News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you very much for the translation, Genki! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2084
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks Genki for the translation and ilica for the video clips.!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you very much for the translation Genki ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

OMG, the Gold medal in a ziploc bag!! affraid Laughing Laughing

And it was so funny to see Morozov was casting a spell jumping up and down but... honestly how could anyone just record such thing while Daisuke skating that gorgeous FS? confused

Thank you, letís talk, ostile17, Shyla, hsuhs, miyu,ilica and Genki queen for all these links, for the hard work finding these and translation and thoughts, etc. flower

My Christmas gift sending is ruined, dramatically late (My in-laws live 1 continent + 1.5 oceans away) due to this outcome of the GPF and I'm so happy about it! What a Face

Just can't stop watching his performances and other moments over and over. drunken

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 am

Twind wrote:

When I first saw the video clip I thought that Dai had put the medal in the ziplog bag himself to make
it easier to carry on to the plane. I had no idea there was no case for the medal
until the translation. Usually you get a case. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 am

Thank you for the translation, Genki! Very Happy

Twind wrote:
lol!

Here is an article from GS with some quotes from the skaters: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/12/takahashi-scores-victory-at-grand-prix-final/
Just reading what they said, I know which is the man I love.

(I keep telling myself, not a word about Chan, but come on... The funniest thing is that the person who is known for playing smartly with the system, for milking every possible point (and praising himself for always skating smartly), and sometimes for winning because of the questionable rules, suddenly complains ďIt is so complicated. What has happened to just having fun?Ē And ďWell, technically I have not done four (combos)", but Patrick, technically you've done two 4Ts, the second one without a combo, do you really prefer to have 0 points for your second 4T?)

The Medal Ceremony from the fan camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4BNvh4U7aY
Thank you annafedorovna for always keeping your camera eye on our Daisuke! cheers

OK, back to watching my Dai-Heathcliff (I can't help it, it's Wuthering Heights for me right now Embarassed ) I will miss the colorful Pagliacci a little, but this... Gipsy King is just... drunken
We've always known, Dai can twist any program in his own way...

Thank you miyu for the CBC version, I like their commentary here. Smile

Last edited by ilica on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 am

Genki, thank you for the translation sunny

ilica, thank you for the photos cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am

Your welcome guys.

Next, Japanese nationals, guys bounce

Go Dai------ cheers cheers
Ganbare, ganbare---- cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you for all of the infomation, link etc.!! Very Happy

Are you guys still addicted to Dai-chan's Pagliacci? pirat I wonder if those videos from the arena have been already posted somewhere.

Daisuke Takahashi 2012 GPF SP
https://youtu.be/PLkfzV_R65g

Daisuke Takahashi 2012 GPF FS
https://youtu.be/n3jyS3POI9Y
You will be amazed by his speed, especialln in the second half! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank you ilica and miyu.

I love the fan videos especially the medal ceremony. We can see Dai up close. It was so cute that Dai and Hanyu were singing the words to their National Anthem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Thank you, ilica and miyu for the link.

They are really super good videos from the audience. Very Happy

Love to see his SP and FS this way to check how he used the entire rink and that speed!

Its gerat to see Daisuke and others on the rinkside, before the medal ceremony starts.

sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 am

Thank you miyu for the links!
Someone has written about Pagliacci, that Dai's footwork and spins seem to unroll like ribbon from somewhere inside the music. Seeing it from a fan camera, it really looks like a ribbon waving and looping to the music.

miyu wrote:
Are you guys still addicted to Dai-chan's Pagliacci? pirat

Even Morozombie has melted a little! Basketball : http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sad-clown.html#more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

A fan montage of backstage vids at GPF:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxua0V_SnrU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 pm

ilica wrote:
Even Morozombie has melted a little! Basketball : http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sad-clown.html#more

Thank you for the link, ilica cheers
I used to read that blog in the past.

Many wise words in the blog entry and the comments, IMO. I like the title of the post too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Your welcome hsuhs. I was thinking about you, reading it. Wink And I love the title too. And the picture. I love you

Thanks, let`s talk for the video! Dai is so cute! rendeer

Last edited by ilica on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:54 pm

ostile17 wrote:
New video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ThlXOzyQqw&feature=player_embedded#!

Thank you, ostile17!! Laughing

I couldn't resist... I tried to translate that. ↓

https://youtu.be/ej2dlNMv9WY

The secret of his mystery gyoza remark a few years back ("Nice gyoza tastes good and not nice gyoza also tastes good." confused )
is partly uncovered. Cool

let`s talk wrote:
A fan montage of backstage vids at GPF:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxua0V_SnrU

Thank you let's talk~!
That kiss at the end!!! I love you I love you drunken

And I also liked the entry of morozombie. I love and am very positive about his Pagliacci and support what he wants to do this season and yet I still agree with what she says in many ways. I'm happy to see her melted a little. albino
Thank you, ilica!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Let's talk and ostille great videos thanks for sharing. Twind thanks to you
for that great translation. Maybe Dai will become a chef after he retires lol
because he certainly loves his food.

