News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke has split with Morozov

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 am

glorydave wrote:
Please, can someone translate Daisuke's words (if there's something new)?
Thank you for the link, glorydave! There aren't anything new. He said "As he is my rival so it will hard for me to have the same coach" and "I thought someone who can concentrate on me more would be better for me and made a decision by myself".

katha wrote:
I've also seen speculation that Daisuke may have been on the move anyway
I think so, too...

I felt strange when I read the interview about choreographer which I've posted before. It was odd for me that Dai-chan said he wanted to skate other choreographer's program and mentioned some exact names.
I guess there had been such a kind of atomosphere between Dai-chan and Morozov even before Wolds.

This is totally based on my imagination... scratch scratch Dai-chan came to have some difficulties to get along with Nikolai's coaching style as he has grown up into a matured and independent person. He tends to use the words like "I decided by myself" frequently these days. He is a creative skater so he might have started to want to take initiative. I mean now he comes to want to express his artistry talent more freely in his own way.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I also remember he answered the question about his ideal girl friend like "I don't want her to dedicate herself to me. I want her to be independant and I want to be so." in TV program 'Bokurano Jidai'. (Sorry I don't remenber precisely.) It seem he doen't like too close relationship even with his girl friend. Wink Wink

I'm really sorry to write such long post which is just my imagination.
I know it's useless to talk about what we don't know the truth. I expect a little Dai-chan will tell something to his fans at his blog soon.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And I hope all of Dai-chan, Nobu and Nikolai will have great results in 08-09 season.cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Thu May 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Well, I have to think that Morozov has taught his everything to Daisuke for three years. Daisuke knew that Nobunari was practicing with Morozov after the Worlds and he made his decision by himself to leave his coach.

swandie wrote:
Someone who commented on my blog suggested that Dai go to Kurt Browning for choreography. What do you all think?
It's very interesting!! Very Happy I love Kurt, however, actually, it is very difficult to choreograph the program for Daisuke because he has already done for Brian. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I'm very interested in Daisuke's next coach, choreographer and programs.
And I hope that Daisuke and Nobunari's friendship won't be changed as same university's mates.

MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Thu May 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Thank you for all the news, quotes, etc.

The way the split happened seems a bit weird, but I'm not really surprised and I'm actually glad that Daisuke is moving on to someone else. Yes, Nikolai helped him a lot in the past 3 years and his last SP was awesome, but I think that Dai has learned everything he could from Morozov and could keep "growing" more with someone else.

As mentionned already, as long as he has Utako Nagamitsu by his side, I don't worry for him. Very Happy
Arigato gozaimas, Nagamitsu-san! (I hope this is more or less a correct way to say it)

miyu wrote:
"Next year it will be nice if I will be able to skate to the pieces of music which I want to skate to most. ..."
I'd be very happy if HE were to choose his music himself... finally. I love Tchaikovsky, but 3 out of Dai's 4 last competitive programs were to his music and I think it's enough. Wink

And I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it if he could work with the choreographer of Bachelorette again. Anyone knows if Dai actually chose that song himself, by the way?

Dai-chan, ganbare!! You're the best!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Thu May 08, 2008 7:09 pm

MissC wrote:
Anyone knows if Dai actually chose that song himself, by the way?
No, the choreographer, Kenji Miyamoto chose the song "Bachelorette" for him. Daisuke talked once that he really liked this kind of dark songs. I think he has only chosen the song "Nocturne" choreographed by himself.

I wish I can see the exhibition program by Kenji or Daisuke's choreographed again.

glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Fri May 09, 2008 12:23 am

An other video about Daisuke's declarations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aIFl49uEbw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Fri May 09, 2008 3:35 am

Quote :
He tends to use the words like "I decided by myself" frequently these days. He is a creative skater so he might have started to want to take initiative

Quote :
I'd be very happy if HE were to choose his music himself... finally.

I too am all for Daisuke's proactive and initiative spirit bounce I'm thrilled to read about him trying a 3A+3Lo+2Lo combo in a show, as miyu's mentioned in another thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   Sat May 17, 2008 10:13 am

Hi, DTFF members!
I made a new topic from this topic.

Who is Daisuke's coach and choreographer next season?
And we are expecting who is qualified person for Daisuke except his long-time coach Utako Nagamitsu.
Recently, Daisuke said "We are now progressing with new programs. Everyone, don't worry about it!" Very Happy

Who is Daisuke's coach and choreographer next season?
http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/discussion-on-daisuke-in-english-f3/who-is-daisuke-s-coach-and-choreographer-next-season-t448.htm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has split with Morozov   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke has split with Morozov
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2