News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Share | 

News & Topics 2012/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 51  Next
AuthorMessage
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts: 368
Registration date: 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Wow! JSF chose a speed skater Kato and figure skaters Mao and Dai as best athletes of the 2012-2013 season. Does it mean anything between the lines Arrow ?
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130327-00000049-kyodo_sp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
3A
3A

Number of posts: 1272
Registration date: 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am

Congrats to Dai and Mao, well deserved honor! It is about time the JSF is showing Dai some love. I hope that the JSF does not have an ulterior motive because Dai is certainly one of the best and most loved Athlete in the world.

Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts: 628
Registration date: 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Latest interview

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_takahashi1.html

He is a great man. king

Last edited by fosse on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts: 1169
Registration date: 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Google Translate not helping much here... unless the interview really talks about "pus"? Very Happy

Last edited by ostile17 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts: 2189
Registration date: 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Thank you very much for letting us know the interview, fosse! Very interesting.

I just did the first page. It's an horrible translation, maybe, but I guess it's better than nothing. Wink I hope you will find better one soon.

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_takahashi1.html

The interview was held on the day he came back to Japan.

Q: The WC was unfortunate. Was it due to the failure of peaking?
D: As for peaking, I trained very hard before leaving for Canada and I expected things would go up after I got to the venue. I didnít know why but I couldnít land any quads. It overwhelmed me mentally so that I got out of shape even by myself though the other jumps werenít bad.

Q: ItĎs really difficult, as youíve been in a shape which allowed you to try 3 quads so far this season.
D: In the other competitions (except WC), I could land couples of quads during the official practices. But I could land only one in the WCÖ. When I think about it now, I did a good amount of practice but probably I didnít practice enough to jump two quads in the first half. Though I did the second part when my physical strength was gone, a lotÖ Of course I thought it was the best to do when I actually practiced. That's the story, when I look back now.

Q: I heard you did a huge amount of practice after 4CC, did it make you tired?
D: The practice was very intense but I wasnít tired at all. I was ďreadyĒ both mentally and physically. In fact I was looking forward to seeing how much I could do.

Q: Was it a mental issue rather than technical one, wasnít it?
D: When you can land quads, you feel like you can. But this time Iíd like to consider whether the cause was mental or physical, taking enough time. Probably I have to check the form by replaying the video. It happens you lose the timing while you don't notice it. Sometimes you will get stuck and canít get out of it when you practice too much.

Q: Surely, a person often wanders off into labyrinth when you practice too much.
D: Yes. But I donít regret it because I went into the competition after I did practice. Iím just frustrated with myself. I donít feel like Iím over. I feel down about the fact that I couldnít show off what Iíve been working.

Q: You are more a person who do a miracle in a real competition.
D: I think in the FP, I concentrated so early that I got tired. After I did warming up excercise, I brought myself into the mental concentration for competition just a little earlier than usual. Then I found myself losing focus and calmness in the real competition. It was something like my body was ready but my head was tired. I still donít get used to how to bring myself when it comes to the real.

Q: Doesn't it work when you think about wins or losses?
D:It doesnít work when I become greedy. But I thought of W/L without realizing it in this season. Especially in WC where the number of the spots of Sochi was determined, I thought I could not move down anymore after placing 4th in the SP. That was the point. I was thinking it would be difficult to medal here inside of my mind, so that I was pressed not to move down from 4th.

Q: It was different from the last season when you trained feverishly.
D: Yes, I had no idea how far I could go in the last season. I was still disastrous technically and I finally could land one quad in the last WC. But I did expect to myself this season

Q: You feel frustrated even though you land a quad this time (?), does it mean you wanted something more?
D: Yes, the level I expect to myself was increased, and I fought from the level, so I felt a bit differently from the last season. Last year I didnít expect that much to myself, but I do this year. I can do this, I can do that, then the number of the things I have to do naturally was increased. But when the Olympics season comes, I will become more ambitious. So I had to experience how this kind of feeling affect me before it.

Q: So while you are growing like that, this WC might be a good chance to drain the pus.
D: Maybe. I can say it was a chance to drain the pus if the next season is fine, but if I canít do well the next season, itís not the pus anymore. Itís all depends on the next season.

Q: Did (the result of the WC) turn into the motivation for next season?
D: As Iím working with the three year plan aiming Sochi from the start, it rather stimulated me in a good way. Iíd like to start again after re-considering how I should work with what kind of mind-set next season.

My time is over for today. Sorry. Neutral If anyone can translate the rest of the ineterview, PLEASE DO!
Anyway he sounds very positive and organized. What a guy!! Wink

Ganbare Dai-chan!! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Thank you so much Fosse and Miyu!!!

It's such a relief to hear he has a positive attitude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks for the translation miyu and to fosse!

