News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

From Absolute Skate's article about Japan Open.
http://absoluteskating.com/reports/2009jo.htm

Here is Takeshi Honda's comment on Dai-chan.

"Nevertheless, he declared that he will focus on coaching and leading Daisuke Takashi to an Olympic medal and won’t spend too much time on his own skating.

When asked what he would like if God sent him a gift, he answered that he wants Takahashi to medal at the Vancouver Olympics, which indicated he is no longer a skater but a coach, eager for Takahashi to win. "

Thank you sooooo much for saying so, Takeshi!! I love you I love you

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Dai-chan has two wonderful seniors who support him.

These are some excerpts from Sportiva No.89 Dec. 2009.

http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/popup/contents/index.html
http://blog.shueisha.net/sportiva/magazine/index.php?ID=78

Shizuka Arakawa

When I heard about his injury, I understood how severe it was. I thought it was no use to regret but I had to support him mentally.
*snip* (She talked about her ice show FOI where she invited him to help his come back. )
The injury made him apart from the environment which he was accustomed to and recall the things which were important or he was about to forget. Seeing the present him, I can't think of the injury as negative.
By his nature, he is the person who can express the non-premade(inartificial?) beauty by skating. There are a lot of skaters who can dance nicely and also move uniquely. However there are few skaters whoes movements don't make us feel they are something premade. (artificial?) He has the power to make people think he is a true skater, he is born to skate. Well, this is a talent. I feel like losing my confidence when I skate with him.(laugh)
In order to bring out his best in the Olympics, "what he wants to deliver to people" is important. If he won't lose sight of it, he won't get sucked up in the atmosphere. *snip* Being in the unusual atmosphere, even if you desire strongly to express your own skating, I don't know why but, you are overwhelmed by the thoughts like "I have to skate well" or "I have to win". *snip* So I want Daisuke Takahashi to bring out his 100% skating in the Olympics by facing himself intensely and knowing himself more and more. I hope so.

Takeshi Honda

This season I went to every camps with him. *snip* He was amazing when he started to practice triple jumps at the beginning of summer! He brought back six kinds of jumps one after another immediately. And he skated wonderfully in a show too. But since the time when the rest was only quad, there appeared the problems like his skating boots. *snip* His jumps became unstable and he was about to lose his confidence. At that time, he asked me "Please jump for me." Triple toe-loop, salcow, I did them one by one from the easiest one. After he watched my timing of jump, wow, he could jump!! So I might have jumped more than anyone else recently.(laugh) Honestly speaking, it was hard. But if it works for him in a good way, I will jump for him more and more. *snip*
Even though having ups and downs, he is having enjoyable and fulfilling practice everyday. I think he doesn't save unnecessary things in his mind mentally compared to before. *snip*
I'm used to be a skater who memorize the timing of jump as physical feeling. Daisuke is doing the same pracitce now. So I want him to believe the feeling which his body has memorized by such a amount of practice. After all, to be himself when he steps onto the ice. No matter who appears as his strong rival, he doesn't need to be bothered by him. I want to see him being the same as usual in the olympics and any competitions. If he can show what he does in practice.... He will be O.K.! I promise.

I was impressed to know how much they support Dai-chan. flower I really appreciate their devotion to him, especially Takeshi!! cheers cheers

peace1

*I altered the thread title by adding Shizuka's name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks, miyu! Wow for what Honda was doing for Dai! That's pretty uncommon, I'd say. How many coaches jump for their pupils? Guess he will become a very dedicated one.
It's very touching and convincing to hear what they both say about him and how they both support him.
By the way, I wanted to ask: have there been any news recently about Dai's skating boots problem? If something's been said in yesterday's documentary, I couldn't understand it anyway Sad But I'm craving to know that everything's alright now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you for the translation, miyu! flower

It's great to have friends like Shizuka Arakawa and Takeshi Honda! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
1A
1A

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Thank you so much, Miyu for translating. I feel very grateful that there are such wonderful translators here on this board! Smile

How great to read about the support system Dai-chan has. Especially from Takeshi. That is commitment, doing all those jumps when you're not skating competitions anymore! And Arakawa, she knows what it takes to become an Olympic champion, so i am sure her mental support is very helpful!

Now I am looking so much forward to NHK!!

peace1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:57 pm

You are welcome, Euphoria, hsuhs and Artemis. Very Happy And thank you for reading my poor translation. albino

Euphoria wrote:
By the way, I wanted to ask: have there been any news recently about Dai's skating boots problem? If something's been said in yesterday's documentary, I couldn't understand it anyway But I'm craving to know that everything's alright now...
There is no news about it after the news Leode translated in another thread(he boutht 13 pairs of boots), I suppose. Probably more news will come as NHK Trophy approaches.
But the very last scene of NHK's documentary (00:41:50-) was his practice filmed only a few days ago, on 22th Oct. It seems he was practicing intensely without any problem. Look at the energetic slst!! I love you I love you Wow, he did 3Lz-2T-tano2Lo(with both arms up)!! Shocked
And I looooove his twizzles @ 00:29:00. Embarassed Embarassed It's also so cute how Pasquare clapped his hands and Takeshi bowed when Dai-chan posed in front of them after the twizzles. Embarassed

Artemis wrote:
And Arakawa, she knows what it takes to become an Olympic champion, so i am sure her mental support is very helpful!
Dai-chan also said, he knew how she had fought through Turin Olympics mentally by being with her right there, in a different magazine. I think it was a great experience for him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
1A
1A

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:35 pm

miyu wrote:
You are welcome, Euphoria, hsuhs and Artemis. Very Happy And thank you for reading my poor translation. albino

And I looooove his twizzles @ 00:29:00. Embarassed Embarassed It's also so cute how Pasquare clapped his hands and Takeshi bowed when Dai-chan posed in front of them after the twizzles. Embarassed
First - what poor translation?? It was GREAT! Thank you so much! I love you

And I also just LOVE his twizzles - WOW. Awesome! bounce bounce I love it how he has become an even better skater after the injury. That was too much to hope for given the severity of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!   

Back to top Go down

Thank you very much for saying so, Takeshi & Shizuka!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1