News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

News & Topics 2012/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:15 am

Quote :
My biggest fear it's going to be something from Michelle Kwan's skating repertoire. Or yet another tango. Or Carmen affraid pale Laughing

I completely agree.(except for tango part, I still like it, Hushs Laughing ) Please do not use overused music, please Lori.

When I think about Lori, I can only think about Kwan's program or Mao's. Was she successful choreographing men before? I am little concerned that Lori will use whatever we can see as"lori's move" only and no innovation.

One more thing that I thought is that is this the strategy of Japanese Federation to get cozy with Canada? They must be the one who sent Hanyu to Orser, aren't they?

All fans are aware that Canadian federation exercise enormous power on judging. ( You know who I am talking about) So I suspect that there is something going on behind the scene to influence next year's judging to Japanese advantage.

Maybe I am reading too much. But Dai, what about Tom Dicson? You have never tried him before Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 am

Genki wrote:
Was she successful choreographing men before?

Depends on how you define success Cool Laughing
Evan Lysacek's 2010 Olympic programs Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 am

Quote :
what about Tom Dicson? You have never tried him before

Interestingly, it seems that Daisuke has been never interested with Dickson's works.
That's really sorry.
Dickson is very talented choreographer.

I always think if Dickson were had a chance to work with Daisuke, he would be become real big name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 7:37 am

Oh, that's pretty depressing news.
First, Camerlengo sounds like he's done with Dai and switched to Plushenko completely. (still I'm happy for him receiving the main award for choreography. Blues is masterpiece, shame on you, judges for your 7,75 scores for Ch.)
The most depressing thing - TWO PROGRAMS from Lori.
Why, oh why? Why not FS only even if Dai is so big fan of her?
Tom Dickson mentioned, Zueva and other russian choreographers...
It looks like Dai saying "oh, now, when Patrick left Lori, I better run to her and do REAL CoP programs!!! She will show me, what is that, that mystical transitions".
Good luck, anyway. This season will be tough, esp. Patrick is twice World champion and home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 8:26 am

Quote :
Evan Lysacek's 2010 Olympic programs Sleep

Exactly. Real success for me as well as for all Dai's fans on this board will be earth shuttering, spine shivering, mind boggling , hair raising, "oh, I do not believe what I just saw" kind of program, right? In that case, Evan's program is Sleep

[/quote]The most depressing thing - TWO PROGRAMS from Lori.
Quote :

Oh, my god affraid affraid affraid

It looks like Dai saying "oh, now, when Patrick left Lori, I better run to her and do REAL CoP programs!!! She will show me, what is that, that mystical tranonsitions". [quote]

NO-------- No No No No

Dai is an artist before anything. I do not believe that this is his choice. And as you know that mysterious transitions do not exist. It is just judging favoritism. Dai's program is as difficult as Chan's and most importantly transitions are done beautifully adding to the beauty of over all choreograph as opposed to somebody's transition who just shows of difficulty and quite meaningless to the quality of overall presentation.

Now I really started to think this is a bad stunt done by Japanese federation to get close to Skate Canada.

I am getting paranoid. But I have all right to be paranoid after seeing that judging at Nice.

Anyway, Dai has always surprised us getting over huge injury, getting back quads at 26 and making huge improvements in his basic skating and spins. So who knows. He may give us another knock out programs this year. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 am

Hi there

That's a big surprise, isn't it? It's almost shocking news!

However, I don't think Dai-chan had no opportunity to say no. He has gained a lot of self-confidence. If he didn't feel that it might work, he wouldn't have done it ...

I really wish for him that he is absolutely positive about this decision, that he will enjoy what he is doing in the future (even with this choreographer). And I could imagine, even if she chose a boring programme, Dai-chan skating the programme would make it splendid!!!

Dai-chan is a totally different character compared with Evan and Patrick ... I think he will be a challenge for Lori :-))))))))))

Dai-chan has already suprised us all, and not only once, and I think he will surprise us once again :-)) Go for it Dai-chan and make the most of it!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 10:54 am

Double posting

Last edited by Lil on Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 11:05 am

Genki wrote:

Exactly. Real success for me as well as for all Dai's fans on this board will be earth shuttering, spine shivering, mind boggling , hair raising, "oh, I do not believe what I just saw" kind of program, right? In that case, Evan's program is Sleep

And as you know that mysterious transitions do not exist. It is just judging favoritism. Dai's program is as difficult as Chan's and most importantly transitions are done beautifully adding to the beauty of over all choreograph as opposed to somebody's transition who just shows of difficulty and quite meaningless to the quality of overall presentation.

that's exactly what I think, Genki!

Genki wrote:

Anyway, Dai has always surprised us getting over huge injury, getting back quads at 26 and making huge improvements in his basic skating and spins. So who knows. He may give us another knock out programs this year. flower
You guys did decrease a little my panick.
Dai's mastery over music should help.
He knows better what to do and always did.
I think it was his decision only, not JSF. He seems to be independent from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enaufomay
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm very surprised too.
But as long as I remember Lori's comments at SA 2010, she seems to like Dai-chan so much. So personally I think it will work out OK. I can hear her voice screaming with a joy. She will develop his charms and give him great elements too to win the game. (Please Lori!!) Sorry for David Wilson, he too must have been waiting for Dai's request.

