News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lina11
1A
1A

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Sad Mao just 4th place:(
I didn't saw her program...but I don't think she really made so many mistakes. Maybe the referees give here less points that they had too.
Congrats Yu-Na and Miki! I'm so happy for them - specially for Miki!!!! Well done Miki-chan! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm

The only mistake I saw Mao make was a fall on the second triple axel (which ended up being downgraded). Other than that, I thought she did well although she has delivered the program better in the past. She got level 3 on her spiral sequence so that might have cost her points as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sabse
1A
1A

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Swandie, thank you! Now i feel better cat

I also didnt see Mao made more mistakes then the fall, but she lost points in the presentation, at the spins and spirals, maybe because of the fall No

In my opinion, the judges were too strict with her, i mean, i dont want to sound rude, but the american girls got too many points, they werent that good silent

Yeah and Miki was great! That was the Miki we knew before last year! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeah, swandie, it's a bit clearer now. But we need to wait for at least a month or two to know for sure (((
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Thank you for sharing your impression here, everyone! I enjoyed all of your comments. Very Happy Very Happy

Congratulations to all the medalist!! cheers cheers

Yu-na was just marvelous. flower She looked in perfect condition and definitely dominated the competition. It was like she was in a different world. Congrats to Yu-na. (However, as some of you said, I think her PCS is something over the top..... Rolling Eyes )
Joannie wasn't clean but her long time efforts were paid off. It was nice to see her on the poduim. Very Happy
Poor Carolina Kostner.... No Mr.Huth needs a strong heart to work with Tomas and Carolina....

Regarding to Japanese ledies, Miki did great jobs! Two standing-ovation programs! I have had good feeling about her since CoC. I think her EX Bolero (I love the program!) helped her to develope expression ability. I really love her recent performances. I love you
"Otsukaresama" to Fumie!! Noone expected this result of her at the begining of the season. Shocked Great!

Mao, she looked worn out even before she started skating. Sad Perhaps it was due to pressure because there aren't any news that she had physical problem... She is assigned to Worlds Team Trophy but I want to give her rest right now. Sad
According to some news reports, she's decided she would continue to work with TT next season. TT will choreograph both SP and FP and visit Japan more. I don't know their stragegy for next season but after watching her throughout this season, I'm afraid two 3A program is a bit too much for the girl. Rolling Eyes It would be more efficient spending time to work on 3-3Lo/3T because she can do it both SP and FP. OTOH, I well know her great enthusiasm for 3A. 3A is her identity.... bounce

For me, Mao at L.A. Worlds overlapped with Dai-chan at Goteborg. Both of them tried somthing as difficult as possibe to do and ended up missing the podium. They were overwhelmed by pressure... Neutral Neutral

I couldn't watch any FDs so far. I will try to make time to watch them tomorrow.

swandie wrote:
I did miss Daisuke a lot. Hopefully we can see him healthy and strong next season. After watching worlds this year, maybe he'll change his strategy especially if he can't do the quad like he used to.
Yes. Now we have quadless gold and silver medalists. (Actually Evan is capable to jump quads but he didn't do this time. ) And noone tried 2 quads in one program.

Last edited by miyu on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Finally got the time to get through the mens finals. You know, this was no where near as exciting as I would have wanted it to be. I want to go back to Gothenburg last year.... Ah well. A few thought on the event then:

- Dennis Ten, what an amazing young talent. Absolutely fabulous. Amazing. Fantastic. This is going to be a fun journey for both him and us. Smile

- Kristoffer and Adrian.... *shakes head* You make me feel so sad... That was nowhere near your best. Only one spot for next year. And when it comes to the Olys it might not even be one... Apparantly the Swedish Olympic Commity have a criteria that anyone they send have to have a chance of a top 8 placement. Good luck with that.... They'll be hearing from the figure skating fans for sure if they don't send at least one (most likely Adrian, since he is in their "talent-program")

- And Oda did it again.... Can't imagine how many point he must have lost on making such a misstake. Morozov needs to learn his disciples to count.

