News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Grand Prix assignments will be out soon and since there's really no news on Dai for us to discuss, I thought it would be fun to try and guess what assignments Dai will get.

I think he'll definitely be at NHK since he's national champion (and he's been there for the last 3 years). He normally starts early in the series so based on that, I think he'll get either Skate America or Skate Canada as his first event. But since he's looking for a new choreographer, he may request to start later in the series to give himself more time to get his programs ready. If so, then he'll probably end up with Cup of China as his first event (I've noticed he's never been there or Cup of Russia).

Personally, I hope he gets Skate Canada so I can see him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi swandie. I'm looking forward to seeing ISU announcement now.

swandie wrote:
I think he'll definitely be at NHK since he's national champion.
I agree with you. Very Happy But I think there might be a little (very little) possibility he will send to 2 foreign GP games in case JSF doesn't want to put Dai-chan and Nobu in the same competition, NHK. Because Nobu can't be at any GP games unless he is invited. (I think. scratch ) So Nobu will likely participate in NHK.

swandie wrote:
Personally, I hope he gets Skate Canada so I can see him...
Wow, will you go to Skate Canada? Great!! cheers I hope you can see him there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yshion
1A
1A

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:26 pm

I agree with you, miyu. Smile
My guess...Daisuke will not be at NHK Trophy. Nobunari might be there, because he is not guaranteed 2 competition entries for GPS
from his current ISU standing and not having been at ISU events last season. That causes a considerable possibility for Nobu to use
an entry invitation for the local skaters from NHK and a direct invitation from other country. Only if JSF will manage to put Nobu
somewhere else, or they never mind 2 Japanese top-men compete at NHK, Daisuke would be there, and I rather hope so...

At the end of March, I could easily imagine he would get assignments for Skate Canada and NHK. However, his current situation
has made me think to vote for Skate Canada and TEB, if he has already found a choreographer till now. If not, TEB and NHK? scratch

For swandie, I wish he would be at Skate Canada! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:48 pm

miyu wrote:

But I think there might be a little (very little) possibility he will send to 2 foreign GP games in case JSF doesn't want to put Dai-chan and Nobu in the same competition, NHK. Because Nobu can't be at any GP games unless he is invited. (I think. scratch ) So Nobu will likely participate in NHK.

Since he's ranked 28th in the world and is not on the season's best list, Nobu's not guaranteed any assignments but I can't imagine him not getting a host invite for NHK. It is a possibility that they won't pick Dai to take some pressure off Nobu. But meeting before nationals could give Nobu a chance to see how he would do against Dai. He doesn't have to worry about making the final so that's a little less pressure.

TEB could be interesting...Brian will most likely be there and I don't think Dai has gone head-to-head with Brian in a Grand Prix event other than the final before.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 am

I think, NHK and SC or CoC.
NHK for the simple reason that Daisuke sells tickets. He has a huge fan base in his home country.

I think, there is a chance of him going to SA, instead of SC/CoC, because, normally, Nobunari would go this year, but since he can't, it's gotta be another Japanese skater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Thank you for making this interesting topic, swandie! Very Happy
I hope he will be assigned "Skate Canada" and "NHK Trophy". If he gets assignments for Skate Canada and NHK, I have a plan to go both places!! Like a Star @ heaven

swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:56 am

hsuhs wrote:

I think, there is a chance of him going to SA, instead of SC/CoC, because, normally, Nobunari would go this year, but since he can't, it's gotta be another Japanese skater.

I've seen people joke that there has to be a Japanese skater at Skate America to win over Evan Lysacek because for the last 3 years, either Dai or Nobu has won Skate America...over Evan.

It's a little different this year, though, since Evan is not seeded. I would think they'd want to give him the best chance of making the final. Brian is most likely to be picked as SA's 1-3 seed because Jeff will probably be at Skate Canada (and a seeded skater likely won't get back to back events) and Johnny never does Skate America (he'd hate the inevitable Evan vs. Johnny marketing that would come with them both being at the home event). So based on that, I think US Figure Skating wouldn't pick Dai or Stephane as their 4-6 seed in order to give Evan the best chance of making the final. But then again, they could get "stuck" with one of them due to drawing order.

Takahiko Kozuka could be the Japanese skater at Skate America (he is guaranteed two assignments since he placed 8th at worlds) and he could end up being a surprise winner much like Dai was in 2005.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 am

hsuhs wrote:
NHK for the simple reason that Daisuke sells tickets. He has a huge fan base in his home country.

