News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 am

Hi Everyone!

Does anybody know whether any Russian TV station will live stream Cup of
Russia?

Let me know.

BTW, after watching Oda's performance at TEB, I now believe that he is a ligitmate contender for Olympic medals. Good for him.
I wish Dai's practice is going well, especially for his FS.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi, Genki. NTV+ is the only one (for the whole season), as far as I know. And maybe the "1" will show us Gala.
Since I have no access to NTV+ I'm just glad that I'll be there in Hodynka (Rostelekom's ice arena) for once Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Euphoria wrote:
Since I have no access to NTV+ I'm just glad that I'll be there in Hodynka (Rostelekom's ice arena) for once
WOW! cheers Please share your impression about the competition with us here, especially about Mr. Plushenko and Takahiko!! Wink Thanks!

Genki wrote:
BTW, after watching Oda's performance at TEB, I now believe that he is a ligitmate contender for Olympic medals. Good for him.
He is very lucky to be given such a nice FP in the Olympics year. And Mao..... Suspect Suspect I like her FP, though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 pm

miyu wrote:

WOW! cheers Please share your impression about the competition with us here, especially about Mr. Plushenko and Takahiko!! Wink Thanks!

Sure, I will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Euphoria wrote:
Sure, I will Very Happy
Thank you. Hope you have a great time there!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Euphoria and Miyu.

Euphoria, thanks a lot for info regarding live streaming.
Miyu, I will join to share my impression too.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Rostelecom Cup 2009
http://www.isugrandprix.ru/

Online Result
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011084.htm

Men - Short Program

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 82.25 1
2 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 75.50 2
3 Johnny WEIR USA 72.57 3
4 Artem BORODULIN RUS 72.07 4
5 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 67.94 5
6 Ivan TRETIAKOV RUS 65.10 6
7 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 63.15 7
8 Shawn SAWYER CAN 61.38 8
9 Florent AMODIO FRA 59.95 9
10 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 57.31 10
11 Brandon MROZ USA 54.50 11

Evgeni Plushenko 2009 Rostelecom Cup SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbTC3FUoT5w

Euphoria
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:56 am

Hey, everyone. I promised you to share my expressions of Evgeny's and Takahiko's performances, I know. But actually I have very little to say about them both. Evgeny - well, his 4-3 was nice, but everything else... maybe it's just that I don't like his skating at all. There was no spark and he doesn't perform the way he did it in Torino.
As for Kozuka, he was marvelous. I never liked his skating before but today he totally enraptured me. Wow. Fluid and quick and strong. Way to go, Takahiko! But I don't really like his costume Smile
If you want to know about Johnny, his skating was enchanting as usual but he himself was very tensed. Could do 3-3, but the board was too close so he prefered safety to some technical points.
And just two more words about Japanese girls. They were so beautiful on the ice. But you know, it's such a disadvantage for Miki that her coach is Morozov. Really, he drew half the public over himself Very Happy His performance behind the boarder was so powerful and emotional! (I still can't hold my laugher back, half of my friends were recording him on their devices!)
And Mao, I'm so sorry for her. Everyone's sorry, that's for sure. We didn't understand why her score was so low. It was much later when we've decided that she lifts the level of lady's skating too much and judges don't like it. So she was...well, maybe she was punished.

Hey, I also wanted to say that I was very pleased and amused to see that half of an audience were Japanese. It's so nice of them (or you) to travel all over the planet to see beloved (alright, just favorite Smile) skaters!

Now I guess it's time to call it a night after a long long day on the rink. I'll write tomorrow, if you want me to ))))))
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 am

Thanks for your review, euphoria!

