News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What makes Daisuke special to You!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dai-fan-Chicago
1A
1A

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I have finally put my hand on what makes Daisuke sooooo very special! bounce While studying physics I realized it is not innate for me – it does not come naturally, intuitively. So while I always get A’s in physics I have to work hard to do so. In other words, I do not “feel” physics, but if I study hard and practice lots of problems I am able to do well. Albert Einstein “felt” physics. Many of his experiments were done only in his mind – they are called “thought experiments”. Einstein felt physics and people “felt” it too thorough him, thus Einstein was not only one of the greatest physicist in history – he was also a “rock star” in his time - like our Daisuke is today!

People were drawn to Einstein, just as people are drawn to Takahashi! Skating is so innate to him, so much an intuitive part of him that he can translate the music to us and tell a story whenever he performs. He is literally transformed on the ice – have you ever noticed that Daisuke appears much larger on ice that he actually is or that he looks completely different depending on what he performs! He BECOMES the character, he “feels” the story, and we get to “feel it” too!

Skaters like Patrick Chan are good students of skating – they practice hard, they learn the steps and formulas. However, they do not “feel” skating innately like Daisuke, so they cannot translate the very essences of the music and skate to us – they DO NOT tell a story. So we do not “feel” the performance when they skate. We may marvel at their athleticism, but we will not be brought to tears by their emotion and passion!

I do not mean to imply that Einstein did not study and practice physics, clearly he did. Likewise, Takahashi must also study and practice his skate. But his innate abilities allow him to take whatever chorography he is working with and add the musical interpretation and feeling necessary to bring the program to life – this cannot be taught – it is his special gift that makes his skating so very special to us! Even when Dai experiences technical difficulty, the beauty of his presentation and the story he tells will be projected onto us and BE FELT!

So long after he has competed, long after he retires, we will watch his performances over and over again. But I hope that we will be graced with him in competition for a long time to come!!!!

That's my thoughts... what makes Dai special to you? silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:16 am

Dai-fan-Chicago,
interesting topic.

Daisuke's interpretation of the music. His skating makes music tangible to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 am

Daisuke's (an animal) instinct for sound.

Everyone hears and some of them listen to.
But few of them through.

He is the man who has an ability through sound.
That makes a difference from others.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Thank you Dai-fan-Chicago for the interesting topic!

I totally agree with what everyone said above about his musicality. That’s the reason I was blown away with him first. He has a habit to make me love whatever music he skates to, even the one he himself didn’t like so much. Smile

His musicality knits his performance into one organic piece. He wouldn’t simply ‘row’ to gain speed for jumps, he wouldn’t simply combine elements while many look too busy to do anything else. He wouldn’t flap a stick-like arm and call it choreography. His great sense of movement and athleticism are needed for it but I think it’s all started because he lives the music when he skates.

If I can also add another thing, I am impressed with his spirit as an athlete. He always gives all he has. He doesn’t play safe to win which I don’t blame if any skater does. One is allowed to be strategic if one's dream medal depends on it. But not Daisuke. He doesn’t blame others no matter what and he doesn’t give excuses. He doesn’t stay satisfied with what he is. Even he seeks more to give the audience great impression than his scores, he also accepts and works hard for whatever current judging system which cannot fully appreciate, in my humble opinion, his expressiveness. He is always ready to open a new door. He is the best samurai I’ve ever known as a real person.

He inspires me so much not only as an artist but also as an athlete. He is the reason I decided to run a marathon after all years of being an indoor person who couldn’t run as long as 2 blocks.

