News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

2007 Grand Prix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: 2007 Grand Prix   Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:38 pm

I'm not sure on which board this should be posted/discussed, but anyway, the ISU just published the assignements for this year's Grand Prix.

Daisuke has been invited to:
Skate America - October 25-28, Reading PA
and (...surprise!!...)
NHK Trophy - November 29-December 2, Sendai

>men entries<

Apparently the Final will be in Torino, even if it's not been announced officially yet. If it's in Torino, I'm definitely going there, otherwise I *might* be considering NHK (many of my favorites will be there).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Grand Prix   Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:52 pm

Thank you for your information, MissC. I will be updating news and schedule. Yeah, I think that the Final will be in Torino, Italy, too. I would like to go and see Daisuke at NHK trophy on December. If you have a chance, pls come to Japan, MissC. Smile

And we will have discussions about this, so I moved topic for schedule to Discussion about Daisuke, thank you!

Last edited by on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Grand Prix   Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:13 am

Quote :
Skate America - October 25-28, Reading PA
and (...surprise!!...)
NHK Trophy - November 29-December 2, Sendai

This sounds familier with 2005 GP and I think that these two are very good entries for Daisuke. But I'm worring about his hard schedule. He's going to have a lot of show in Aug. during his summer holiday. Is it possible that he has a time to practice and rest before competition? That's will be a probelm. Depends on his decision, he can handle with this.

Here is update his schedule!! Looook at lot of show!
Off course, I don't think that he will attend all show now.Shocked

http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/News-Topics-Schedule-Profile-and-others-c1/Schedule-f5/Daisuke-s-Shedule-2007-on-Ice-t4.htm
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Who gonna win?   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Here is 2007/2008 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating schedule.
"TBA" means to be waiting for Plushenko, If he would.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

Following is my comments on the placings for men especially Daisuke and Nobunari Oda's assigned competitions.

*Skate America
It's going to be a fight between Daisuke and Evan Lysacek for gold and silver. I don't know who will get a bronze, maybe, Ryan Bradley will. I'm very interested in Evan's new program.

1st Daisuke Takahashi cheers
2nd Evan Lysacek
3rd Ryan Bradley

*Skate Canada

Brian Jourbert will get a gold with his quad jumps. Nobunari Oda and Jeffrey Buttle will fight to get a silver or bronze. I think that the man who jump a quad completely is going to win in this competition.

1st Brian Jourbert
2nd Nobunari Oda or Jeffrey Buttle

*Trophee Eric Bompard
Brian Jourbert will win second gold. Nobunari and Tomas Verner will be 2nd or 3rd place. Why is Nobunari going to fight Jourbert twice?

1st Brian Jourbert
2nd Nobunari Oda or Tomas Verner

*NHK Trophy
Daisuke will get the gold. And Tomas Verner will get the silver, and bronze is wide open. I'm not sure, but I wish Nakaniwa or Nanri will get a bronze.

1st Daisuke Takahashi cheers
2nd Tomas Verner
3rd Kensuke Nakaniwa or Yasuharu Nanri

And the way to GPF....
I hope that Daisuke will be fine and jump quads twice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Grand Prix   Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Skate America and NHK were pretty much what I was expecting. It looks like he'll have an easier time at his events compared to last year. Also, it's good that he and Miki have the same events this year so they won't have to travel all over the place and can just concentrate on training in-between the two events.

It's also good that NHK won't have both Daisuke and Nobunari this year. I thought it was kind of bad that they had to compete against each other three times last December, and was hoping that wouldn't happen again this year. I'll definitely miss Nobunari, though -- last year's NHK was simply amazing, and the competition just won't have the same excitement without the rivalry hype.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Grand Prix   Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:17 pm

I have a good feeling about Daisuke's chances at SA. He's done this before, he'll be prepared for it. I wish he skates after Evan, so that he'll be able to adjust his program and avoid unnecessary risks. Yes, I mean quads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Grand Prix   

Back to top Go down

2007 Grand Prix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1