News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Sabse wrote:
Im not so familar with the rules, but could it be, that Japan lost the 3rd spot now that Mura finished 15th? That would be very sad Crying or Very sad
Im a little disappointed about the jap. skaters, they were so good before! pale
Nothing to worry about, Sabse, really. Only the 2 highest places count: Takahiko's 6th and Nobunari's 7th together give us a sum of 13, the exact number of points needed for 3 entries next year.

I can't say I'm really disappointed with the results of the Japanese men: I enjoyed Takahiko's programs, and Nobunari Oda landed a tough 4T+3T combination in the LP. Takahito Mura delivered a nice debut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:20 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Sabse wrote:
Im not so familar with the rules, but could it be, that Japan lost the 3rd spot now that Mura finished 15th? That would be very sad Crying or Very sad
Im a little disappointed about the jap. skaters, they were so good before! pale
Nothing to worry about, Sabse, really. Only the 2 highest places count: Takahiko's 6th and Nobunari's 7th together give us a sum of 13, the exact number of points needed for 3 entries next year.

I can't say I'm really disappointed with the results of the Japanese men: I enjoyed Takahiko's programs, and Nobunari Oda landed a tough 4T+3T combination in the LP. Takahito Mura delivered a nice debut.

Ah thats good, hen i am very relieved sunny Thank you very much! *hug*

I only see the results yet, not the perfomences because of the time difference, but i will watch it as soon as i am home bounce

i still can not believe that Evan Lysachek won the gold medal, even the german eurosport commentry guys aid, that he is not in form and will not get a medal lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Sabse wrote:
i still can not believe that Evan Lysachek won the gold medal, even the german eurosport commentry guys aid, that he is not in form and will not get a medal lol!

Oh sure, Sabse, you're welcome.

Evan Lysacek, in my opinion, dealt with the pressure better than the other guys this time. Besides, he skated at home, and the audience loved him. Everything fell into place for him.

Last edited by hsuhs on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Sabse wrote:

Oh sure, Sabre, you're welcome.

Evan Lysacek, in my opinion, dealt with the pressure better than the other guys this time. Besides, he skated at home, and the audience loved him. Everything fell into place for him.

Yeah you are right, it must be very hard to skate in your home country! silent
And he didnt even need the quad, if i read the things right ~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Thank you for the result, Lina11. Very Happy

Conglatulations to the medalists! cheers cheers

Especially Evan who showed us two clean programs with passion and determination at his home! cheers cheers cheers

In fact until the very last moment of Brian's FP, I thought he would win. But then that nasty fall took victory away from him. No I've never seen him so shocked...... Sad Sad
I wanted him to win here after reading about the battle between Brian and Patrick....

Contesti is an lovely entertainer!! I asked myself, "Is this a gala program?" I love him! I love you
BTW, does anyone know if Mr.Camerlengo choreographed this program? There is the name Camerlengo as a choreographer in his ISU bio. Contesti got nice PCS, so can I expect the same thing for La Strada?? Rolling Eyes

Did everybody see Denis Ten from KAZ.? What a talent! Shocked He's only 15yo.

Nobu landed a quad at competition for the first time ever in his career. Big and gorgeous. It was his best performance throughout this season. Very Happy But he did it again. Suspect It's the third time, I think. He made the same mistake at 2006,2007 and 2009 Worlds. It was lucky that Japan could get 3 spots.
I have to say Japanese male skaters including Dai-chan and Nobu, are not good at numbers...
Kozu was a bit tensed but did a great job. I admire his determination for getting 3 spots for Japan, which he said everytime when he was interviewed. Very Happy Very Happy Mura did a good job as a debutant. His dream is to become 4A jumper. God knows. Cool

And poor Yannick....................................... Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Thank you all. I enjoyed reading your comments!

Congratulations to Evan! Very Happy two great programs, he did everything well, so he deserved this gold medal. I'm happy for him, especially after this difficult season... he was out of the GPF, but now he's the world champion! Like Jeffrey last year...

