News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:55 am

I found this article on an italian site:
http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/5555

About Daisuke it says:
"Takahashi's manager(?) expressed some perplexities to entrust to the same coach two of the top skaters. We don't know if this fact can prelude to a change of coach by Takahashi or if Takahashi and Oda, who are so friends, can train together, as they do in Kensai. Official news confirm this second hypothesis for now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:13 am

Thanks, glorydave! The Italian article seems to make more sense than the information from all the Japanese articles. Still, we don't know what Dai thinks about the whole thing. We might not hear from him for a while (or maybe even not at all) since he's on tour. It could be that his manager is concerned and may suggest that Dai change but Dai could be ok with sharing a coach with Nobu.

Hopefully Nobu can keep the programs Lori Nichol created for him. Nicolai could just work on the tech stuff with him. I hope there is a resolution for all this soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks very much for all the news, translations, and opinions on this very suprising development everyone.

I was just visiting another website and I read an English interview of Nobunari where he said that Morosov actually approached him several times in the past about becoming his coach (I assume that this was when he was still coaching Daisuke). This seems really strange to me. Rolling Eyes

I remember from the IFS article (the one with Daisuke on the cover) that Morosov said that the reason the Japanese team has been so successful lately is because he has coached/trained many of them. This leads me to have an ugly, nagging suspicion that Morosov's ultimate goal/intent is to get more fame and money in Japan by coaching as many Japanese skaters as he can to success and gold medals (Shizuka, Miki, Daisuke, and now Nobunari). My only concern is that this may hurt or disadvantage some of the skaters that he trains.

Quote :
But, if Dai decides to move on, I'll be behind him 100 percent. It's his life and his career.

I agree with this. If Daisuke's current situation is no longer good for him, then I will completely support his decision to try out something different that may end up working out really well for him. Having this kind of hope or belief makes me feel better. If he stays with Morosov, then I hope that Morosov can really indeed continue to give him the attention and respect that he deserves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 am

Hi UMgal! Long time...you've definitely missed a lot!

UMgal wrote:

I was just visiting another website and I read an English interview of Nobunari where he said that Morosov actually approached him several times in the past about becoming his coach (I assume that this was when he was still coaching Daisuke). This seems really strange to me. Rolling Eyes

I read this too and I was surprised! I really thought it was all the federation's idea. That changes a lot. Dai might feel a bit slighted by this (although he may never admit it) and so it showed in his last 2 performances. (so sorry for being redundant-it just seems to be too much of a coincidence)

Your suspicion about Morozov freaks me out! pale I would hate for these skaters to be used by their coach. Also, someone at another board was concerned that Adam Rippon would get neglected in favor of the Japanese skaters. I've been posting in this thread too much....I'm just worried about this whole situation... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:28 am

UMgal, I read the same interview, and feel the same way you do on this. I, too, find it weird that, as it seems now, Nokolai has always wanted to coach Nobunari.

I think for Nikolai it's not just a 'conquest' of Japan, it's about other countries too Laughing He took, for instance, Adam Rippon with him to the Netherlands before this past Worlds. Why did he want to divide his attention between 3 skaters, 2 of whom were going to have season's most important contest? (Adam's junior season had been over by then).

I don't know how Daisuke feels about this. If despite all these things, he wants to continue his work with Morozov, he should be given a chance to do so, IMO. And if he doesn't, well... It will be his choice either way. I just hate the idea that someone else will decide Daisuke's fate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katha
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Well...this is getting stranger and stranger... Rolling Eyes

Of course it's difficult to know what to believe, since we all don't know these people but from the public impressions of Morozov I've had over the last few years....I can see him doing that.

He seems like a shifty, mercurial character. Suspect That works well for his skaters, but also against them. This seems to develop into the latter case...

On the other hand, it could work out with both Oda and Takahashi in a training group...he seems like a great coach....if you ignore this "not being
particularly trustworthy" business...

Anyway, I hope Daisuke can make a decision he is comfortable with!

Last edited by katha on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for the information, UMgal! Very Happy Very Happy
Actullay I read it yeaterday but I was in no mood to post it.... I'm sorry for you all.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm just disappointed at the way these things happened. If someone, maybe JSF or Morozov, could have had organized well these things (I think it wasn't so difficult to do...), it didn't hurt or make confused anyone, not only Dai-chan and Nobu but also their fans like us. Sad Sad
Or just we don't know the truth and there might be nothing to worry. I hope it.

hsuhs wrote:
It will be his choice either way. I just hate the idea that someone else will decide Daisuke's fate.
I really hope so.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:01 pm

na1129!!
you forgot that Morozov was the choregrapher of Brian Joubert (Lord of the dance, James Bond, Matrix...) before Kurt Browning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:07 pm

interesting about Morozov
http://www.skatetoday.com/articles0405/121904_2.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Tue May 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Nobunari also has updated his blog on 11th.
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/2008/05/post_4.html

I thought it was his very honest feeling. Actually I didn't think he needed to apology and regret about what happened between him and Dai-chan if he took the decision seriously as a top athlete. But as a friend of Dai-chan he couldn't stop saying so.
It seemed he didn't expect this consequence. It made me think that he might have wanted to train with Dai-chan together under Nikolai.

