News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 am

ostile17 wrote:
Sometimes I can't help thinking that maybe he should be just a little more..."mean" Twisted Evil

That would definitely help, imo Twisted Evil Very Happy

But, in order to be 'mean' one needs to be confident, imo. And in order to be confident one needs to be sure he possesses a right set of skills and qualities.

Is Daisuke confident? I think he is, with certain things. Take, for instance, his 3A, it looks very 'mean' to me bounce Daisuke's success rate on 3A is around 90% - 95% (?) But how can someone be confident about something with a 10% - 20% success rate (the quad)?

I bet Daisuke's working on the basics gave his confidence a major boost. Mastering quads would take his confidence to the next level king

-------------------------

Thank you for the pic, Gudrun flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 am

Hi~
http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

showing icedance sd.

Mens event seemed to me such like an Extreme games. pale

Colorado springs..what a dangerous place. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:44 am

fosse wrote:
Hi~
http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

showing icedance sd.

Mens event seemed to me such like an Extreme games. pale

Colorado springs..what a dangerous place. Twisted Evil

I'm planning on watching the last group.

I'd like to congratulate Meryl DAVIS and Charlie WHITE on their 3rd 4CC title! Cool Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Nan Song recovered after yesterday. Thank god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2120
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 am

I watched the last group of ice dancing.

Top four:

D/W
V/M
W/P
Shibutanis

There is a 1 point difference between the top 2.

The Shibs were robbed in PC's . The audience booed when their scores came up and I have to agree they should be in 3rd.

All of the skaters looked ragged and out of breath after they skated.

Good luck to Meryl and Charlie tomorrow in the FD. I hope they win, they have a beautiful FD this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 am

OMG,
A.Wagner..beautiful performance.
Overall scores are 192.41

Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Back from the arena...

Pairs: Surprisingly good! Not too many falls. Highlights were Sui/Han, Takahashi/Tran (even with mistakes), and Evora/Ladwig.

Dance: Thought the Shbutanis were underscored. I booed right along with the rest of the crowd. Virtue/Moir and Davis/White were a bit on the flat side but I see why they're a cut above the rest. Weaver/Poje were great too.

Ladies: A total drag until the final group. Caroline Zhang and Ashley Wagner skated lights out! I thought Kanako was going to kill it too but she struggled. Mao was so beautiful to watch live. Her blades were quiet on the ice. Product of spending lots of time training with Takahiko?

Before the ladies free, there was a small medal ceremony for the men. Afterwards they all stuck around for pictures and autographs. Dai was probably the most popular guy! I managed to get him to pose for a picture for me! He was wonderful with the mass of fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi swandie

Thanks a lot for your report :-)

Lovely how you speak about Dai-chan :-)))

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:39 pm

http://www.nikkei.com/sports/news/article/g=96958A9C81818A9993E2E2E5E08DE3E0E2E0E0E2E3E0E2E2E2E2E2E2;da=96958A88889DE2E0E3EAEAE5E6E2E0E3E3E0E0E2E2EBE2E2E2E2E2E2

As this news, he is going to train in Lyon before Worlds.
I think that's right decison.

Quote :
He was wonderful with the mass of fans

You know, he is familiar with that situation. Wink
cheers
swandie, Thanks for report~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:11 pm

That's great news, fosse!! Dai-chan loves to be in Lyon, I'm sure it'll do him good, it'll give him support/confidence, I'm sure :-)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi to all,

Oops, I forgot all about the small medal ceremony. affraid How dumb I missed it. I got overwhelmed by beautiful snowflakes on my window and taking pictures of them intead of Dai. Rolling Eyes

But I’m very happy for you swandie, for your photo taken! cheers

And I got already so much more than I very ambitiously wished for, I have absolutely no complaint. Smile Thanks to peepsrule and Genki pushing me not to be afraid (thank you!), and Daisuke himself so very kind, after his FS practice I got his autograph on the page he wrote about his Hawaii visit in his book , also I got a picture taken with a handshake added after the main medal ceremony as swandie wrote. What more can I ask for? A gold medal for Dai?

Though I also think Dai's team should look hard on his program with a better strategy to gain more points, I think the team and Disuke himself are aware of it.

I agree with miyu,

miyu wrote:
Hi guys! sunny

Gudrun and Let's talk, as you know it's just a first step. When Dai-chan decided to continue to compete until Sochi, he said it was the three-year plan. I believe he will show us the ultimate mixed form of art and athleticism at the end of his competitive career. BELIEVE ME!! Cool

This season is his first step toward Sochi and I’m so happy for what he achieved so far, how far he has come. I also have a great faith for what’s coming after this season. And though I sometimes complain hard for what Chan’s score is, I am thankful that Chan is competing like he does. He plays a big part in the reason why he decided to continue and how he is improving his skills.

I would like to add another post next a little about FS event. Forgive my long chatter.

Last edited by Twind on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twind
2A
2A

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Oh I missed the post with the news about Lyon. That's exactly what I was wishing for after the Worlds but before!? Very Happy
Thank you fosse for the great news!!

And let me share something from FS night.

I sit on the front row during his FS on the opposite end across kiss & cry area. Yes, that area he makes a pose with hand motion with hair.

As you all know his 3A popped, and all the hearts of Daisuke fans were squeezed at the rink. But I saw Daisuke so determined for recovery and the audience definitely responded and helped. The credit should all go to Daisuke himself who is a magician, but it really looked like it built up from both ends, Dai and the audience in the process. We all cheered!

