News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi, DTFF members!
Fron recent interview with Brian Joubert, he talked about Daisuke and other competitors.

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/dossiers/sport/index.php?res=3&spo=Z&num=1369813

Q: You will see old friends like Takahashi returning from injury, Plushenko and Lambiel coming back from their retirement. How do you feel about them? Is there any effects these returns to the competitions?

A: I watched a video of Plushenko on the web. (Ironically) To tell the truth, I hope he keeps his programs, but there's no real transitions and I'm doubtful about his quad. If you can see the video three times, you know what I mean. When we meet him at Tallinn at European Championships, I'm not scared of him. Lamiel? I don't know yet.
Takahashi? It's different for me. Because he is animated by getting a different motivation. It will be harder for me.

Q: And the others?

A:I think Tomas Berner will be the most dangerous competitor for me even if his performance is inconsistent and unstable. But he will fix it until the Bompard.

Well, I think Brian looks like so animated by returning others competitors with quads!!

anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 am

There was the Masters 2009 in Orleans last week. Brian presented his new free program created by Albena and Maxim. The music is the same as Overcome (Yagudin exhibition program in 2002). Strong choréography. He improved in transitions, spins, but...missed the quad!!!
Alban Praubert short program is funny: a jockey trying to ride a horse on Guillaume Tell ouverture!
Yannick Ponsero was not perfect. It is a pity. The programs are so nice when well skated.
The young Florent Amodio won, with intricated choreographies (Zhulin/Jeanette) , beautiful skills. He is a dancer compare to the other skaters. A great future, I think.
Interesting programs in dance: britanny dance, polynesian dance, irish dance and country for the top dancers. Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat very modern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Thank you for the information, Leode and anne-marie!

Leode wrote:
Well, I think Brian looks like so animated by returning others competitors with quads!!
ITA! Cool Cool

anne-marie wrote:
Alban Praubert short program is funny: a jockey trying to ride a horse on Guillaume Tell ouverture!
I watched some of them on youtube. Alban's SP was hilarious!! drunken And it was nice to see Brian challeging 2 quads in FP!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Brian Joubert sounds very optimistic in this interview!
Good for him Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Thank you for the information, anne-marie!
I found vid of Japanese TV documentary program featuring Brian's quads. It's going to be very interesting one.
But I'm wondering why he accepted to perform at this program before Winter Olympics.

Brian joubert japan 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal7b2qw8jo

anne-marie, we appreciate if you translate what Brian said at his interview, thank you.

Oh, BTW, Happy Birthday, Brian, Alban and Genki!!

anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Since Sunday until Saturday, six Japanese and nine French occupy the rink Poitiers closed at once to the public, in order to film the quadruple jump Brian Joubert. For this they have installed the ultra-sophisticated equipment including a camera that captures a thousand pictures per second (against twenty-four to the movies!). The result is a very slow idle.
Why Brian? because he was world champion 2 years ago in Tokyo (said the Japanese woman).
NHK has also hired the laboratory of solid mechanics at the University of Poitiers. "They want us to make scientific data on the quadruple jump of Brian," says Tony Monnet, teacher researcher. "We keep on his body 60 sensors (approximately three per bone segment) which reflect the light emitted by 20 cameras installed around the rink. Thus, we see their movements in three dimensions, we precisely measure its speed, its rotation..." The results will be provided 4 weeks later. Brian says that "technics is important, he hopes the analysis of his quad can help him how to improve this jump, and why not imagine a quintuple jump"
The documentary , which will include Brian privacy moment, will be presented just before the Olympic Games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for the translation, anne-marie!

anne-marie wrote:
"We keep on his body 60 sensors (approximately three per bone segment) which reflect the light emitted by 20 cameras installed around the rink. Thus, we see their movements in three dimensions, we precisely measure its speed, its rotation..."
I didn't understand why Brian accepted to jump quads at the place 20 cameras installed around the rink. I think it's very dangerous for him before the Oympic Games.

anne-marie wrote:
Brian says that "technics is important, he hopes the analysis of his quad can help him how to improve this jump, and why not imagine a quintuple jump"
Now, I understand what he thought. I hope everything went fine for him. Wow!! Quintuple!! I cannot imagine that! I remember, Yagdin said he was so scared when he jumped a quad-axcel during his practice.

anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:00 am

Maybe the quintuple jump is a dream, and we don't expect it in Vancouver! one day maybe skaters will do it!
Leode wrote: "I didn't understand why Brian accepted to jump quads at the place 20 cameras installed around the rink. I think it's very dangerous for him before the Oympic Games"
not dangerous at all! all the skaters (a few of them are able to do quads on a regular basis) who are at the point to have their ticket to Vancouver cannot learn now about it. It is too late when you are an adult skater, you had your training and I am sure that showing how 1 skater do quads will not help them now how to do it.
It will be interesting to detail every quad jumper and compare them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:27 am

Thank you, anne-marie.

anne-marie wrote:
not dangerous at all! all the skaters (a few of them are able to do quads on a regular basis) who are at the point to have their ticket to Vancouver cannot learn now about it. It is too late when you are an adult skater, you had your training and I am sure that showing how 1 skater do quads will not help them now how to do it.
I was just worrying about the injury. I think that it's dangerous for Brian to jump quads at narrow space like a lot of cameras installed around the rink.
I know that Daisuke was very suffering from his right knee's injury and lost last season. I hope that all figure skaters never have a injury, especially before Olympic games.

anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

We expect that Daisuke, Nobunari, Lambiel, Brian, Tomas, Alban, Lysacek, maybe Voronov will do quads at the olympics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 pm

anne-marie wrote:
We expect that Daisuke, Nobunari, Lambiel, Brian, Tomas, Alban, Lysacek, maybe Voronov will do quads at the olympics
Well well... So Yannick Ponsero won't make it.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ( Razz )
It's really really disappointing that France has only two spots!!! Suspect
And I have feeling that Jeremy would do a quad..... Rolling Eyes (it's also difficult to predict who will represent U.S., though. )

Leode wrote:
Oh, BTW, Happy Birthday, Brian, Alban and Genki!!
I'm sorry it's a bit late to say but.... Happy Birthday, Genki!! flower queen flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke   

Back to top Go down

Brian Joubert talked about Daisuke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1