Yeah, I like this reason, hsuhs Very Happy I guess it's the 30th Anniversary for NHK Trophy, so it's going to be wonderful for Daisuke to be there!

swandie wrote:
he(Johnny)'d hate the inevitable Evan vs. Johnny marketing that would come with them both being at the home event

I always wondered why Johnny recently never competed at Skate America, and I predicted he might be there this time.
But you showed me a convincing guess Wink Probably, Evan at Skate America.

swandie wrote:
Takahiko Kozuka could be the Japanese skater at Skate America and he could end up being a surprise winner much like Dai was in 2005.

Wow, I will be so glad if he makes it! It's not that impossible if he performes with consistent 3-3(especially in SP) and 3A.
I hope he will get them (and maybe quad) next season I love you

Leode wrote:
If he gets assignments for Skate Canada and NHK, I have a plan to go both places!!

I wish your plan would come true Wink

As for Daisuke, CoC is another possible choice if his training base for next season is in Japan.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

Yshion wrote:

I always wondered why Johnny recently never competed at Skate America, and I predicted he might be there this time.
But you showed me a convincing guess Wink Probably, Evan at Skate America.

Johnny has never been to Skate America before. He would always request not to do it because Priscella Hill (his coach up until the 2006-2007 season) wasn't able to be there because she had students that had regional competitions at the same time as SA. He didn't do Skate America last year either so I think maybe he likes to start later in the series.

Evan always gets Skate America and since he's only guaranteed one event, it's a good idea for him to be a host invite for SA and then have his "one" event be somewhere else. Personally, I don't want both Johnny and Evan at Skate America because it was awful watching NBC amp up their rivalry at Nationals last season. But there is a chance...there's always a chance...
Back to top Go down
delovely
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:04 pm

I hope Daisuke will be at NHK trophy because it's difficult to go to
other countries to see the competition.

Probably he will be at NHK because of its commemorating 30th anniversary.
Another one is Skate Canada or TEB??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:35 pm

You've raised interesting points, Swandie.

Quote :
I guess it's the 30th Anniversary for NHK Trophy
Didn't know that. Thanks for letting know, Yshion.

Hope we don't have to wait too long anymore. Isn't it today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Yep, they're out now. Dai got Cup of China and NHK.
Was hoping he'd be at Skate Canada but Stephane's there!

I was wrong about Evan and Johnny...both are at Skate America. And Johnny didn't get Russia!!!! He got SA and NHK. I was right about SA not picking Dai or Stephane though.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Wow, CoC and NHK! Shocked
I think both are ideal for Daisuke to tune up well, few time difference between China and Japan.

swandie wrote:
I was wrong about Evan and Johnny...both are at Skate America.

I was soooo surprised to see that! It's going to be a very tough competition for them, but seems really interesting to watch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Yshion wrote:
Wow, CoC and NHK! Shocked
I think both are ideal for Daisuke to tune up well, few time difference between China and Japan.

And he has more time to get his programs ready. This could work out to his advantage.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Thank you for the heads up, swandie!! Very Happy
Wow, big surprise, Daisuke got CoC! Surprised

Yshion wrote:

Yeah, I'm glad that he will not suffer from jetlag anymore. It's gonna be very interesting competitions. Jeff and Tomas also got CoC. And Johnny and Nobunari got NHK Trophy!! Very Happy

miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi everyone!

Yshion wrote:
swandie wrote:
And he has more time to get his programs ready. This could work out to his advantage.
That's true. I think CoC and NHK are good assignments for Dai-chan!! Very Happy
He will get a few extra week to work with new programs and almost no time lag between Japan, China and Korea(GPF) also will be good for him (assuming he will be based in Japan.) Smile Smile

swandie wrote:
I was wrong about Evan and Johnny...both are at Skate America. And Johnny didn't get Russia!!!! He got SA and NHK.
Big surprise, isn't it!! Shocked Shocked SA is going to be an exciting competition. Did you see ladies' assignments of SA? WOW!
Regarding men's field every competition looks very interesting. I hope all of skaters will stay healthy and be able to achieve satisfactory performances.Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:26 pm

So CoC and NHK... Shocked

swandie wrote:
...he has more time to get his programs ready. This could work out to his advantage.
This should be very important for Daisuke... more time to work on his programs and to improve his condition and his stamina at the beginning of the season...

Both at CoC and NHK there're strong skaters who can compete with Daisuke for the winning: Buttle and Tomas at CoC and Nobunari and Weir at NHK... but Dai-chan can do it! Very Happy
It can be also interesting for Daisuke to compete with Oda before Nationals...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09   

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Assignments '08-'09
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1