Yes Twind morozombie did make some good points about Pagliacci
in her entry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skato
1A
1A

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 am

Hello Very Happy

Popkonkon on Youtube has shared a former video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ApMotjewY where we can see Dai after Vancouver Olympic : in the interview at 3.04 he talks about injury but I can't understand Embarassed I think he said "triple axel" but I'm not sure.
Merci !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Thank you Twind for the translation! Smile

Cute picture from the gala practice:
http://dolceflute.gallery.ru/watch?ph=PG2-eoxe7&subpanel=zoom&zoom=8

And more here:
http://dolceflute.gallery.ru/watch?a=PG2-jrrH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

ostile17 wrote:
Thank you Twind for the translation! Smile

Yes! cheers

ostile17 wrote:
Cute picture from the gala practice:
http://dolceflute.gallery.ru/watch?ph=PG2-eoxe7&subpanel=zoom&zoom=8

And more here:
http://dolceflute.gallery.ru/watch?a=PG2-jrrH

Thank you for the link, ostile, and thank you Anastasiya the photographer! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Another (new?) video with a bit of Leoncavallo's opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTvY5Q_UxI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hi:
Wow lot of links here.
So, Skato, what he said around 3:04 is
" My ideal program should be solid technical as well as artistically. In addition, I really want to have a program that people would say " I do not understand why, but I can't stop watching it. or I can not take my eye off from him. "

Well, I guess all of his programs are already like that, but he does not realize it yet?

Osteile17, that video is part of a variety show about figure skating futuring comedies ( Miss Hizumi on the top left secret,) and Mao's sister Mai and TV announcers. Daisuke is greeting Miss Hizumi, who is trying to learn figure skating on this program.
He said something really crazy like" Hi Miss Hizumi, This is Daisuke takahashi. I often turn off TV when you are on it." Or " Hi This is Daisuke Takahashi again. How is your practice? I expect that you will skate a nice program. I also expect to see your enigmatic facial expression."

They also said that Mao and Dai developed the same feeling after GPF in Sochi.
They both expressed strong desire to come back to Sochi for the Olympic.

That's it.

I really can not wait for Nationals. Sooooo, excited, cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks for photo and video link ostile17. Cute picture!!! Very Happy
And thank you Genki for the explanation and translation. I love you

I put my translation of Daisuke's interview on Sankei Express here.
Is it too long as one entry?

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/121218/oth12121814190004-n2.htm

[Area Between Cool and Burning]

Iím simply happy about ďJapanís First in MenísĒ, but itís all in the past already.

I could win in the GP Final (Dec 6-8 in Sochi) and it was unexpected for I came into the competition ranked 5th of six skaters and I didnít put much hope on myself. I never could win in any of my six other attempts before and I never could get the title of Junior GPF either, so I thought GP Final is not for me after all. Usually I donít feel so conscious about such record but to think back Iím simply happy that I made a history of ďJapanís First in MenísĒ, and I was also glad that I didnít quit. But now itís all in the past already. I shift my gears for the next so that I donít get carried away.

**Itís not an equation

This time I didnít even know if I can go to the Final, therefore, rather than trying to win, I focused more on how much I can do, how I can ďdo my own performanceĒ and observing ďwhere I stand compared to the other skatersĒ. That, as a result, happened to bring this winning but that was only possible because of the experiences in Cup of China and NHK Trophy, and itís not anything like an equation to apply in the future.

After the CoC, I changed my boots right away and pressed myself hard in ballet lessons. When Iím not doing well itís hard not to get overly conscious of my legs or feet but ballet corrected that to shape the image of my upper body and steer me away from fussing over my feet/legs and then my condition improved. Right before the competition Coach Nikolai Morozov barked at me ďenchant more!Ē to put me through hard practices so I had much more tension in the practice than the competition. (LOL)

** Mental and breathing

Perhaps for that I was calm to perform the Short Program and though I had a few minor mistakes I could land my quad successfully for the first time in the SP in this season. But that put me on the first place for the first time in a while with narrow margin in points to go into the Free Skating and that unexpected result got me nervous all of sudden. My mental going into the Free Skating was like, I told myself that I need to go through such an experience, to get tested. I was feeling very tense and had my breathing not deep enough, so I had a hunch that I wouldnít have as much stamina as usual to complete the program. The first quad ended up with a fall though I thought I could do it at the moment when I jumped up. That upset me hugely and I thought ďitís over alreadyĒ for Iím normally uncertain with my 2nd quad. My defiant 2nd quad landed well so I added a triple (judged underrotated) that is because I was afraid that my stamina wouldnít last toward the end to do the combination jumps so I decided to do it early on. It was a half miracle. Then my tension was peaked and couldnít make it clean at the next triple Axel that Iím having problems lately. I couldnít move well in the following step sequence and failed the 2nd triple Axel. In the last half I was so tired and my legs were shaking. I was stirred till the end... Itís totally terrible performance and to me itís not the content to match up to the victory.

Having two quads back to back in a program in a competition is a different thing from having good success rate in quads in the practice or in single attempts. It is true that falling in one exhausts yourself but to me, the more difficult part is to calm down the elevated feeling after the first one and steady my breathing to get ready for another by the time I get to do the 2nd. That controlling my mental and my breathing is very hard. So itís a great harvest to have this success experience of the second quad. To make this success not just one by dumb luck, I have to bring up the level of all aspects, not just improving my success rate in quad jumps.

** Avoid feeling pressed, but face it squarely

We had this in the same venue for the Olympic games but I didnít particularly associate this competition with the Olympics. Itís good to know the atmosphere of the rink though. Just like the rink in Vancouver that I liked, the ceiling is cupped snugly and I can concentrate easily. I like the color scheme based in blue too. I imagine this rink would be great in excitement with a lot of audience at the Olympics. I wonder if I can come back or notÖ(LOL)

The skaters around me grow so fast that it is tough to even go to the World Championship now. I want to keep my steady pace and avoid feeling pressed but sometimes, you need to face things squarely and force yourself. It can be a chance for me to grow so I think it is good to have more of strong competitors. (Based on the interview, composed by Naoko Kashiwagi)

Go Daisuke!!!

I was happy with Dai's words, then I learned this...
Oh no, Takahashi/Tran decided to separate as a pair.
I'm so shocked. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by Twind on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   

Back to top Go down

2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next