News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:26 pm

What are your memorable highlight scenes in Daisuke's figure skating history? Would you give us your Best 3?

Here is Daisuke's memorable highlights Best 3

1. Worlds 2007 in Tokyo 2nd
I never forget the roaring from the audience before I performed straight line step in Free Skating "Phantom of the Opera".

2. Trophee Eric Bompard 2003 (I think this was 2004) 11th
The short program was 3rd, but I've never done so much mistakes in Free Skating program before.

3. Worlds 2008 in Sweden 4th
In some way, this competition's result improved and encouraged myself to do next step.

glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 am

Thank you for this topic, Leode!

It's really difficult to choose only 3 moments...
but here is my Daisuke's memorable highlights:

1. Worlds 2007 alien
I never forget not only the roaring of the audience during Phantom of the Opera, but also Dai's reaction at the end of his performance!

2. 4CC 2008
Both SP and FP... I think the best performance in his career so far! And don't forget the world's record! king

3. Worlds 2005
Maybe this world championship is not so important in Daisuke's career, but it was the first time I saw him and since then I fall in love with his skating! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:21 am

1. Skate Canada 2006
I watched Daisuke skating for the 1st time, on my computer. Who is this guy??!! There is something special about his skating. And he's cute! What's his name again?

2. Worlds 2007, SP
3rd after that SP. But he didn't give up and came back strong. And won that silver.

3. 4CC 2008
He's shown what kinds of things he's capable of.

4. Worlds 2008
The 1st time I saw him skating, with my very eyes. He was incredibly fast and powerful on the ice. He had an energetic aura about him, as if he never gets tired. He did countless 4T's in the official practice, not all of them were flawless, but he kept doing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Thanks for posting, glorydave and hsuhs!! Very Happy I really enjoyed reading your best 3 at Daisuke's history!

Here is mine!!

1. Worlds 2007 king
Yes, as glorydave wrote, I also never forget not only the roaring of the audience during Phantom of the Opera but also I was very impressed that I never seen that Daisuke has cried in front of audience before and I knew that he obviously had a lot of pressure at the worlds in front of home crowd. And Daisuke won the first silver medal as Japanese men!!

2. Skate Canada 2006 queen
When I saw his Short Program "Concert for Violin and Orchestra", his Straight Line step sequence was amazing and very airy as fit with the violin's tune for each his movements and strokes. I can remember this scene in my mind any time.

3. 4CC 2008 cheers
Yes!! Daisuke broke world's record!! I was very glad that he performed Free Skating program "Romeo and Juliet"(my favorite music) perfectly!! It was awesome!! I never forget his big smile at Kiss & Cry.

swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Only 3?!?! Does anyone really care if I cheat a little and do 4?

1. 4CC 2008
World record! He was so relaxed throughout too...it was great! I only wish he could have felt the same way at Worlds.

2. Worlds 2007
He had a hand down on the quad but other than that, he was superb! Dai handled being in front of the home crowd so well. He really made Japan proud. But what I remember most was the tears at the end of his long program. I actually predicted he would win the silver medal but I could have never predicted that magic moment. I thought it was sweetest thing...it filled me with joy to see it. Brian may have won gold but I think Dai won a lot of hearts that night.

3. Grand Prix Final 2006
It wasn't Dai's finest moment but it was very memorable to me. That whole competition was cursed! No Miki and Dai both got the stomach flu before the free program. Dai looked like he was either going to pass out or throw up throughout his long program and even though his body was telling him to quit, he was determined to finish the competition. Part of me thought he should have withdrawn so that he wouldn't make himself sicker but another part of me was proud of him for pushing through the illness to finish (and take the silver medal). I was amazed he didn't splatter himself all over the ice. I can't pinpoint the exact moment I became a fan of Dai but I think this event had a lot to do with why I like him so much.

4. 2006 Olympics
This is where I first saw Dai. I had just returned to watching figure skating and I had never heard of any of the men they were talking about except Johnny Weir and Evgeni Plushenko. They mentioned Dai a few times on Olympic Ice and after he placed 5th in the short, I watched the free hoping that he would stay in the top 5 or even medal. I was a bit sad that he dropped to 8th but watching his performances made me think that he was worth watching out for and....he was! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 am

Ummm. scratch scratch It's difficult for me to choose only 3. Anyway let's start!

1. Skate America 2005
This is the first time I was impressed with his performance. Before that I thought of him just as a kind of talented junior skater(though he was already in senior class). I was really amazed by the way he DANCED on the ice there. I was glad to know we Japanese had such a skater full of musicality and expressiveness. (It was not a typical style of Japanese skaters...)

2. Worlds 2007
Just the same as all of you. He fought with full force and won a silver!!!

3. 4CC 2008
Peeeerfect!!! He showed off his brilliant talent and power toward the world. Just wonderful!!!!

4. Olympics 2006
I can't forget his face expression when he finished FP. I think he has become hungry and a true fighter after Turin Olympics. The experience there was very important for him.

Oh, I'm sorry I picked 4 moments. Hahaha.Razz Razz Razz And the number of the each moment doesn't indicate the order. I cna't rank them! Very Happy Very Happy

GO DAI-CHAN!!!cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?   

Back to top Go down

What are your Dai's memorable highlight scenes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1