medal without any successful quads in Vancouver, donít you have a good shot at winning something better with your current condition?
D: I couldn't land any quads during that season but at the same time no one did it. It was very different from the current situation, now doing three quads is no longer special.

Q: You answered in the interview in Canada "Probably the next year will be the last" with an uncertain nuance. There appeared a possibility not to retire?
D: Iíve never declared clearly that the next year is the last. I just said I will work hard taking it as the last year. (laugh bitterly) I limit the time and I will work as much as I can admit Iíve done enough until then. So, at the end of next year if I think I canít do anymore, I will quit. Probably I wonít continue after next year, but anything could happen in life.

Q: I see, I actually expected a little. What kind of performance do you want to deliver in the Olympics?
D: If I can go, Iíd like to deliver a performance which moves my own self. A performance that I put every single piece of myself into. Itís no matter whether I make a mistake or not. Iíd like to feel the atmosphere, itís hard to say, something like the arena is uniting into one. The indescribable atmosphere that Iím connecting (to the arena).

Q: What kind of experience will Sochi Olympics become for you?
D: Itís not determined yet if I can participate or not, but the road to this coming Olympics is also the start for the next chapter of my life. It will all depend on the Olympics how I can start my next career after I retire. So I think, itís the last, yet also the first. It will be a start for me in order to start doing what Iím willing to do.

Yes, I have things I want to say. But tonight I don't have time.. I leave it to fosse and let's talk. Wink Please go ahead! Cool I will be back later on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
3A
3A

Number of posts: 1469
Registration date: 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks miyu for the further translation. I am trying to read between the lines about Dai's retirement.

It seems there may be a possibility that Dai will compete at Worlds in Japan?

Q: You answered in the interview in Canada "Probably the next year will be the last" with an uncertain nuance. There appeared a possibility not to retire?
D: Iíve never declared clearly that the next year is the last. I just said I will work hard taking it as the last year. (laugh bitterly) I limit the time and I will work as much as I can admit Iíve done enough until then. So, at the end of next year if I think I canít do anymore, I will quit. Probably I wonít continue after next year, but anything could happen in life.

In his retirement announcement he made earlier he said that 2014 would be his last season but he did not specifically say that he would retire immediately after Sochi.

What do you all think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

Number of posts: 383
Registration date: 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:27 pm

miyu, thank you for the translation. Great job! I love you
Hope, next season will be successful. Let's think about this. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PATTINA
2A
2A

Number of posts: 863
Registration date: 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 pm

miyu, many thanks for transation.
Your English is quite good and fluent. Very Happy
Wish Dai all the best for next season (and WTT also) and for his future career cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Thank you Miyu, for the last part of the interview. It's the first time that he hints at the possibility of not retiring after Sochi so openly, and like his decision of staying until Sochi, this thought comes right after a big disappointment. I wonder what's going on in his mind...

This has been a very interesting interview indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
2A
2A

Number of posts: 974
Registration date: 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:51 am

Wow wow Wow! Thank you, miyu! cheers

After this year disappointing WC, I thought, maybe something good will come from it, like, maybe he will stay with us a little bit longer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts: 632
Registration date: 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi~
News from Kobe charity.

Daisuke donated some items at auction as usual.
5 pairs of boots used by him at Worlds(2), 4CC ,GPF & JN(same boots) and etc in 12/13 season and his team's wear & backpack.

He changed 3 pairs of boots from Jan. to worlds Shocked
Um...We can assume that he had real serious boots problem since second half in this season. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masy
1A
1A

Number of posts: 125
Registration date: 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 pm

I wish I could have gotton one pair of his boots Embarassed

At the opening, Daisuke said,

朝日新聞スポーツ ‏@asahi_sports

高橋選手「本当の復興はこの先長くかかると思います。何かできることがないかと始めたことが3回目を迎えられ、ありがたく思います。2年経ちましたが、震災を忘れないこととともに、大きなショーのような照明もないですが、来てくれた皆さんに楽しんでもらえるよう頑張ります

"Still needs a long long time till all really get recovered, I'm afraid. After the earthquake happened, we, skaters thought what we could do for them, and held a charity show. And thanks to everybody's support, we have the third one today. We're really appreciate this. Two years has passed, but it's important for us not to forget. We'll do our best today, though we don't have any special lights like ordinary show has. Thank you for coming and hope you'll enjoy."

We won't forget that and always remember still so many people are suffering...

masy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you very, very much, Masy. His words are always heartwarming!

http://mainichi.jp/graph/2013/04/01/20130401k0000m050053000c/001.html
http://www.47news.jp/CN/201303/CN2013033101001927.html

Last edited by ostile17 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireni
1A
1A

Number of posts: 62
Registration date: 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm

miyu, thank you very much for the translation!
From me and from all Russian fans flower

ostile17 wrote:
https://twitter.com/plum3sue/status/318165543901347842/photo/1
this photo is from show in 2011 http://nipponnews.photoshelter.com/image/I0000_IX6KRObt5g

News clip about today's show in Kobe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWz2oCN04UE

Last edited by ireni on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://irenis.diary.ru/
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

ireni wrote:
miyu, thank you very much for the translation!
From me and from all Russian fans flower

ostile17 wrote:
https://twitter.com/plum3sue/status/318165543901347842/photo/1
this photo is from show in 2011 http://nipponnews.photoshelter.com/image/I0000_IX6KRObt5g

News clip about today's show in Kobe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWz2oCN04UE

Thanks! Edited!

And three pairs of boots since January? Wow!

Last edited by ostile17 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

News & Topics 2012/13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 51Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 51  Next