My personal winner is Patrick Chan! I love this guy! He has the best skating IMO (together with Kozuka). Not only jumps... every element in his program has a great quality (he had 9 points for GOE)... and he also had level 4 for CiSt! Congatulation Patrick! Very Happy

I don't like Joubert very much but I'm so sad for his fall on the last jump... Poor Brian. No

Samuel Contesti: he was great! This program is gorgeous! (I don't know about the choreographer... I'm asking about this) All italian fans are celebrating him today! cheers

Maybe Takahiko expected something more, but I think he could be happy for his season. Now he's a top skater, everybody knows him and many people love him! Me too! alien

Nobunari... great combo! But, what did you do? When I was watching the competition last night I was shocked pale ... When he started skating, I started counting his combos... I had in my mind what had happened to him, but also to Daisuke in the past years... Maybe anyone (even Morozov) understood what was happened. They were so happy... Poor Nobunari...

BTW, they got 3 spots fo Olympic Games! and this is a great news! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 am

Yeah the thing with Nobunari was very bad! The commentary guys said, he lost around 15 points because of that! Mad That was the bronze medal Crying or Very sad
And he really did it that often already? Maybe he should study the rules ~~

I remember Daisuke did it last year at the worlds too and lost bronze medal through it No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 am

Nobu did too many combos again?!?! I guess that's why I call it the "Oda mistake". Still he landed the quad-triple and that was a huge victory for him.

Anyway, big congrats to Evan!!!! He had an excellent competition!! Patrick did pretty well too although he messed up his jumps. Brian was kind of blah to me but his quad was great. I'm surprised he decided against the second one though.

Kozu...I was hoping he'd stay in the top 5 so he could be in the EX but still, he had a great competition. I'm sure he'll stick around for Sochi so it's only just the beginning for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:59 am

Yes, Evan was great, especially in the last spin! I was so laughing as he rised his hands full of joy in middle of the spin, because he knew he was great!! cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:26 am

swandie wrote:
Nobu did too many combos again?!?! I guess that's why I call it the "Oda mistake". Still he landed the quad-triple and that was a huge victory for him.
Yeah, he first landed that beautiful 4T+3T combo (got a + 1.40 GOE for it, too) and probably became too overwhelmed or something, maybe thought the toughest part was over. His next jump was a 3A, the landing was tight and he couldn't do it in combination with another jump.

His second 3A was a good one and he could easily turn it into a combo if he wanted to, but he didn't. He forgot a second 3A would be automatically counted as a jump sequence, a 3A+SEQ. It's really a shame Nobunari did that 3F+2T+2Lo later in his program practically for nothing, got 0 points for it. But those are the rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina11
1A
1A

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:53 am

I didn't notice that Nobu did more combos than it should be. Anyway he was glad with his score..so I think.