- My dearest Yannick... What on earth was that? A gorgeous 4T, and then... Nothing. Apparantly France put their bet on the wrong person this time around....

- Patrick Chan. Loved both of his programs. I would've wanted him to win (because I donät like Evan). But really.... Did you have to trash Brian like that afterwards? I understand a few of his points, but you needn't be rude like that. Where is the sportsmanship?

- Tomas Verner, finally a (almost) perfect FS! That made me rally happy. I've never really enjoyd this years FS, but it fwlt so good seeing him in good shape, like old times.

- Evan. Congratulations. I don't like him. Never have. Never wil. But he did deserve that gold medal. Awesome to pull of that at home.

- Brian.... I really do feel for him. Talk about anticlimax. I think I lost my breath when he fell. What a way to end this competition..... And you haven't even complained about the two before them not having a quad. Good boy. Better luck next year.

Other than that.... I enjoyed many of the skaters, a few disappointments, but overall a good competition. But I'm hoping next year will be even better. Wich it has to of course, since Dai will be there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:07 pm

alekzu wrote:
- Dennis Ten, what an amazing young talent. Absolutely fabulous. Amazing. Fantastic. This is going to be a fun journey for both him and us.
Indeed! He is an amazing 15yo.

alekzu wrote:
- Kristoffer and Adrian.... *shakes head* You make me feel so sad... That was nowhere near your best.
Did they have any physical problem or something? Rolling Eyes

alekzu wrote:
And when it comes to the Olys it might not even be one...
Do you mean there is possibility Sweden won't send anyone to Olympics??
I like them who have distinguished, fun character. It's already disappointing we will see only one of them at Olympics....

alekzu wrote:
(most likely Adrian, since he is in their "talent-program")
So Kristoffer isn't in their "talent-program". Because he is old?? bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 am

miyu wrote:

Did they have any physical problem or something? Rolling Eyes :

Kristoffer had an operation last year, and as you know by now his season has been all but great ever since. But then again, Kristoffer has always had his ups and downs. I suppose that's just the way it is with him. He's not getting younger either.... Adrian did injure his foot not too long ago. He's been sick, cold or something, this year as well. And on top of that his skates broke like three weeks ago. It's really gotten to his mind, so considering all that and that he's had a bad season he did great this competition.

miyu wrote:
Do you mean there is possibility Sweden won't send anyone to Olympics??
I like them who have distinguished, fun character. It's already disappointing we will see only one of them at Olympics....

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Stupid SOK.... Stupid criterias.... I had never heard of this before. It's not like Kristoffer ever had a chance of doing that before. But last time he was in the talent-program. Suppose that helped. Next year is going to be rough on the guys... One spot (hopefully) for Olympics and one for Worlds. What a drama....

miyu wrote:
So Kristoffer isn't in their "talent-program". Because he is old?? bounce

No, I don't think that was it. He didn't do any good results. I think. Or it was something else. I'll ask my best friend. She'll know for sure. But both Adrian and Alexander Majorov is in it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nipponophile
1A
1A

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:44 pm

HOW MUCH did I miss Dai at the Worlds this year? I mean, I like Evan and was happy he won, but he is definitely not the lyrical, expressive performer like Dai. Patrick's programs I find to be rather dull (as Brian's are, I'm afraid) and disappointed to hear he felt the need to publicly diss other skaters - something Daisuke would never do. All in all, a relatively disappointing Worlds for the Japanese men, and (relatively) for the women too...but congratulations to Miki and the rest of the team for doing its best. But soooo looking forward to see Japan's ACE on the ice again. DAISUKE FOR GOLD IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Yeah i also felt a little sad for the japanese skater, because Miki was more better then Joannie Rochette in my opinion!

