News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Osaka Rinkai Sports Center Rink will be closed, too.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yshion
1A
1A

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Osaka Rinkai Sports Center Rink will be closed, too.   Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 pm

swandie wrote:
They've also been talking about using this resin alternative to ice so that skaters can practice some moves. I hear it's not good for edge jumps and things like that.

Do you mean new XTRAICE with plastic(?) boards and special wax? I heard they can cut costs pretty much, so it's worth trying if they have enough rinks...
problem is there are few extra rinks they can try in Japan... Crying or Very sad

And Happy Birthday, swandie! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Osaka Rinkai Sports Center Rink will be closed, too.   Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 am

Yshion wrote:

Do you mean new XTRAICE with plastic(?) boards and special wax? I heard they can cut costs pretty much, so it's worth trying if they have enough rinks...
problem is there are few extra rinks they can try in Japan... Crying or Very sad

Yes, that's what I'm talking about and you're right...without extra rinks to test the stuff, it doesn't mean anything. Hopefully, they'll let more stay open to test the new technology.

And thanks for the birthday wish too! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com

Osaka Rinkai Sports Center Rink will be closed, too.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2