News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Shyla wrote:
Why no invitation to the Gala for Max Aaron or Ricky Dornbush. I understand why Dai was invited and I like Misha Ge and Balde but they both placed lower than Max and Ricky.

I agree with you Shyla. Crying or Very sad

... I also like Misha very much, he's almost like...Osaka local man himself (I avoid to explain it to save my neck.) and though my stream didn't work at the time around his performance I understand Balde was impressive judged by the reaction after. But Richard and Max made great impressions with such power and Nan Son showed great SP too. They all finished above those two invited. I wonder what reasons can ISU give (or was it by some other like JSF?)???

BTW Shyla, how's the weather around your area? I hope things are not too inconvenienced. I'm hoping that it was good that it happened on the weekend.

Thank you everyone for all the info, transcripts and translations and links.
I'm slowly digesting all of them (and crying in the dark corner again).

But!

I'm impressed with the reaction of morozombie!!!! lol!

Last edited by Twind on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 pm

miyu wrote:
BTW, don't you think his skating in last night's Pagliacci was beautiful? Very smooth with deep edge works and good speed!! sunny

I think the new shoes fit him well this time, if it's only a week after he broke into them.

Ganbare Dai-chan! sunny

Yes!

When I watched it at the first time live I was too upset to see anything but his falls. But even then, it was different from the devastation I felt at the Cup of China. The performance was probably weak compared to what he really could do but not like broken and put together with scotch tape like in the COP. And now as you pointed out, it's probably partly because of his beautiful skating. (Though I'm not a good judge of that SS issue.)

Also I was happy because my personal favorite parts, the layback spin and from that 3 loop with impressive exit step through the dramatic 3S toward climax (before the lutz Sad ) was pretty intact and the skating around these parts .... drunken I could still keep repeating his FS even with those terrible falls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:14 pm

I noticed Dai-chan was already sweating before starting to skate. Could have he be running a fever? Of course this is just speculation on my part.

ilica wrote:
I hope, that finally they've realized what damage they were doing! Give them a break!

I'm afrarid it's a bit too late now. They had their top men fighting each other till they had no strength left to fight the rest of the world, just at the eve of the most important competition, which will determine Olympic spots.
They could be easily find themselves empty-handed in the end, and what a spectacular waste that would be!

Twind wrote:
I wonder how hard Daisuke was taking this...

Most likely he will be up on his feet and ready to fight back, as usual. But there is also the unlikely chance that he might starting to get depressed and frustrated without enough motivation to get up and start again! Those quads in other skaters' programs are growing by the hour, almost!
How much longer can we expect this amazing man to go on, unhurt in spirit?

I'm not really happy he will perform at the gala. I'm not so sure that will be good for him. But of course the JSF would never allow him to sit that out!

I hope he can find the time and will to stop a while to refresh his mind! He has tough and demanding times ahead of him!

Love you, Dai-chan, no matter what! You have given all of yourself to this sport, without ever holding back. You are a true hero!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Osan
1A
1A

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

I agree with you, Ostile 17!!! You're quite right! I'm afraid so!
Daisuke worked hard for a new SP and now he's so tired!! How much sadness to see him at K&C!!!
But I think Japanese male skaters are exhausted because of the great competiton "at home". Why always Takahashi against Hanyu??? Who benefits???
Please, have a rest, Daisuke and don't worry, our hearts are with you! Always!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2084
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

[quote="Twind"]
Shyla wrote:
Why no invitation to the Gala for Max Aaron or Ricky Dornbush. I understand why Dai was invited and I like Misha Ge and Balde but they both placed lower than Max and Ricky.

I agree with you Shyla. Crying or Very sad

... I also like Misha very much, he's almost like...Osaka local man himself (I avoid to explain it to save my neck.) and though my stream didn't work at the time around his performance I understand Balde was impressive judged by the reaction after. But Richard and Max made great impressions with such power and Nan Son showed great SP too. They all finished above those two invited. I wonder what reasons can ISU give (or was it by some other like JSF?)???

BTW Shyla, how's the weather around your area? I hope things are not too inconvenienced. I'm hoping that it was good that it happened on the weekend.

Thank you everyone for all the info, transcripts and translations and links.
I'm slowly digesting all of them (and crying in the dark corner again).

But!

I'm impressed with the reaction of morozombie!!!! lol!

Hello Twind and thank you for asking about the weather. We had 28 inches of snow. Pretty much everything was shut down Friday and Saturday. No transit at all, including air travel. We had a 24 hour ban on driving which was lifted last evening. This gave the plow trucks a chance to plow the highways and such. But for us who live in smaller towns and not in the heart of the City we are pretty much buried because we are not priority. Everyone was out yesterday and are out today shoveling the snow away from our homes and cars. Hopefully by tomorrow we can get our lives back to normal. We were lucky we did not lose power but others (400,000) who live closer to the coast did lose power and experienced flooding from the high tides. My sister has lost her power as she lives in that area. They have quite a few shelters set up around the state for folks to go to who have experienced flooding and have no power. So in all I am lucky and other than inconvenience we are alright but others are not so good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Here is Meryl Davis and Charlie White's Amazing winning Gold Medal FD.
I wonder if Dai was watching in the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1C9bwXBlM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:17 am