At the begining of the entry he seriously apologized about last year's incident. I'm going to translate the part related to Dai-chan.

I will keep looking back this incident every second in my life.

As you might know, I have switched my coach from Lee Barkell to Nikolai Morozov.

I made the decision by myself after I had talked with Morozov and Lee Barkell who had been my coach in Canada.
Coach Lee Barkell kindly said to me "You have a place here to return whatever happenes." I felt happy from the bottom of my heart that I could meet him and spend 4 years to train with him.
Coach Nikolai Morozov was the coach of Takahashi-Senshu who is a year my senior in university.

I really regretted I broke up their worderful relationship between coach and student as I intervened between them.
Takahashi-Senshu treated me kindly same as usual even though I was placed on suspension.

I'm truly truly sorry that I hurt him and it turned out like I repaid his kindness with ingratitude.
I will practice hard with consciousness and responsibility along with the road which I have decided by myself.

And I would like to become a skater who Takahasi-Senshu admit as a rival someday.

Dai-chan, I would be grateful for you as a skater and as a junior fellow.

Come on Nobu!! I really want to see your cute smail again.Very Happy Our Dai-chan will become stronger even more I love you I love you so practice hard and be confident, Nobu!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katha
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Thank you for translating that as well, miyu!

I agree that Nobunari shouldn't feel guilty about decisions he feels are right for his career and I sincerely wish him a strong comeback next year!
Just as I am sure that Daisuke will have a fabulous season! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Tue May 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Daisuke and Nobunari both have excellent manners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks miyu! If anyone wants to read the entire entry, someone on the Mao forum has translated the whole thing.

It made me sad to read that Nobu felt guilty about taking Nicolai as his coach. Sad Sad He shouldn't feel guilty...I'm sure Dai doesn't have any hard feelings towards him.

Both Dai and Nobu have sort of poured their hearts out into their blog this week. Both write very nicely. I really missed the competition between them last season and I can't wait to see what both their programs.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Wed May 14, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you for translation, miyu! Very Happy

Nobunari took an important decision for his career, so he doesn't have to apologize...
Anyway these words let us know how Nobunari respect Daisuke...
I really hope they will have a wonderfull season and now I want to see them skating at Fiesta on Ice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Thu May 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Tanit Belbin and Agosto have changed their coach too.
And it seems that Brian Joubert will have Evgeny Platov as his choregraph for the next season, instead of Kurt Browning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Thu May 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Also, there is a rumor that Alexandra and Roman Zaretski have left Hackensack, along with Galit Chait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Finally, did Daichan choose a new choregrapher ?
Has he new programs ready for the coming season?
Calendar is running and new programs should be nearly ready for october with the Grand Prix new season!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:48 pm

anne-marie wrote:
Finally, did Daichan choose a new choregrapher ?
Has he new programs ready for the coming season?
Maybe he did, but he hasn't announced it yet. scratch

anne-marie wrote:
Calendar is running and new programs should be nearly ready for october with the Grand Prix new season!!!!
Oh I know what you mean, and share your concern. Yes, the clock is ticking, but he still has time. It isn't easy for Daisuke this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Maybe he did, but he hasn't announced it yet. scratch
There hasn't been any news yet so far. I hope he has found a good choreographer (or choreographers). The best person for him.
Last year the choreograph was delayed too. Morozov finished it just before Counter Match Japan vs US. So I think he still has time.Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Dai has plenty of time (he might have even more depending on when he enters the Grand Prix this season). Who knows, maybe he already found a choreographer but is keeping it under wraps. Most top skaters don't announce their programs until much later in the off season anyway. Brian Joubert's programs are pretty much done but he doesn't reveal them until the French Masters. Some are just getting started...

Mao, for example, just left for Russia to have her short done by Tarasova. Then she will head to Canada where Lori Nichol will choreograph her long program. Yu-Na has picked music and will soon be on her way to Canada to train and get choreography done.

Only thing with Dai though is that he's doing so many shows...he did a lot of shows last season too so I'm sure he'll find a way to get everything done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   

Back to top Go down

Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2