News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 pm

http://www.ntv.co.jp/every/sp/index.html
Takahashi Daisuke, the hidden road to the medal. The challenge of Team Takahashi.
(April 24 10:30am-11:20am NTV.)

When he ran away from the hard rehab. When suddenly he coudn't practice for two weeks one month before the olympics and the word of "withdrawal" crossed his mind. What sustained him was the team.

In Vancouver Olympics, the moment before he stepped onto the ice, the team members said to him, "You aren't alone on the ice. We are with you." The road to the victory he walked on with the team.

Dai-chan will also appear in Tetsuko no Heya as a guest on April 29th. (13:20pm - 13:55pm TV Asahi)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Still no video of this TV program has been posted on youtube.... Neutral Again it was a nice documentary. Very Happy

After Dai-chan came back on the ice, Takeshi helped him to bring back his jumps. I don't remember precisely but Dai-chan said Takeshi could tell him with a short and exact words.
(I think both of them had the world's top technique and could share "the feeling". If Takeshi had not been there with him..... It's scary to imagine. Takeshi's help was enoumous. )

But in the last August, he suddenly lost all jumps, because his timing of jump hasn't been so stable yet at that time. He looked irritated. (It wasn't mentioned in the TV but I think he changed his skating shoes at that time.)

His trainer, Watanabe-san, cared Dai-chan's mental as well as his body by hearing Dai-chan's complaints.

Dai-chan also revealed what happened to him one month before the olympics. When he changed old skating shoes to new ones. He found the shoe maker change the specifics of the shoes. The outer skins, especially the front side, became softer and didn't match him at all. He couldn't skate for two weeks because of it. Then Takeshi brought Dai-chan his old model shoes and eventually they fit him. Dai-chan said he couldn't win the bronze without those shoes.

At the Team Takahashi's party after the olympics which aired before, both Utako-sensei and Watanabe san said jokingly "I haven't heard it has ended". (Such kind of thing.. my memory is very fragile. tongue ) Utako-sensei also said "I want him to work without determining his own limit." (4F? or maybe the time of his retirement, too! tongue bounce )

Dai-chan said that he was too shy to say "Thank you." directly to the members but always thanked them in his mind.

Team Takahashi continue to work together next season too!! (Basically. I don't know about the choreographers, costume deginer and nutritionist.)

From other TV programs, a couple of things I remember.

April 25th 勝負食堂 Shobu Shokudo (Winner's restaurant?)

No video in youtube, either.
Dai-chan appeared witn his nutritionist. When he was asked by the host like "There was a trouble with you just before the olympics?", he said "えっ?". Then the nutritionist got angry about him forgetting the matter. ( Laughing )
It was the overweight issue of him. He overweighed 3kg. The hostess asked him "3kg is a fatal impact on jumps, isn't it? " and he said "It's like jumping with a 3kg dumbbell in my hand." And then the nutritionist cooked the low calorie curry which she made specially for Dai-chan during the olympics. She sauteed onions without oil until brown for 2 days ( Shocked Shocked ) and stewed for 3 hours with removing fat and scum.
Now Dai-chan realiezed the importance of food. Very Happy

April 26th ミヤネ屋 Miyane-ya

Dai-chan was about to cry when he waited his turn in FP. It was not because he was so nervous, it was because he realized he actually could come back and be there in the olympic games and the thought made him happy.
He told the Takeshi's shoes story again and said that he needed to change them to new ones now but he still couldn't find ones which fit him.

Shoes, shoes, shoes!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Really troublesome. No I really really hope he can find good ones soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Thank you so much for these interesting quotes and comments, miyu! sunny

I'm really happy that Dai found all the right people to help him, and the right environment, too. (I can't imagine what would have happened if he had been in the US with Morozov when he got injured.)

miyu wrote:
Dai-chan was about to cry when he waited his turn in FP. It was not because he was so nervous, it was because he realized he actually could come back and be there in the olympic games and the thought made him happy.
Awww... that's also how I felt when I saw him at practice for the first time in Vancouver.

And now I hope that he can find boots that fit him/his feet/his style before next season. Takeshi's skates won't live forever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericacsy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 am

thanks so much for the translation again! (i apologize for my lack of creativity in response, haha)

hope the videos on youtube will come out soon ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith85j
1A
1A

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:35 pm

I have found this video: Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKp2-TUGXwM 1/3

I think it's when Dai appeared with his nutritionist to a tv show..
Thank you to miyu for the translation...without it i can't understand anything cheers Very Happy

Last edited by Faith85j on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Faith85j wrote:
I have found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKp2-TUGXwM

I think it's when Dai appeared with his nutritionist to a tv show..
Yes, that's it!!

MissC wrote:
miyu wrote:

Awww... that's also how I felt when I saw him at practice for the first time in Vancouver.
Wow, really? You looked him carefully. The interviewer (Miyane-ya) said to Dai-chan that he was so nervous to see Dai-chan skating during the FP in the olympics at first but then he started to wonder if Dai-chan was actually having fun. And Dai-chan said he started to have fun during the cist and he just wanted to attract the audience afterward.
It's great, isn't it!!

And there was the scene Dai-chan and Utako-sensei hugged each other after he skated the FP in the olympics in the documentary of Team Takahashi. I think you told us about the scene. It's was a very touching scene, indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith85j
1A
1A

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)   

Back to top Go down

TV: The challenge of Team Takahashi (4.24.2010)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1