OK, enough for my love letter. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Twind wrote:
He inspires me so much not only as an artist but also as an athlete. He is the reason I decided to run a marathon after all years of being an indoor person who couldn’t run as long as 2 blocks.
This is big, Twind sunny Great accomplishment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peepsrule
1A
1A

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 am

Looks like I feel the same way.
In his book he talks about being perfectly in sync with the music gives him a sensation of "unity" of man and woman (ahem, he uses much more explicit word as I recall). LOL he is saying he is making love to the music while competing at the world stage, with quad here and 3A there. I LOVE THIS GUY.
God of Skate, please let us be the witness of his bliss at the Worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaiKitty
1A
1A

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 pm

^Wow, making love to the music! I agree. I mean I don't think he is trying hard to be sexy or so - he just is. Which book are you talking about? Is it written by himself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peepsrule
1A
1A

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 am

You are right MaiKitty - I think he is trying to express the feeling of "absolute oneness" he reaches. There are two books published last year (I believe), Soul Up and the other, a kind of memoir of 2010-2011 season. I am not sure whether he actually wrote everything but believe it is based on his words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:08 pm

MaiKitty
You know recently I offen meet ''sexy'' while someone decribed him.
But Dai is so much more than this.
He skates with soul, makes skating look so natural & easy like breathing.
His jumps & spins are so beautifull & he moves beautifully every second on the ice.
So inspiring athlete, artist & person he is.
Team Japan is lucky (but so we are all) that he decided to skate until Sochy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaiKitty
1A
1A

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I didn't want to imply that him being "sexy" is his only quality. No, there is much more to it like you said. Sorry if you misunderstood. It's just that his movements are very sensual and I don't think he is actually trying to be like this - he just is. In all of his programmes. I also think it's a compliment. He moves with all of his body and captures the attention second to none.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Hot, sensual, humble... On short- a dream Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:15 pm

let's talk: how sweet of you to say so :-)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwisterSister
1A
1A

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 am

Everything about him Exclamation Exclamation

1) his physical presence - the look of his warm eyes, the construction of his face, the way he sensually moves his body, the way he uses his hands, his gorgeous smile, his cute little looks, the general sense of being 'sexy'
2) his performance ability and detail to music - his innate sense of musicality is second to none; no matter what day, what type of performance (show, competition, whatever) he always puts all of his emotions 'in the moment' out there
3) his personality - his insecurities and self-doubts, his annoying modesty, how he dislikes everything about his body from the eyes down (I DISAGEE OF COURSE), his graciousness, how he's human like the rest of us and gave up during a part of his knee rehab, his dorkiness, how he likes to just hang out at home on days off, how he takes forever to wake up in the mornings (I DO TOO!)

Alright, I'll stop before I write a novel... Or someone sends the international police after me for stalking! drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Well said, TwisterSister! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello TwisterSister

I agree with hsuhs!

It is so much what makes Dai-chan special and even far more than what can be listed here :-)))))))))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadia_Cz
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I think this topic is very interesting :-). And you guys... you already wrote almost everything what I have in my mind when I watch him :-). So many beatiful words about Daisuke here! My English limits me quite a lot and it´s really annoying but... well I at least try to :-D.

I admire him for what he does to me. Because every time I watch him skate I tremble with pleasure and excitement ♥.

And he is also incredible fighter. I was always a person with no self-confidence and he learns me that I am worthy to fight for myself. I dont know If my words make any sense but I feel so much emotions when I think about Daisuke that I had to try write something :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ostile17
3A
3A

Number of posts : 1365
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Nadia_Cz wrote:

And he is also incredible fighter. I was always a person with no self-confidence and he learns me that I am worthy to fight for myself. I dont know If my words make any sense but I feel so much emotions when I think about Daisuke that I had to try write something :-)

Nadia, what you say does make sense: I find Daisuke so very inspiring too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwisterSister
1A
1A

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Gudrun, hsuhs, thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is so completely in love and obsessed. I love you

Nadia_Cz wrote:
I admire him for what he does to me. Because every time I watch him skate I tremble with pleasure and excitement ♥.

You just described my reaction when I watch Daisuke skate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadia_Cz
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:58 am

ostile17 wrote:
Nadia, what you say does make sense: I find Daisuke so very inspiring too!

TwisterSister wrote:
You just described my reaction when I watch Daisuke skate!

I just love that way how we understand each other no matter what Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes Daisuke special to You!   

Back to top Go down

What makes Daisuke special to You!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1