Euphoria wrote:
It was much later when we've decided that [Mao] lifts the level of lady's skating too much and judges don't like it. So she was...well, maybe she was punished.
confused I'm sorry for her, too, but it has nothing to do with "liking" or "punishing". Her first 2A (3A attempt) was downgraded to a single, she didn't do any combo and then she repeated the 2A = illegal = 0 points. Tarasova's "strategy" with jumps is a complete disaster (as are her music picks, choreographies and costume choices for Mao)... Run, Mao, run!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks for your impressions, Euphoria! I agree about Morozov and his "performance" behind the boards. I wonder if he has skaters going to Skate America or Skate Canada. I would love to see him perform. Laughing

I think Plushenko was a little overscored. Sure he had a clean quad-triple but he doubled his solo triple and his footwork and spins paled in comparison to Takahiko's (to me anyway). So obviously Takahiko was my favorite today. He was amazing! I had high hopes for Florent Amodio and Brandon Mroz. It was a shame to watch them both struggle, especially Brandon. Johnny looked good (save the jump mistakes) but he was a bit underwhelming to me.

Mao is in serious trouble and I think the only way for her to get out of it is to dump Tarasova and find a better technical coach/choreographer. Maybe she could return to Artunian (or however you spell his name) and get Lori Nichol back as her choreographer. Maybe after this, JSF will suggest she fire Tarasova. Miki was doing well until the hand down.

The shining moment for me today was Pang and Tong's short program (I'm saying this having not seen the OD). It's so gorgeous! I also loved McLaughlin and Brubaker's short program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Thank you very much for the report, Euphoria!!! cheers cheers

Euphoria wrote:
Evgeny - well, his 4-3 was nice,
Mr.Plushenko's 4T+3T was really amazing!! It's hard to believe he has been away from competitions for almost 4 years. Shocked And I agree with the rest of your comment on him. Sorry, Mr.

Euphoria wrote:
But I don't really like his costume
He would be disappointed to hear that, Euphoria. Razz The costume is a challenge for him as well as the wink( Shocked )!!
I like Takahiko and his SP very much but sometimes his landings bother me a little...
I haven't seen other skater's program yet.... Neutral

And Poor poor Mao...... Sad Sad Sad
It's so sad to see her skating like that. It seemed she lost her concentration when she missed the first 3A. (She stopped momentarily.) Is she losing her jump technique? Rolling Eyes
But what I'm concerned most is her mental condition. No I have had the concern since the last Japanese nationals. Her guts and sparkles which she used to have have gone away since then, especially in competitions, except WTT where she delivered a wonderful SP. I read an article recently in internet and if I remember correctly it was like this, she was shocked by Japanese media even critisizing her for the lack of expression ability when she came back to Japan from the last GPF where she won with two 3As and then she lost her motivation for a while. I don't know the article was reliable (because it was written by a sort of gossip paper) but obvioulsly Japanese media is eating her.... No No No
Believe in yourself, Mao!! cheers cheers cheers
(I used to say this for someone before, but now it seems the person doesn't need this words any more!! Wink Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Thank you so much for the report, Euphoria!
Please also let me know your impression about Men's result.

Here is Men's result!!
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus09/index.htm

Men's Result
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 240.20 1 1
2 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 215.13 2 2
3 Artem BORODULIN RUS 201.55 4 3
4 Johnny WEIR USA 198.55 3 6
5 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 189.33 7 5
6 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 185.02 5 8
7 Brandon MROZ USA 181.80 11 4
8 Shawn SAWYER CAN 179.58 8 7
9 Florent AMODIO FRA 171.65 9 9
10 Ivan TRETIAKOV RUS 164.30 6 10
11 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 149.91 10 11

Congratulation, Evgeny!!
Evgeny is so amazing!! His jumps are great as he was.
4T-3T 3A 3A-2T 3Lo 3F 3Lz 3S 2A
Actually, he made the fact that nobody is going to be a Olympics Champion without a quad.

hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:34 am

I'll tell one thing about CoR: Takahiko Kozuka's short program is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I love you sunny king

When I saw it for the first time on youtube a month or so ago, as a gala-number, I wasn't impressed as much as with his skate in CoR. Wow, wow, wow. The guy isn't from this planet.