And today, FOI's tickets are all sold out in a couple of hours while I was out at work. I just can't believe this. Worst day of my life Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi all! Very Happy

In fact Dai-chan mentioned Lori's name as a choreographer who he wanted to work with in future, along with David Wilson in an interview a few years ago. So, though I'm not sure if he still thinks the same way, it could be a kind of "dream come true" situation. It was absolutely different from something like he is chasing after judge's preference. Wink

I think hsuhs is right. Now he is trying to do everything he wants to do before he ends his career as an eligible skater.................. Neutral This is a part of his quest or 道! Very Happy

However I'm not a fan of her choreography, I like some of hers like Mao's Clair du Lune and Liebestraum. (Sorry, I'm not a fan of Kwan.) I think Denis Ten's 11-12 programs were done by Lori. They were nice. I was also impressed Evan's El Tango de Roxane last year in FOI. It was really different from what I saw it the first time. Probably as someone said above, it depends on the skater's ability. (Evan improved his artistic aspect after participating in DWTS, I think.)

Enaufomay, thank you for reminding me of those Lori's commentaries. If you have an account of Niconico video, why not watching those! (Especially SP)

Lori's commentaries in SA 2010.
SP: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12827961
FP: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12773299

As for David Wilson, it seems he will work with Patrick. Pasquare already works with Plushenko, and now Dai-chan will work with Lori. Very intresting, isn't it?! Rolling Eyes

OK, what I want to ask him is only this, please take care of your health, Dai-chan! I love you He's too busy recently.. Neutral

And Enaufomay, you don't need to be disappointed so much. FOI tickets will be sold again in around July. Wink

Last edited by miyu on Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Osan
1A
1A

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Both programs with Lori? Why???
May be next Dai's SP-LP will be two masterpieces, I hope this, but at the moment I'm very, very sad!
Camerlengo is Plushenko's choreographer: I'm afraid this is a problem for Dai.
Nooo! The low score were not caused by transitions!
Sorry, I have to forget for a while skating to regain dispassionate and objective opinions!
Ciao! Osan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I can't believe this is off-season with so many things going on with Daisuke and ... now this.

Ohhh, Lori Nichol!? Suspect

It's a little hard to swallow though I know she loves Daisuke's performance. (Who wouldn't?) But I think it's his own decision.

Thanks miyu, for the links to CBC videos. Those are the ones flashed my mind and I didn't have to look all around! bounce

I was going to believe whoever he chose as his choreographer for the next FS will be his last, the Olympic season choreographer for FS automatically because he once said it would take two seasons to make the best out of the collaborative team.

But then he has her make both programs, I thought, maybe.. he is trying to fast-forward those two seasons into one and make the final decision for the last season still open. (Wishful thinking? Cool You know, so that he can do eeny, meeny, miny, moe... Very Happy Very Happy

After all Daisuke always has a strange habit to meet the most needed people at the most appropriate time. That's what I'm counting on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 3:58 pm

In any case, it will be interesting, cause extraordinary skater falls into the hands of Lori.

So, сome on, Lori, we are waiting for extraordinary programs. And please choose good music. It is my wish. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Sorry I couldn't find the thread for AOI

Please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, anyone!!!!!!!

Is it true that in Shanghai he did Piazzolla-modified EX as well as Roxanne??
Anybody there??

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I'm screaming, crying, dancing, groaning all at the same time here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Twind wrote:
Sorry I couldn't find the thread for AOI

Please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, anyone!!!!!!!

Is it true that in Shanghai he did Piazzolla-modified EX as well as Roxanne??
Anybody there??

He did Roxanne and another tango - but what I don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enaufomay
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Wow what is happening in Shanghai!! Hope he is not too tired this time!!

Thank you miyu, I'm so happy to hear I have another chance for FOI. This is my first time to miss the tickets lottery for Ice Shows (all the time for the competition tickets) prior to gereral tickets sales starting from today.

Also thanks for the links of niconico videos. Both Kurt and Lori's commentaries are very nice indeed.

Piazzolla-modified EX ?!?!
Can't wait for another video! bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm

I hope not but I think I got a wrong info. Sorry I was overreacted. (I still dream on to see his Piazzolla again, the complete version. Sad )

I found the second one is Tango played by Quint Elle. Sounds like something Kenji Miyamoto made as his 2nd EX.

I read earlier somewhere that when Dai went back to Okayama for a short time right before going to Shanghai, the source said he made his new program. That should mean he made another Ex with Kenji there. I'm sure it will be great. Very Happy

Last edited by Twind on Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Enaufomay wrote:

Wow what is happening in Shanghai!! Hope he is not too tired this time!!

Art on Ice - today and tomorrow Smile Dai-chan is in a good mood sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm

According to report
He performed 2 tango., one is Roxanne, the other is Primavera.

Yep, Primavera..
It is not Piazzolla-modified EX but totally different program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enaufomay
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you Twind. It must be exciting, too.

But poor Dai, he almost fell at the end of the show??. He was scolded by Miki saying "Are you a beginner??" He seems to have enjoyed the show very much though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Finally (hope)

Piazzolla tango

"people who have seen it today are saying that the choreo is completely different."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 pm

I opened an AOI Shanghai thread, if we want to move the discussion there. Smile

http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/t883-art-on-ice-2012-shanghai-may-26-27
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
1A
1A

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi!
Dai choreographers Lori Nichol and Pasquale will Camrlengo.
At least that's the rumor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News & Topics 2012/13   

Back to top Go down

News & Topics 2012/13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next