News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ilica
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am

ostile17 wrote:
Pagliacci
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1f9Q02oTLU
Thanks ostile17, but what the cameraman is doing?! Is he dancing with Dai? It's kind of fascinating how the zoom is used with the music, but I almost got sick watching this!

Here is British Eurosport version of The Stroll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0TIwx6Dcw4&feature=plcp

And Tatsuki being introduced as Daisuke Laughing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-STbJWsHzi0&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 am

Short article with photo of Dai and Song at the banquet dinner. Dai's coach won an ipad prize and they gave it to Song. Dai is such a sweetheart. I am glad Song was able to attend the dinner.

http://www.weibo.com/1581996881/z3GkW5wrX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 am

Thanks Shyla! Dai's tie is undone, so he probably had a good time.Laughing So happy to see Nan Song at the banquet too! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 am

Shyla, what a heart-warming story I love you Thank you for sharing.

Glad to learn Nan Song is doing better sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/11/machida-upsets-takahashi-at-2012-cup-of-china/
In the article of Golden Skate, Dai-chan said
“That was really bad for me,” the 26-year-old shared. “I need to practice more. There is not so much time left before NHK Trophy.”
“I had a lot of problems here and I was nervous because I didn’t practice so well,” said the Japanese champion. “I lost confidence. I wasn’t my usual self in practice. Hopefully I can do better next time.”

"I had a lot of problems here" Usually he doesn't say this kind of thing. Poor Dai-chan. Sad

I also found he said to Utako-sensei in K&C "no feeling of power to hold on". (I can't translate it well, please help me, Genki and Twind! He said "踏ん張ってる感覚がない", I think.)

So something was clearly wrong with him. As he said, probably it's not only one. I strongly hope he will be able to sort out everything until NHK and bring back his confidence. You can do it, Dai-chan!! cheers

hsushs wrote:
because every quad in that piece is two-footed and underrotated. I kind of didn't get the point of spreading that info worldwide. I now think they showed Daisuke's best quad attempts.
As you know, he always fails to land quads on the first day after he arrives.
See, he landed a nice 4T during warm-up. But the TV didn't broadcast it! Evil or Very Mad Also, Yamato Tamura said that Dai-chan landed the most beatiful 4T ever of him during the morning practice in his commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLpjH7JtsHs

sanseki wrote:
miyu wrote:
And Morozov changed the choreography of this program, as well.

This is a terrible news. Didn't Daisuke say that this time it will be different with Morozov? That he will not do everything that Morozov say to him. I really hope he do not do this, but if his SP and LP are changed to Morozov's style, that's a bad sign.
I'm sorry, saneski. I was so upset when I wrote it. I watched it again yesterday and I found it wasn't different so much from JO's choreo. They changed basically only the order of jumps in the second half. I think it's OK. Very Happy
Guys, his skate wasn't so bad actually. He tried to give his best at that moment. Don't be afraid to watch it. Wink

ilica wrote:
Thanks ostile17, but what the cameraman is doing?! Is he dancing with Dai? It's kind of fascinating how the zoom is used with the music, but I almost got sick watching this!
LOL. But you have to watch it and then you will see his effort. He didn't gave it up. Very Happy
He didn't (couldn't?) smile like JO during Stsq. It seems to me that he even missed footwork at the end of the stsq and tried to catch up the music. It's not totally his usual self.... Neutral He was also slow from the start compared to his usual skating and he lost even more speed toward the end. I think these things tell us how bad his condition was.

Shyla wrote:
Short article with photo of Dai and Song at the banquet dinner. Dai's coach won an ipad prize and they gave it to Song. Dai is such a sweetheart. I am glad Song was able to attend the dinner.
Sweet story! Thank you, Shyla. Glad to know Song could attend the Banquet. (Did you notice the collision happened just in front of Dai-chan? )

Gambare Dai-chan!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am

miyu wrote:
http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/11/machida-upsets-takahashi-at-2012-cup-of-china/

I also found he said to Utako-sensei in K&C "no feeling of power to hold on". (I can't translate it well, please help me, Genki and Twind! He said "踏ん張ってる感覚がない", I think.)

Wow, Miyu, it is really difficult to translate, but what about " I did not feel that my legs held onto the ice firmly."

I have a good news for you. My friend ,who went to Shanghai ,heard from the fan who had a chance to talk to Utako-sensei., that the reason why Dai could not land quads was boots. According to Utako-sensi, Dai has been landing 4-3 combinations very very easily, until his boots broke and changed into new pairs.