I keep clicking on replay button, and can't get enough of it. Gone completely hysterical affraid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:23 am

Hello everyone, it's me again )) I'm back from the Free Skate Day and I'll try to deliver my impressions of men and ladies. Plushenko's jumps were great. I've seen nothing but those countless triples. Oh yes, and Marton was there with Zhenya on the ice (in his music, I mean Smile)
Sorry for not having seen Takahiko, but I was too distracted after Johnny's performance. So I won't say anything about both of them. Just I guess Kozuka deserved his silver.
Girls: oh poor Mao ((((( Is it the motivation thing, really? It's awful. Seems like she completely depends mentally on her first triple axel . If she falls then she loses it all. The 5th place is not hers!
Miki was gorgeos, totally amazing! Her "Cleopatra" already seems to be my favorite routine for this season!

Hi, Leode! You know, honestly I don't like this score. I'd be happy if it was like this:
Kozuka
Weir
Plushenko
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi:
Here's what I thought about Cup of Russia.

Plushy--great jumps but weak steps and spins. However he has charisma!
His performance was riveting, I wonder why Kozuka's skating, which I believe superior to Plushy technically did not draw me in as much as Plushy.

Kozuka-great skating, gorgeous edges, great spins. Just needs some spice to
it.

Ando-She did OK. However I never like her skating because of her upper body posture. Not beautiful, always have slight forward stoop, which makes her entire skating look second rate despite of her superior skating. Also her arm movement did not come from the core. Looks like she just moving the arms aimlessly, as opposed to Dai's beautiful arm movement that always involves his body. I have no idea why Morosov does not fix it.

Mao--Poor thing. Her jumps looked so strong at the open practice just before season started. Now she is losing other jumps too.
But I truly believe that she is a skating genius. Her basic skating, spiral, spins and steps are definitely world's best. Time to bring in sports psychologist seriously.

That's it. Thank you for reading!!

I also loved Davis/White. They look like they have just come out of
Romantic novel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Thank you for the report, Euphoria!!

Euphoria wrote:
Plushenko's jumps were great. I've seen nothing but those countless triples.
His jumps were scarily awesome! affraid affraid They were very beautiful with height and tight rotation. He did 4T and 3As in Ex too, didn't he? What a man!! Cool

hsuhs wrote:
I keep clicking on replay button, and can't get enough of it. Gone completely hysterical
Well, so you are now officially Takahiko's die-hard fan? Rolling Eyes Are you forgeting about Dai-chan??? What a Face drunken
I'm kidding. Actually I had the same experience when I saw his R&J last year. Cool Cool

Genki wrote:
Mao--Poor thing. Her jumps looked so strong at the open practice just before season started. Now she is losing other jumps too.
But I truly believe that she is a skating genius. Her basic skating, spiral, spins and steps are definitely world's best. Time to bring in sports psychologist seriously.
ITA. Neutral
For my eyes, it looked like she was skating screaming for help. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Miki's and Takahiko's exhibition numbers were so amazing yesterday!
But I must say that Kozuka borrowed some movements from Dai's Hip-hop Swan Lake )))) Really! And when he did this...thing with his shirt (we couldn't understand what and why that was - too fast), everyone of the audience were like "wow!-wait!-what?".
I'm a new fan of Miki, it's officially now, after her ex. She's outshone all the other girls. Gonna download her performance right now )))
By the way, I've made a pic of her, congradulated and asked her to say hello to Daisuke (without even "please", geez!). Do you think it was too rude of me? *embarrassed* But everything happened too quickly and I had no time to even think of more polite form. Anyway, I have very little hope that Dai will get greetings from Russia but still it was nice to say a couple of words to my new idol, haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Rostelecom Cup....can't really get used to the name. Laughing

I have two major impressions from this GP event - one is Mao, the other is Plushenko.