Ladies

Result

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Yu-Na KIM KOR
76.12 1
2 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN
67.90 2
3 Mao ASADA JPN
66.06 3
4 Miki ANDO JPN
64.12 4
5 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
63.18 5
6 Laura LEPISTÖ FIN
59.66 6
7 Rachael FLATT USA
59.30 7
8 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO
58.82 8
9 Fumie SUGURI JPN
58.40 9
10 Sarah MEIER SUI
58.36 10
11 Alena LEONOVA RUS
58.18 11
12 Susanna PÖYKIÖ FIN
57.12 12
13 Elena GLEBOVA EST
55.90 13
14 Alissa CZISNY USA
53.28 14
15 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
53.14 15
16 Ivana REITMAYEROVA SVK
52.98 16
17 Na-Young KIM KOR
51.50 17
18 Annette DYTRT GER
51.04 18
19 Candice DIDIER FRA
50.16 19
20 Anna JURKIEWICZ POL
45.60 20
21 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR
45.52 21
22 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR
44.24 22
23 Kerstin FRANK AUT
43.20 23
24 Ana Cecilia CANTU MEX
41.58 24
25 Tamar KATZ ISR
40.62 25
26 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP
39.04 26
27 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
38.98 27
28 Chaochih LIU TPE
38.06 28
29 Gracielle Jeanne TAN PHI
37.74 29
30 Nella SIMAOVA CZE
37.44 30
31 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB
37.38 31
32 Emma HAGIEVA AZE
36.76 32
33 Cheltzie LEE AUS
35.46 33
34 Irina MOVCHAN UKR
35.06 34
35 Teodora POSTIC SLO
33.66 35
36 Roxana LUCA ROU
33.28 36
37 Tamami ONO HKG
32.70 37
38 Zanna PUGACA LAT
32.42 38
39 Bianka PADAR HUN
32.10 39
40 Isabelle PIEMAN BEL
32.04 40
41 Sonia RADEVA BUL
31.98 41
42 Yan LIU CHN
31.14 42
43 Victoria MUNIZ PUR
30.94 43
44 Lejeanne MARAIS RSA
30.92 44
45 Charissa TANSOMBOON THA
29.04 45
46 Mirna LIBRIC CRO
28.90 46
47 Maria PAPASOTIRIOU GRE
28.32 47
48 Beatrice ROZINSKAITE LTU
28.24 48
49 Ksenia JASTSENJSKI SRB
27.62 49
50 Merovee EPHREM MON
25.30 50
51 Stacy PERFETTI BRA
25.24 51
52 Clara PETERS IRL
23.64 52
53 Yoniko Eva WASHINGTON IND
19.68 53
WD Sonja MUGOSA MNE

I think Yu-Na Kim is already the champion. 10 points in front of Joannie and Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 am

Yep, it looks like Yu-Na's title to lose at this point. It's going to be an uphill climb for Mao and Miki could definitely sneak in for the bronze if Mao has mistakes in the free.
Back to top Go down
Lina11
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:28 am

well, I hope Mao and Miki will be on the podium Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Lina11 wrote:
well, I hope Mao and Miki will be on the podium Razz

Yeah me too, but i really want Yuna Kim become the world champion! Mao can get silver and Miki bronze, then i would be very happy cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina11
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:50 am

Well I guess it will be no problem with Yu-Na being the champion. 10 points in front of Mao. She must have ma lot of mistakes to lose this advantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:47 am

Lina11 wrote:
Well I guess it will be no problem with Yu-Na being the champion. 10 points in front of Mao. She must have ma lot of mistakes to lose this advantage.

Yeah, but wasnt she in the same position 2 years ago and fell twice then? pale
And last year she also made a big mistake! I just can not wait to watch it, stupid Eurosport will it broadcast at sunday evening, that sucks Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 am

I think I might have jinxed Mao when I said Miki could sneak in for bronze. I'm sad for her. Her first triple axel was gorgeous though. I think Mao had a pretty rough season with the changes she had made. I hope she can come back strong next year. I'm very happy for Miki though. She was great! Joannie Rochette as well.

Yu-Na deserved to win but I'm not so sure about the scores. She had a very strong performance save a popped jump but I don't think a score of over 130 was warranted for some reason. Still, it was a great moment for her. Congratulations to all the medalists.

Ladies is quickly becoming my least favorite discipline. They showed Evan's winning long program at the end of the broadcast in the US and I enjoyed that a lot more than Yu-Na's winning performance.
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:01 am

*dodges all results*

Got through the Icedancing finals yesterday. I am totally in love with C/L from Italy. That program is soooo beautiful. And V/M... Wow! They are so awesome. They're going to rule the icedancingworld in just a few years. Congratulations to all of the medalists here! Just a quiestion though.... Will Italy now lose a spot for next year. considering C/L placed 10th and F/S 8th? I never seem to remember how and when the rules change if you have 2 or 3 competing. But I want both of them to compete..... France lost a spot, right? But then again, as long as they have at least two I'm happy.

And I curse the commentators for swedish Eurosport. This is what I get for not watching things in chronological order. They spoiled mens result for me.... I'll be watching that later tonight, after work, so I'll be dopping in commenting on it then. But I am not very happy at this point... At this rate I'll have finished watching WC by Thursday or Friday. Yay....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 am

Italy will have 2 dance teams at the Olympics. The same rules apply with 2 entries as it does with 3: Placements of 2 teams have to add up to 13 for 3 spots and to 24 for 2 spots. The rule changes if there's only one entry. A top 10 finish is required in order to secure 2 spots.