It is good to hear in Dai's own words about his experience at the WC.
I really respect his answers. He does not sugar coat or make excuses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Going back to the Worlds' practices, it seemed really weird that he would wait so long into the practice session to start practicing quads, and how after starting practicing the quads he would lose his other jumps too, especially his gorgeous 3A which he was landing perfectly during the first part of the practice. I guess that was the wrong approach... But like he says, it's easier to say in hindsight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 am

Time for a new hair-cut!!!

http://ameblo.jp/marienbethkyoryuchi/entry-11499953414.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts: 628
Registration date: 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks to ostile17 for info.
He looks good and relaxed. Very Happy
He seems to ready for charity and would be WTT(too soon?).

and Thanks to miyu for translation and sorry I can't help you because of my poor english. scratch
Guys, more interesting part of the interview will come. please wait for translation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:08 am

Love the new haircut. Dai is looking so fabulous! Thanks for the link.

Ostile about Dai's jumps. I was so sure he was injured but Dai did not say that. Even in his Exhibition he stumbled out of his 3A which is not alarming but when he had the stumbles on his footwork I was concerned that he may be injured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 pm

You are welcome, guys. Wink
Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions on my tranlation.

Shyla wrote:
I really respect his answers. He does not sugar coat or make excuses.
Yeah, we will never know the truth even if he had some troubles (shoes?) in London. But I believe his words, he did what he thought to be best. It's enough for me.

ostile17 wrote:
and how after starting practicing the quads he would lose his other jumps too, especially his gorgeous 3A which he was landing perfectly during the first part of the practice.
I'm sorry for you. To witness Dai-chan struggling so hard in front of you was a heart breaking experience for you.

fosse wrote:
and Thanks to miyu for translation and sorry I can't help you because of my poor english.
You are always quick to find news about Dai-chan! I really appreciate it. And my English is also....

Last edited by miyu on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Here is the second page.

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_takahashi2.html

Q: You changed the music in the middle of the season. It was quite unusual for you.
D: I couldn't get into the music when I skated it in competition. I have to skate minding detailed edge works or upper body movements in competitions so that I couldn't ride on the music. Utako-sensei advised me that I had an option to change it and I also thought "maybe". Once a doubt hit me, the doubt itself could become an excuse. So we came to a decision to change it. But I also think I was obsessed with the score which I recieved too much at that time.

Q: How did you feel about changing music in the middle of season?
D: The lack of practice made you feel insecure. We usually fix distortions of a program through a season, but I had to do it in a short period. I also thought there would be a possibility that I would change music just before the olympics, so I took a shot at it in this season, as Arakawa-san and Miki who were coached by Morozov changed the music.

Q: Which music will you choose from the pieces of music you used in the past, like Arakawa-san returned to Turandot?
D: The choreography should be changed but I will choose "The phantom of the opera" as music. That's the one I like very much. It's too good to use for SP. So for FP!

Q: Then as for SP, "In the garden of souls" was a masterpiece which had an intriguing interpretation of the world, wasn't it?
D: That's a genre I like most originally, something like middle east taste. I thought David Wilson would be good at it and asked him. Then he did a great job.

Q: Do you have any idea of next season's programs?
D: I don't want to think of it now. It's a really hard work to decide new programs every year. Who to ask to choreograph? What kind of music? At any rate I have to think a lot. It would be nice that a certain genre is chosen for SP like OD. (* he said "original dance") Then the differences of expression between skaters will appear more clearly. And you can choose anything freely for FP. How about this rule? I propose it!

Q: Sure, it will be a hard work to decide as you change choreographers every year.
D: At the beginning of this season, I already had only four choices as only two seasons were left for me. But now only two. I feel like it's too difficult to choose by myself.

Q: It's your last season as a competitive skater.
D: Yes. I'm thinking over and over. Because it's my last season. I'd like to choose memorable music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Thank you so much, Miyu!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts: 510
Registration date: 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Thank you, let's talk, for the great news for our man. I'm glad he had this recognition. cheers

Thank you, fosse, for finding the interview. Very Happy
And thank you, Miyu, for the translation. Such a quick and great job!
It's really a nice interview!

So, when he mentioned, "who to ask to choreograph" is challenging, does that apply for this next and his last season, not just in general????? If it means he is officially saying he would pick whoever and not necessarily NM .... then I'm really happy. Smile

Thank you, ostile, for your thoughts (tough to see such a development right in front of your eyes. Sad )
and for the info of his new hair. Very Happy

I like his haircut too.

FYI, Nagasawa san, the hair stylist said that though he could sense Dai-chan was tired of the current style and dying to change it, Dai has to be a grown-up Laughing and put up with an "ordinary" hair cut for now for he will have another competition coming soon. So Mr Nagasawa announced that for the next time we'd expect a new style. affraid

Fingers crossed... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

News & Topics 2012/13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 51Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 51  Next