And i wonder if somewhere is an interview or a statement of Mao after the worlds, because i always seeing fluffs and everything about Yuna, but i would like to see of Mao, can someone tell me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:05 pm

alekzu wrote:
Next year is going to be rough on the guys... One spot (hopefully) for Olympics and one for Worlds. What a drama....
Thank you for your answer! Very Happy
It reminds me of Dai-chan and Nobu in 05-06 season. Good luck to them! Very Happy

Sabse wrote:
i wonder if somewhere is an interview or a statement of Mao after the worlds,
After Worlds, it seems even crazy Japanese media leaves her quiet. It's a nice thing to do.
Today Mao attended at the entrance ceremony of Chukyo Univ with Takahito Mura and Rumi Suizu.
Mao entered School of Health and Sport Sciences of Chukyo Univ.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/090401/spm0904011133002-p8.htm
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/090401/spm0904011133002-p3.htm (very cute simle)
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/090401/spm0904011133002-p7.htm

I saw Miki on a TV show this morning. She looked happy. What was impressive was she was happy especially this time because she went to L.A. aiming to get a medal while she didn't expect any medal at all the last time when she won a gold in Tokyo. She couldn't practice jumps for a week or so due to injury but she practiced a lot her steps and spins during that time. She said consequently it worked well to get good PCS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 am

Just got through the ladies short. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of this WC. Just the final and gala left. We'll see how far I get tomorrow. No big comments for this. Loved Mikis performance. Great to see her being back on track. Love little Mao, so I am quite sorry to see mistakes like that. But wow..... 76 points for Yu-na?! I am so going to check out the judges score. She's got to have some insane GOE. Very impressive, although Yu-na is still not one of my personal favourites. I am so sad that Viktoria Helgesson didn't make to the finals.... The mens got at least one spot for the Olympics. She's got to qualify to get one.... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Thank you very much for the link miyu! Mao is very cute and its good to see her laugh again, because she seemed to be very disappointed after the WC! flower
Sadly i can not read that, so i dont know anything there silent

But think its very cool that she enroll the university!
She became adult so fast *lol* cat She is not the cute little Mao anymore lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 am

And that was that. Ladies finals finished. A big congratulations to Yu-na. A marvellous skate. I felt sorry for Mao not making the podium. But she's young and she'll come back stronger than ever next year. Gold in Vancouver! Ah. but Carolina.... That was so heartbreaking to watch.... I saw Tomas melt-down live last year. Never again. I am so happy I wasn't there watching.... And it's such a beautiful program as well. Poor Carolina. I hope she'll be able to get back on track next season. Now I need to go to sleep. I hoep I'll be able too watch the gala tomorrow. Otherwise it won't be done until Sunday. Just a week behind the rest of the world.. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:56 pm

The gala was very great! cheers

I loved Mao´s skate and im so in love with that Tango-Programm! cat
And i was thinking, why didnt you have flirted with the audience like this in the free skate? No

But we can not change things happen, ne! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Watched the gala yesterday. Didn't have time to write. It was okay. To many Americans. (Yes, I have something against them). Mao did a terrific EX. Very nice. She should have that as LP. I didn't like that Miki skated to Bolero. I hate Bolero. Just as much as I hate Carmen. Tomas skate was awesome! Now THAT'S the Tomas I want to see on the ice. Wink And if I hadn't fallen for Patrick already, I certainly did it now. That EX was so beautiful.... I love that song. And he skated marvellously to it. I watched 3 times before I went to bed. I don't care if he's a jerk in person. If he keeps on skating liker that, I am going to enjoy it to the fullest. <3

And so finally.... The WC 2009 have oficially ended. For me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 am

Sabse wrote:
I loved Mao´s skate and im so in love with that Tango-Programm!
And i was thinking, why didnt you have flirted with the audience like this in the free skate?

I think it would be a nice idea for her using this Tango as her SP or something next season. Rolling Eyes

alekzu wrote:
And so finally.... The WC 2009 have oficially ended. For me.
Congratulations!! However World Team Trophy will start next week! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 am

miyu wrote:
Congratulations!! However World Team Trophy will start next week! Razz Razz

Yeah, I know. But I have no way of following it (that I know of) so I'm afraid the season has pretty much ended for me now. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   

Back to top Go down

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3