By the time his 2nd 3A greatly done as a combo, he looked so confident I started feeling relaxed, enjoying Daisuke’s every motion instead of worrying. And when he reached to us after the flip we went wild in the area. After his ‘hair done’ and when he turned around to us one more time I swear his eyes were laughing. Laughing at the crazy gals who were possibly destroying the mood of Blues. He looked so happy.

He made me so happy too.

And I confess another thing.

After the ceremony, the three medalists started responding the audience’s requests for autographs, handshakes and photos. Since where I sit is the far end from where they started on the right end of the opposite from judges, a lady next to me and I thought they wouldn’t make it to us. We were wrong. They did it all 360 degree around the rink! The lady next to me took a picture with Ross and we both had a handshake with Chan, but Daisuke was most popular and he really took care of each carefully, he kind of running out of time when the other medalists were already gone. Right at the time he reached to me, he was apparently getting nervous and said, “I would get scolded, so…”
We tried to request “1 more picture please?” thinking some kind of reporters waiting shouldn’t “scold” a medalist. He was still tweeting in a very weak, high pitch voice like a small furry animal cat saying “I would get scolded, so…”, but he came to me and posed for a picture with a smile, and he apparently changed his mind and he went on to finish ten or more so, till the end of wall still mumbling that same words.

Later, some lady who has a relative who is a volunteer at similar competitions told me that the three medalists plus some randomly chosen should report for a doping test after the medal ceremony. Oh-oh, I am sorry that I didn’t know that. That’s probably why he felt pressed. swandie was very wise and discreet stepping back. I am very happy she also got the picture later on. Anyway it was so kind of him to finish till the end of that wall.

I am sorry for him but I still laugh how cute, way too cute for 25 year-old mature guy sounded like seven, saying “Okorarechaun de….” over and over so meekly. Instead, he could have said “sorry I really have to go” and just left us. He didn't.

Thank you so much Daisuke.

Last edited by Twind on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Twind, thank you so much for telling us about this special moment! Isn't it just georgeous, the way he is? He's so cute and I'm so happy for all of you who were at the scene and who could experience it :-)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Oh, swandie, Mao was that good in skating a long before Takahiko!

I love her SP, but this time I liked her FS too.
I call Mao "airy fairy". ))

fosse
About skates guards - I`ve noticed them too. ))
I like it!
Fabulous indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2120
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks to all for your thoughts and reports about Dai. It is so nice to hear from fans that were actually at the competition and got to shake hands and have their photos taken with Dai. Dai is the real thing he truly does care about his fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Lil wrote:
Oh, swandie, Mao was that good in skating a long before Takahiko!

I love her SP, but this time I liked her FS too.
I call Mao "airy fairy". ))

This was the first time I had seen Mao live. I knew she was good but she's positively amazing live! Mind blowing skating skills are something I associate with Takahiko so upon seeing her, I sort of made the connection.

Twind, your story about Dai is too cute and funny! Even funnier that I was right there and had no clue. Obviously it's because of my nearly nonexistent Japanese but still. I think Dai is the type that doesn't like trouble but at the same time, he doesn't want to leave fans disappointed. I sort of stepped back because I wanted to give the kids a chance to meet him before he was called away to the presser.

More people stuck around for the ladies ceremony so I didn't try to meet any of the skaters in order to give the kids a chance. I did get a nice shot of Mao as she skated by though. The ladies all left before they could get "scolded", in the [translated] words of Dai. Don't blame them given the large amount of people clamoring for a moment of their time. Not sure when they'll have the small medal ceremony...maybe before the pairs free. I'm going to FD practice later so I'll find out then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Thank you for all your reports and heartwarming stories, guys! cheers

Sounds like you had some great time in Colorado Springs! sunny

Oh and re Ashley Wagner, well done, Ashley! Also pleasantly surprised by Caroline Zhang's skate. Respect to Mao for doing 3A in competitions cheers Hopefully, she'll get full credit for it at Worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:30 am

Hi there

I'm watching the pairs now. Is anybody else watching? The first group is on the ice for warm-up ...

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:52 am

The pairs seem pretty out of breath after their performance. Perhaps fosse is right that it is a "dangerous place" to skate at ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:53 am

miyu wrote:
it's just a first step. When Dai-chan decided to continue to compete until Sochi, he said it was the three-year plan. I believe he will show us the ultimate mixed form of art and athleticism at the end of his competitive career. BELIEVE ME!! Cool

Thank you, miyu Smile
I don't doubt it. And I believe in Dai-chan.

I'm glad that he will train in Lyon to Nice. It's very useful to have an additional acclimatization in Europe and a good team before the championship.

Thank you all for your reports from Colorado. Very Happy

And of course congratulations to Dai-chan. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 am

Ah, panther, long time no see :-)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:03 am

Gudrun wrote:
I'm watching the pairs now. Is anybody else watching? The first group is on the ice for warm-up ...

Thanks for the heads up, Gudrun cheers

I'll watch the last group, I think. I'll be rooting for Sui & Han bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panther
1A
1A

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 am

Gudrun wrote:
Ah, panther, long time no see :-)))

Glad to see you, Gudrun. sunny
I always read the forum. And I'm sorry, that is rarely write. But always keep up Dai-chan. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 am

Hi hsuhs

The second group is on the ice already :-) It's somehow pretty quick today, I find ...

Yes, let's see if Sui and Han can keep their shape in the FS :-)

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 am

Hi panther, good to know that you were not gone :-) I'm sure you keep up with Dai-chan :-))))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 am

There was no flawless performance so far :-( I hope it'll get better soon ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs    

Back to top Go down

4 Continents Championships, 7-12 Feb 2012, Colorado Springs
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next