Does anyone know what time the Gala is for Eastern Time in the US???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 am

1:00 AM! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:29 am

Thank you SO much ostille and thank you for posting that lovely montage of Dai!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am

Thank you ostile17 for the montage, and Shyla for Meryl&Charlie! Beautiful montage and truly amazing performance from Meryl&Charlie!
And what about Japanese girls sweeping the podium?! cheers All of them have such interesting programs to me, SP's and LP's, I don't know which program I like the most.
(Seeing Pasquale with Akiko made me so nostalgic Neutral )

miyu wrote:
BTW, don't you think his skating in last night's Pagliacci was beautiful? Very smooth with deep edge works and good speed!! sunny
I thought there is something wrong with me because I keep watching it... (Of course I always close eyes before the second 3A.) He was really good and beautiful in everything besides the jumps. sunny And IMO he was a little under-scored in the non-jump elements. It was like the judges seeing his jumps kept they fingers on the lowest GOEs and had problems to rise them when he really deserved. Not that it would have changed anything, just my feelings.

I'm waiting for the Gala. Hoping for The Stroll from Dai! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Shyla! Me too!
He is in the Tango costume, so Tango it is. That's OK, maybe it's more fitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:56 am

Darn this feed keeps freezing. Maybe it will get better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Dai was fabulous as usual. So good to see him smile at the end of his performance. I am glad he skated in the first half, time for be to go to bed. I will catch the rest on youtube Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi guys!
It seems obviously he has a shoes problem.. He stumbled/slipped a couple of times during the stsq. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi, guys~
I cannot watch gala this time so i decide to read your posting here.
Just please let me know Daisuke's.

Anyway, I checked Euros&4CC2013 mens all available videos during weekend.
We would be sense judges direction for next 4years at pre olympic season's championships.

Wow, new power jumpers era already come.

It would be no surprise if on Olympic podiums are a Canadian(not Patrick), a American(Aaron) and a Spaniard and watch out, Han Yan.

Maybe world top 2 guys are in very stressful situation before Worlds.
Are they able to stop this tide at Worlds?

Last edited by fosse on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:43 pm

ilica wrote:
I thought there is something wrong with me because I keep watching it... (Of course I always close eyes before the second 3A.) He was really good and beautiful in everything besides the jumps. sunny
Yes! Don't you think his posture has improved after starting taking regular ballet lessons, as well? Even though it was beautiful from the start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi miyu! Hi fosse!
miyu wrote:
It seems obviously he has a shoes problem.. He stumbled/slipped a couple of times during the stsq. Neutral
Yeah, that was strange... Neutral

His little smile at the end was so... I have no words...
Dai, my heart I love you I love you I love you

miyu wrote:
Don't you think his posture has improved after starting taking regular ballet lessons, as well? Even though it was beautiful from the start.
Definitely!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi fosse, I think I wrote here before (probably in Canadian Championship thread), those 3-quads-in-a-program guys are really scary. A quad has more than 10p which almost equals Dai-chan's advantage in PCS. (Now it seems the advantage becomes smaller as Javi's PCS has improved a lot. Maybe Kevin's after the victory in 4CC.) It means Dai-chan with 2 quads can't do any mistakes if they are clean. If Dai-chan leads them, say 5 points in SP, they can easily take him over with a clean skate in FP.

I wonder if my heart can stand to watch such a nerve wrecking battle in London (and Sochi.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm

ilica wrote:
His little smile at the end was so... I have no words...
The announcer said "We all hope the king Takahashi's strong comeback. Good luck for WC." and he answered by raising his arm.

Really nice word for him. Yes, we all hope so. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Fosse, the last line of this Morozombi's post http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2013/02/2013-four-continents-recap.html#comment-form
Laughing
miyu wrote:
The announcer said "We all hope the king Takahashi's strong comeback. Good luck for WC." and he answered by raising his arm.

Really nice word for him. Yes, we all hope so. cheers
cheers Yes, The King will be back! cheers
We cannot worry too much.

I have to go to bed.
It was great to see Dai again! cheers I love you flower

Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank You Miyu for these translations sunny
I have sent a little message to you (it's about Helen Keller).

And Yes, it's a real pleasure to have opportunity to see Daisuke again!! flower

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Couldn't make it in time to watch! I hope a video will come up soon.

These skates problems are really frustrating. How is it possible to waste a whole season for skates problems? This can shake his confidence a lot, and with the 3 quads jumpers breathing down his neck, I'm not so sure he has enough time to come back strong!

Men figure skating was great up until few months ago. Now, I'm not so sure anymore: it seems to me it's only a race for the most quads, and it pains me to realize I'mreally getting bored with them!

I also felt very nostalgic when I saw Akiko's K&C, those were good, happy times. Her programs are beautiful, ans she moves me to tears every time! Ah... to think that's what we could have had!!

I hope Dai feels better, and I hope he has managed understand what has happened. I wonder if he's ever doubting his choice to go back to Morozov...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)   

Back to top Go down

Four CC'S Championship 2013-Osaka/Japan (Dai's Home Town)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next