News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 am

This isn't really news, but it's so ridiculously cute, it's worth watching. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMcCsrcO4RQ

Shoma Uno is a sixth grader (12 years old) from Nagoya. He's currently a novice level skater, but he won bronze at the Japanese Junior Nationals back in November. He's well-known for his expressive skating, and his idol is Daisuke! The interviewers on this show knew he liked Daisuke, so they brought him a DVD with a message from Daisuke. Daisuke said:

"Hello, Shoma-kun, this is Daisuke Takahashi. Shoma-kun's skating is very charming and I really like it, so please value it and continue to work hard. It would be nice if we could compete together, so hurry and improve, and compete with me! Please try your best!"

After watching the video, Shoma says that he's happy, and then sends a message back to Daisuke saying, "Good luck at the Olympics!" The interviewer then tells Shoma that he could be in a commercial, and should aim to be the next "Child Manager" (nickname for popular child actor Seishiro Kato).

If you haven't seen any of Shoma's performances before, you should check them out on YouTube. His musicality is really impressive! It would be great if he could compete with Daisuke in the future, if Daisuke continues competing after this season anyway. Maybe next year? Razz (How old do you have to be to compete at senior Nationals?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Yes, it's really cute. Calliope, thank you for the translation! flower sunny

And of course it's very sweet of Daisuke to say those inspiring words to the kid. I don't know if they ever compete against each other, given that Daisuke is 11 years elder to Shoma Uno, but I guess they could compete together, if some day Daisuke becomes a coach/ choreographer/ mentor king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 pm

This is a great young skater!
Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRRZbp4Dbk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3B-MQWXC80&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanseki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:11 am

Thank you, Calliope!

It's very kind of Daisuke. This is a very good motivation for Shoma Smile. And Shoma is really great young skater! I've found a lovely picture from Japanese Junior Nationals
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2009-2010/fs/national_jr/index.htm

hsuhs wrote:
I guess they could compete together, if some day Daisuke becomes a coach/ choreographer/ mentor king
That would be really great sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anorithil
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:15 am

Hi

Just wondering anybody has a copy of the video, where Dai sends Shoma his message. It has been deleted from youtube Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke sends a message to Shoma Uno
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1