So everyone, it's a boots, not Dai's health or condition. I was really rerieaved to hear that,

Dai hates to give excuses, remember the collision with Kozu?
So I guess he did not want to revealed the real issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

Genki wrote:
have a good news for you. My friend ,who went to Shanghai ,heard from the fan who had a chance to talk to Utako-sensei., that the reason why Dai could not land quads was boots. According to Utako-sensi, Dai has been landing 4-3 combinations very very easily, until his boots broke and changed into new pairs.
Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for letting us know this, Genki!! cheers cheers
And thank you too for helping me for the translation. Wink

What a great thing to have friends here!!! I'm so happy. flower flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

miyu wrote:
As you know, he always fails to land quads on the first day after he arrives.
See, he landed a nice 4T during warm-up. But the TV didn't broadcast it! Evil or Very Mad Also, Yamato Tamura said that Dai-chan landed the most beatiful 4T ever of him during the morning practice in his commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLpjH7JtsHs
miyu, I don't know for sure, but I assumed the footage was filmed at Daisuke's home rink, not in China, prior to leaving for CoC.

And yes, that 4T does look very nice and impressive!

Genki wrote:
According to Utako-sensi, Dai has been landing 4-3 combinations very very easily, until his boots broke and changed into new pairs.

That is indeed great news, Genki. I'm looking forward to seeing those in upcoming NHK Trophy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am

hsuhs wrote:
miyu, I don't know for sure, but I assumed the footage was filmed at Daisuke's home rink, not in China, prior to leaving for CoC.
No, it's a video filmed in CoC, hsuhs. You can see he is wearing the costume and sponsors' banners around the rink if you look it closer. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 pm

miyu wrote:
Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for letting us know this, Genki!! cheers cheers

What a great thing to have friends here!!! I'm so happy. flower flower
I second that! flower

Dai's FS with Kurt and Tracy comments and no crazy cameraman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvFMjQkDTUk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

miyu wrote:
No, it's a video filmed in CoC, hsuhs. You can see he is wearing the costume and sponsors' banners around the rink if you look it closer. Wink

No no, not the one with the impressive quad.
This footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsu5L5uD-1A&feature=youtu.be&t=4m56s

Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm

hsuhs wrote:
No no, not the one with the impressive quad.
This footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsu5L5uD-1A&feature=youtu.be&t=4m56s
I see. Well I don't know why but I guess, basically Japanese people like to see a man trying really hard to achieve something without fear to failure.

And , nowadays TVs introduce Dai-chan as a never-give-up-quad-seeker who lost his quad once due to the injury. They probably think those scenes you pointed are impressive.
And also it seems TVs want to present quad jumps as a super difficult element to people. They always shout like "Will he land the quad tonight!!!!" in Japanese commentary. The fact that even Daisuke Takahashi need to practice that hard to land quads is useful for them, I think. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Genki wrote:
miyu wrote:

Wow, Miyu, it is really difficult to translate, but what about " I did not feel that my legs held onto the ice firmly."

I have a good news for you. My friend ,who went to Shanghai ,heard from the fan who had a chance to talk to Utako-sensei., that the reason why Dai could not land quads was boots. According to Utako-sensi, Dai has been landing 4-3 combinations very very easily, until his boots broke and changed into new pairs.

So everyone, it's a boots, not Dai's health or condition. I was really rerieaved to hear that,

Dai hates to give excuses, remember the collision with Kozu?
So I guess he did not want to revealed the real issues.

So what Voronov said in his interview was true about Daisuke changing his boots before the competition! And what Dai said to Utako-sensei in the K&C makes sense. You could tell that he didn't feel safe on his feet, and that reflected on his posture and his back position too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks to everyone for the information and the videos. To be truthful I have not watched Dai's FS yet but probably will after I have my morning coffee.

Dai did get four level 4's for his footwork and spins and that is a good thing. Also on a positive note it is good that Dai changed his boots at his time before Japan Nationals, because in my mind that is the important competition as it determines the World Team.

I am trying to find more Banquet photos but no luck yet. Off to work now Bye everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm

miyu wrote:

Guys, his skate wasn't so bad actually. He tried to give his best at that moment. Don't be afraid to watch it. Wink

ilica wrote:
Quote :
LOL. But you have to watch it and then you will see his effort. He didn't gave it up. Very Happy
He didn't (couldn't?) smile like JO during Stsq. It seems to me that he even missed footwork at the end of the stsq and tried to catch up the music. It's not totally his usual self.... Neutral He was also slow from the start compared to his usual skating and he lost even more speed toward the end. I think these things tell us how bad his condition was.

