News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks for posting, na1129. Even if it's not official just yet, I have to admit I got very excited when I read it. If it is true, he should be back on the ice in time to prepare for Japanese nationals. I have a feeling that NHK is out of the question.

I know we can't breathe just yet but I have a feeling that we will be able to soon. All the best for Dai's recovery and triumphant debut! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you, na1129 and Yshion! Very Happy
I really hope Daisuke is getting better...
... but I prefer to wait for an official announcement...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
1A
1A

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:16 pm

glorydave wrote:
Thank you, na1129 and Yshion! Very Happy
I really hope Daisuke is getting better...
... but I prefer to wait for an official announcement...
I agree with you.

I wonder why we haven't heard anything official. I hope no news is good news.

We are thinking about you, Daisuke!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veresk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm

It is disturbing that there are no official news, but I hope all goes well. NHK Trophy without changes while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm

I also wonder why we haven't heard more about Dai's injury...

Right now the only scenario that crosses my mind is that the results of the exam were "fairly good" and that the Japanese federation and the sponsors are hoping that Dai can still skate at the NHK trophy. That would explain why nobody's making any announcement. But that also makes me worry that they'll push Dai to skate and compete too early... I know the NHK trophy is an important competition for Japanese skaters and their fans, but I'd rather have him skip it and come back later - healthy.

Dai-chan, please be careful and take enough time to let your knee heal fully and properly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm

MissC, this is just the same way I've being thinking for the last week. They're still not sure completely about Dai's participation in NHK but they want him to go there. And probably he's already back on the ice, having practices. Recently Dai showed us his love for secrets so who knows... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:39 am

I read on an Italian site about some changes in NHK Trophy.
ISU has updated the entries these days and Daisuke is still expected to partecipate.

I hope he's getting better, but I totally quote MissC:
MissC wrote:
Dai-chan, please be careful and take enough time to let your knee heal fully and properly!

I'm waiting for news... bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks for the info, glorydave. It says it got updated yesterday and Virtue and Moir are out as I expected they would be.

MissC, it's definitely possible that the JSF is waiting until the last minute to announce whether Dai will indeed make NHK. I think Dai has learned enough not to return to the ice before his body is ready. His ultimate goal this season is worlds and I'm sure the JSF is thinking about spots to the Olympics. While Nobu and Takahiko Kozuka are certainly capable of getting it done, having Dai there would definitely help.

I'm hoping they're not rushing him back because I would really hate to see him hurting throughout the season because he didn't recover completely.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi everyone. Very Happy Still there aren't any news in Japan. Neutral

MissC, Euphoria, that's what I've been thinking this week. Rolling Eyes
I've checked ISU's entry table every day. (To be honest, I've been checking it every hour. What a Face )
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1197
I saw Sergei Dobrin was crossed out a few days ago and replaced by Peter Liebers. However Dai-chan's name is still there.

If his injury was serious one like a torn ACL, his withdrawal would have been already announced. (I feel a little bit lighter now.)
I think it's unlikely that JSF or NHK pushs him to compete. But I worry about the case he himself wants badly to compete at NHK. I worry if his fighting spirit leads him to a wrong decision..... No
Maybe I worry too much. He is a very clever guy so he will make a right decision at the end, I believe. Very Happy Very Happy

swandie wrote:
It says it got updated yesterday and Virtue and Moir are out as I expected they would be.
You were disappointed by the news, I guess, swandie. You are a ice dance lover. I like them a lot too. They are amazingly talented young pair. I hope Tessa will recover soon as well.

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euphoria
1A
1A

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:44 pm

miyu wrote:

I saw Sergei Dobrin was crossed out a few days ago

Oh, that's too bad Sad What happened to him I wonder?..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 pm

miyu wrote:

If his injury was serious one like a torn ACL, his withdrawal would have been already announced. (I feel a little bit lighter now.)

That's a very good point, miyu! I think we would have known right away if it was a torn ACL. Makes me feel a little more sure that it's not. Also, I think he would have withdrawn if he didn't think he had enough time to prepare. Hopefully that blog that said the swelling and pain went away is true and he's able to return to the ice. Hopefully, he's taking it slow though because I don't want to see him reinjured (especially during worlds).

miyu wrote:
swandie wrote:
It says it got updated yesterday and Virtue and Moir are out as I expected they would be.
You were disappointed by the news, I guess, swandie. You are a ice dance lover. I like them a lot too. They are amazingly talented young pair. I hope Tessa will recover soon as well.

Honestly, I'm not too disappointed because I expected it. Tessa is actually doing well and will be returning to the ice next week. Part of their reason for withdrawing might be that they don't have enough time to prepare since Tessa was off the ice for over two months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 6 2008
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2