News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am

Thank you for clearing our thoughts by your smart opinion, MissC! Very Happy

Lil wrote:
After replaying and watching it many time I`ve changed my mind.
Hi Lil! Glad to hear that! Cool Very Happy
Regarding his comment, IMO this time he didn't necessarily indicate the retirement using the word "the end". I think he meant he would keep working hard until the end of the next season.
Currently nobody knows when he retires, even Dai-chan doesn't know it.
But it's sad to say, I won't surprise if he will retires after Tokyo Worlds. Neutral I had prepared myself to witness his retirement after Vancouver for a long time. So it's like I'm enjoying the extra gift from him now. Embarassed

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20100626-645889.html
In this article, Dai-chan said
"There are a lot of unique movements of Stephane. I put what I'm not good at, into the program. It's interesting to work with a skater who I have competed against.
(Regarding why he prepared two SPs) I might retire next year. So I'd like to ask the people who I want to work with, while I am a competitive skater. "

Lil wrote:
Miyu, did you think that Dai is not an artist?
Please don't get my words seriously! Laughing drunken Probably I wanted to say something nice for my second favorite skater, Stephane Lambiel.
Anyway Dai-chan clearly has the top (or best Cool ) quality of artistry among the current competitive skaters. And working with Stephane, meeting with Tetsuya Kumakawa and coba (it will be aired next Sunday as a part of coba's TV documentary! cheers ) and such things help him a lot to develop his artisty! Wink

samby wrote:
to quote Pascale "he is one of a kind."
Welcome to DTFF, samby!! sunny
Pasquare often said very nice things on him!! It's would be nice to read this when you have time.
Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8
http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/news-and-topics-about-daisuke-f2/camerlengo-s-interview-from-figure-skate-days-vol8-t579.htm

I think I translated somewhere the article in which Pasquare said he got angry when he watched Dai-chan's Hiphop swan in 07 SA because the judges didn't give him 10.0p on some of PCSs, but I couldn't find. Didn't I tranlate? scratch

samby wrote:
I just finished watching this new EX program and Luv Letter. Except for the overall mood of the music I think that is where the similarity ends. In Luv Letter Daisuke began by looking into the palms of his hands which brought forth a recollection of a moment in time from the past. Daisuke was pensive and tranquill and that moment in time was very special and continues to be cherished. He ends the piece looking up into the heavens.

In this new piece Daisuke looks beyond his raises hands with the palms facing outwards -- like a wall which separates the person which is presented to the outside world from the deep feelings hidden within. Then he pushes himself away from the wall...The movements in his upper body especially during the step squences exuded such powerful feelings of fear, frustration, yearning for a release, etc. They are feelings of the moment and expressed just the way he released the different emotions in La Strada with tremendous intensity and abandon. He ends this piece folded up into a ball on the ice.
Oh, wonderful observation! flower Thank you for sharing it with us!
For me, both of Luv Letter and Amelie has silent strength, sensitiveness, fragility, transparency, restrained emotion and ELEGANCE. (wow, too many! Laughing ) I think this kind of atomosphere is one of Dai-chan's uniquness. I love you I love you (Actually the Luv Letter in WC was no longer fragile!! It was very intense and had champion's dignity though! Razz )

Sorry for a long post............. pale pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm

miyu wrote:

So it's like I'm enjoying the extra gift from him now.
Yes. It`s a gift. But if Dai`ll retire after Tokyo, it would be great loss. I don`t see a great potential among youngsters. They probably need 2-3 years to develope & became as great as were Johnny, Stephane & Dai.
Quote :
Please don't get my words seriously! Laughing drunken Probably I wanted to say something nice for my second favorite skater, Stephane Lambiel.
He`s my fav too. But I`m depressed after hearing that Stephan is an artist & Dai still need to improve. They both are great.
Quote :
For me, both of Luv Letter and Amelie has silent strength, sensitiveness, fragility, transparency, restrained emotion and ELEGANCE. (wow, too many! Laughing ) I think this kind of atomosphere is one of Dai-chan's uniquness. I love you I love you (Actually the Luv Letter in WC was no longer fragile!! It was very intense and had champion's dignity though! Razz )
Thank you for sharing.
Quote :

Sorry for a long post............. pale pale
I`m glad always to read long posts! Smile
Yshion wrote:

ETA: Lil, I agree with you saying both Daisuke and Stephane are artist. But I think Stephane can skate to variety kinds of music, not only classical type.
I mean that I like his skating to classic much more than to other music. It suits him for 100%. It`s like having all the european culture back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 am

Quote :
But Genki, you are a bit mean to Stephane:(

Whoops, sorry Miyu. I love Stepane too, but this is just my opinion. Please take it easy.

Quote :
For Kenji, I've seen more than 20 (30?) programs he choreographed for
different Japanese skaters including EX and competition programs in 2
years. I found they all had different characteristic movements and
individual mood suitable for each skaters. I never thought "Oh it's
Kenji's style (movement)". That's why I named Kenji as an ideal
choreographer. And the same thing can be said for Shae-Lynn (She still
often skates in public, besides!).

This is exactly what I want from the great choreographer. Well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 am

Genki wrote:
Whoops, sorry Miyu. I love Stepane too, but this is just my opinion. Please take it easy.
I'm sorry too, Genki. Very Happy I know you like a skater who can skate and dance!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am

Here is another version of Amelie at Dreams on Ice, filmed from different angles and without commentary during the program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVupmrtikU&feature=channel

I love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireni
1A
1A

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:08 am

MissC wrote:
Here is another version of Amelie at Dreams on Ice, filmed from different angles and without commentary during the program:

Is not working Neutral This âèäåî - private
Look at that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH_J2V9GiMY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://irenis.diary.ru/
ireni
1A
1A

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 pm

ireni wrote:
MissC wrote:
Here is another version of Amelie at Dreams on Ice

Is not working Neutral

It's work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oXUb8Hx95U
I love it I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://irenis.diary.ru/
Dencar
1A
1A

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks for the link! Is there anyone with that video on mp4 or avi format? Very Happy I think this version is better than the original one. Smile His movements were smooth and expressive than the first time he performed it.

Just an observation, his left sleeve goes down at the end of the program. It looks like its coincidental but looks like its intentional? So he doesn't feel cold when he lies down on the ice at the end of the program? Laughing

Last edited by Dencar on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dencar.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am

Thank you for the links, MissC and ireni! Very Happy

MissC wrote:
This performance was filmed during the last show on 27th, while the former one was filmed in the afternoon show on 26th.

Dencar wrote:
Just an observation, his left sleeve goes down at the end of the program. It looks like its coincidental but looks like its intentional? So he doesn't feel cold when he lies down on the ice at the end of the program? )
Razz Razz Razz
I don't think it was intentional. His arms looked longer by rolling up his sleeves, I think. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?   

Back to top Go down

NEW EX: Stephane Lambiel to choreograph for Daisuke?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4