I second that. You should watch it, or watch it again. It was heartbreakingly tragic, and it fit so well with Pagliacci. You can see him struggling to give his best until the end. Not the Daisuke we're used to see, but after the initial shock, Dai's "real life tragedy" works well for this tragic program! Take a deep breath and watch it, I think you will enjoy it in a new way! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I actually think that the absence of Morozov could somehow affect Dai's confidence. But if the issue is boots, so then it is. Good that he changed boots now, earlier the season and not later. Btw, I didn't like the new costume for SP at all. It makes him look shorter. Also, that jacket looks too ordinary, like one of many musicians in jazz orchestra. But here Dai is not one of many, he is Elvis, so he should look like a king!

Shyla, I couldn't find Banquet photos eaither, except these:
http://i069.radikal.ru/1211/4d/1d50025a0207.jpg
http://s019.radikal.ru/i644/1211/64/2290e6e309cf.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 pm

miyu wrote:
I guess, basically Japanese people like to see a man trying really hard to achieve something without fear to failure.

And, nowadays TVs introduce Dai-chan as a never-give-up-quad-seeker who lost his quad once due to the injury. They probably think those scenes you pointed are impressive.
And also it seems TVs want to present quad jumps as a super difficult element to people. They always shout like "Will he land the quad tonight!!!!" in Japanese commentary. The fact that even Daisuke Takahashi need to practice that hard to land quads is useful for them, I think. Rolling Eyes

I think you're absolutely right, miyu - that is an inspirational and important story angle, and I got that part from watching the entire video. I just wish the practice footage ended on a somewhat more optimistic and a positive note: i.e. with a couple successful quad attempts. As a fan, I'd have really appreciated that.

Shyla wrote:
Japan Nationals, because in my mind that is the important competition as it determines the World Team.

I'm not sure Shyla, but I thought Team Japan selection criteria included international results as well? I vaguely recall that one year when Miki Ando finished off the podium at Nationals yet made the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Shyla wrote:
]Japan Nationals, because in my mind that is the important competition as it determines the World Team.
I'm not sure Shyla, but I thought Team Japan selection criteria included international results as well? I vaguely recall that one year when Miki Ando finished off the podium at Nationals yet made the team. [/quote]

You are right hsuhs. Japan uses other criteria. The US uses it National results for the World Team. That said I still think it is important for Dai to do well at Japan Nationals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 pm

miyu wrote:
Hilarious!! lol!
https://youtu.be/1Wz8XSwZA8M

OMG that is so cute. Dai can dance to any type of music. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

miyu wrote:
Hilarious!! lol!

https://youtu.be/1Wz8XSwZA8M
lol! The ending, we all needed! lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanseki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 am

Genki wrote:
According to Utako-sensi, Dai has been landing 4-3 combinations very very easily, until his boots broke and changed into new pairs.
So everyone, it's a boots, not Dai's health or condition.
Thank you, Genki! That's great news. I hope that's the reason of his unsuccessful performance.

miyu wrote:
I watched it again yesterday and I found it wasn't different so much from JO's choreo. They changed basically only the order of jumps in the second half. I think it's OK. Very Happy
Thanks for telling this, miyu! I'm relieved to hear that.

miyu wrote:
Hilarious!! lol! https://youtu.be/1Wz8XSwZA8M
lol! Thank you so much for the link, miyu! Daisuke is so cute!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 am

MIyu:

Thanks a lot for the link. It is so much fun.

BTW, does anybody see this?
Just too sexy Embarassed Embarassed

https://youtu.be/NqcwVX89SEQ

I thought I like his skating so much, but now, I do not know anymore.
Who else can be handsome enough to give you goose bumps by just looking at his face? bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilica
3A
3A

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 am

More of the Gangnam Style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjwoiiGK9c

ostile17 wrote:
You should watch it, or watch it again. It was heartbreakingly tragic, and it fit so well with Pagliacci. You can see him struggling to give his best until the end. Not the Daisuke we're used to see, but after the initial shock, Dai's "real life tragedy" works well for this tragic program! Take a deep breath and watch it, I think you will enjoy it in a new way! Smile
I have watched it... and it really feels like kind of documentary "Struggles of Daisuke", music by Leoncavallo. The real life Pagliaccio, he even tries to smile after the fall... But I still have this sickening feeling watching it, I don't know if because of the camera work or it just hurts me to see his pale face like this...

Genki wrote:

Just too sexy Embarassed Embarassed

https://youtu.be/NqcwVX89SEQ

I thought I like his skating so much, but now, I do not know anymore.
Who else can be handsome enough to give you goose bumps by just looking at his face? bounce
I thought there is something wrong with me... the way he makes me feel... Embarassed
... Can you imagine how I felt when during gala my live stream froze exactly at this frame... Embarassed I love you Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012    

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2012 - Shanghai, 2-4 November 2012
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next