France did lose a spot. Pechalat and Bourzat and Carron and Jost's placements add up to 14, one too many for 3 spots.
Back to top Go down
dilemma
1A
1A

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:58 am

Hi,everyone,every Dai-fan,I haven't been here for a long time and I missed the men's competition of this worlds due to heavy work Sad
First of all,I wanna say that I miss Dai chan so much Embarassed .His programs--eye and La Strada --seems to be amazing and worth expecting Very Happy I wish he will soon be discharged from the injury and pain and practice regularly, so that we can enjoy his skating again Embarassed (maybe a little selfish to think so)
Then,congratulations to Japanese skating! Although Oda and Kozuka did not do very well in the worlds,they succeeded to get 3 entries for Jap Men skating for the Olympics,by the worst possible rankings(6+7=13) Surprised .It means Daisuke can definitely go for the Olympics as long as he recovers enough Very Happy And I don't think Daisuke should put too much pressure on himself ,although that would be his second Olympic journey...
Just be relaxed and try to keep healthy,Dai-Chan cheers
One thing that really arouse our attention is that Oda made the same mistake this year as What Daisuke did last year,that they did invalid combos... What a shame they both lose marks by such a mistake! Crying or Very sad
So I think they should pay more attention to such a point and try to keep calm even if they make mistakes in the competitions.
Good luck to Daisuke!!! for his skating career cheers Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:10 am

Hi dilemma! Nice to see you posting again. I actually thought Kozu did very well here. He was seen as a potential medal contender coming in though so maybe 6th seems like a letdown to some. Plus, I thought he was underscored in the short. As for Nobu...he has made the combination mistake at every world championships he's been to (which is why I have called it the "infamous Oda mistake"). I guess the pressure of worlds makes him lose focus.

I did miss Daisuke a lot. Hopefully we can see him healthy and strong next season. After watching worlds this year, maybe he'll change his strategy especially if he can't do the quad like he used to.
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:44 pm

swandie wrote:
Italy will have 2 dance teams at the Olympics. The same rules apply with 2 entries as it does with 3: Placements of 2 teams have to add up to 13 for 3 spots and to 24 for 2 spots. The rule changes if there's only one entry. A top 10 finish is required in order to secure 2 spots.

France did lose a spot. Pechalat and Bourzat and Carron and Jost's placements add up to 14, one too many for 3 spots.

Ah. I'll try to remember it until next time. Smile Just one thought though: isn't it 27, and not 24, that has to be the max total of the two top plecements? Cause I remember our Swedish boys just made it, their placements being 13th and 14th (thanks to a certain czech that had a meltdown), last year. Or is there a difference for the Olympics and WC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 pm

swandie wrote:
After watching worlds this year, maybe he'll change his strategy especially if he can't do the quad like he used to.
Hi swandie. What do you mean by that "can't do the quad like he used to"? Did Dai say something about that or it's just an assumtion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Euphoria wrote:
swandie wrote:
After watching worlds this year, maybe he'll change his strategy especially if he can't do the quad like he used to.
Hi swandie. What do you mean by that "can't do the quad like he used to"? Did Dai say something about that or it's just an assumtion?

That would i like to know too pale

Btw, its damn sad for Mao finishing 4th in the end No
Its kind of her worst for long, isnt it? I can not remember seeing her not being on the podeum, if im honst study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh! Embarassed Embarassed I didn't mean to scare anyone! Dai hasn't said anything about...well anything in a while. The title and the silver medal here were won without quads so I was thinking that Dai may change his strategy if it turns out that his quad is not as consistent as it used to be. I'm not assuming anything; I just threw it out as a possibility given how serious the injury was. However, he could definitely come back better than ever! That I would love to see! I hope things are clearer for you, Sabse and Euphoria and that I haven't freaked you out again.

alekzu, you're right, it is 27 for 2 spots. For some reason I was thinking of 24.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009   

Back to top Go down

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next