I am in a million depressions for Mao-chan. Sad Sad Sad Sad The past 2 seasons have been bad for her. For the first time in her career, she did not medal at a GP and will not make the GPF. It is so obvious her arrangements with Tarasova are not working out. Tarasova said she has not been with Mao in Nagoya since August!!! It seems to me everything is wrong. The music is so heavy for the wonderfully light skater, her jump technique is down the drain, the 3-3 is gone and she's getting downgrades even on her 3Lo, which I think was one of her better jumps. Obviously relying only on the 3A is a catastrophe. If something doesn't change, I am really afraid she will not even make the Olympic team, and if she does, God forbid, end outside the podium. I want happy and confident Mao back!!! Crying or Very sad

Plushenko - wow, what a comeback. His jumps were really great. The man did more quads and 3As in the competition and exhibition than all the men did last season combined (well almost...) Laughing

He totally deserved the win, but as for the rest of his programs, there was not much more than great jumps...his spins are bad and the footwork easy, and choreography, were there any? It seems the judges saw something I didn't see. Rolling Eyes I am quite worried he will win another gold in Vancouver and there are so many other skaters I would rather see before him - of course Dai-chan more than anyone, but also Lambiel, Oda, Verner and even Chan. Those guys really have to bring their BEST to beat him. If they don't I am sure the judges will reward Plushenko the gold.

Miki has the prettiest dress so far this season - I loved Cleopatra!

And Takahiko. I've been a fan since I saw him live in Gothenburg. I think his PCSs are so low because the judges see him as the Japanese 3rd man - which of course is unfair. His skating is so buttah!!!

Thank you Euphoria for your reports from the arena. Enjoyed reading them! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Euphoria wrote:
By the way, I've made a pic of her, congradulated and asked her to say hello to Daisuke (without even "please", geez!). Do you think it was too rude of me? *embarrassed* But everything happened too quickly and I had no time to even think of more polite form.
You are so CUTE, Euphoria!!! flower
Yes, Miki is so lovely. I love you

Artemis wrote:
If something doesn't change, I am really afraid she will not even make the Olympic team
Mao has announced she would not change anything right after the competition. I'm so sad to hear that. At least she definitely needed to think of it taking more time with calm state of mind. Then I could feel sympathy with her because I know 3A is her identity, even if it would not be the best decision for her.
Now, should I say "She is a stubborn" ? Oh it's too sad. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

miyu wrote:
Well, so you are now officially Takahiko's die-hard fan? Rolling Eyes Are you forgeting about Dai-chan??? What a Face drunken
I'm kidding. Actually I had the same experience when I saw his R&J last year. Cool Cool

Nope, not a die-hard (yet?) Very Happy Laughing
But, OMG, the guy can skate! cheers Ppl on other boards say Takahiko's too reserved in his skating, looks down instead of keeping his chip up and look at the audience, and this affects his PCS. But I have a feeling Takahiko's working on his presentation.

Daisuke's too special to forget! sunny I love you king

And, of course, Evgeni Plushenko totally deserved to win in this competition. He's 110 % back jump-wise. He's landing those quads and 3A's as if they were singles Laughing Cool His fans must be on cloud 9!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanseki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Artemis wrote:

Plushenko - wow, what a comeback. His jumps were really great. The man did more quads and 3As in the competition and exhibition than all the men did last season combined (well almost...) Laughing
I'm agree - Plushenko can jump. But in his SP all jumps are done in the first 40 seconds.
In FS good jumps for sure, but I didn't like the program. For me it was too much posing, not enough transitions and skating, not enough speed, very low artistic content and what is he doing with his arms moving like crazy. There is no interesting steps. And the coreography is not so good. His "I'm the best" after his program was totally unecessary... since Nobunari Oda got 5 points more for his free skate and 2 more overall the week before in Paris. ... well, that's just my opinion...

And I think that Takahiko's performance was great. Huge jumps, good speed, good artistry.  I do like his footwork sequence a lot. His skating is just flawless and it's really nice to see him trying to show more facial expression than he did in the last season. His wink in SP is so cute! Very Happy

Miki is so lovely!
And poor Mao! I cannot see her face, she almost cry. she never had 51.94 since junior. I am worried for her, what she is going to do, this is the Olympic year and she is skating the worst I have ever seen her. I mean these programs are not even good let alone her skating. It's too sad. maybe Morozov could help her....... I hope she'll be all right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia   

Back to top Go down

Rostelecom Cup 2009 Cup of Russia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1