News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sana-ryo
1A
1A

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:53 am

http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/TKY200804180113.html

It is a good interview.queen
Can anyone translate it into English?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:46 am

Hi, sana-ryo. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention. I trust what you say about this being a good article. king It does look quite interesting and the picture is nice too, so I am indeed curious about its content.

I'm sure that someone will be able to help out with the translation soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Thank you sana-ryo for letting us know the article!Very Happy
And I'm sorry I couldn't do it soon....Neutral Neutral

Here you are! Wink Wink

Asahi.com "I decided all by myself. Nothing to regret." 4/18/2008

He recorded the highest score ever (264.41) at 4CC in Feb and then trained in Holland before World Championships to be the first Japanese champion. During the competition he struggled to lift up his mentality which had been uplifted once in Holland. He was also injured in his right big toe and suffered from the lack of conditioning of his new skating shoes which he had changed on a sudden in Holland because the ones which he wore at 4CC didn't fit him well anymore.

He felt he failed in "achieving result" but found it significant in the point of "acquiring experience".

"This time basically I decided everything by myself. Nikolai asked me various things but I decided what to do. I regret nothing. Consequently I could find the issues to improve."

"I made the decision whether to do 2 quads or not. It was my own commitment aiming for Olympics." But he fell at the second quad. Buttle who didn't do any quads won and there appeared the argument 'no need for quad'.
"Joubert and Lambiel can jump quads. I wonder if one can win escaping from quads when all of other skaters perform perfectly. So I want to keep trying it from now. Because I can do it. "

"It was the rusing season. Next season (it will be important) how much I can adjust myself to a really important competition. Time will pass quickly till Vancouver."

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks for translating, miyu! Also, thanks sana-ryo for finding the article. It seems that the injury and getting new boots played a part in his performance at worlds (probably at the Japan Open too).

miyu wrote:

"Joubert and Lambiel can jump quads. I wonder if one can win escaping from quads when all of other skaters perform perfectly. So I want to keep trying it from now. Because I can do it. "[/i]

That's an interesting thought. It sounds like he's seriously looking at Brian and Stephane as his main rivals. Not saying that he's counting others out but he specifically mentioned Brian and Stephane. I'm glad to read that he believes in himself. cheers I hope he can meet all of his goals next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Thank you, miyu! Very Happy

"I regret nothing!"
I hoped for this! I think Daisuke took the right decision at Worlds about quads.
And yes, I think that if people jumping quads (Dai - Stephane - Brian) do it well, it's difficult for the others to gain the podium...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Thank you, guys, for the article and the translation! cheers flower

But... may I make a request? Embarassed I wonder what Daisuke said about going on vacation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:50 pm

You are welcome!

hsuhs wrote:
may I make a request? Embarassed I wonder what Daisuke said about going on vacation.

Woo, soryy I forgot translating this part! scratch scratch But actually there is a little in the article.

After Worlds he went on a trip of three days and two nights with his friends. That was the first trip without skating shoes for him. This spring he graduated from Kansai University in the faculty of literature and enter the grad school. "I feel left behind while my friends have become working people. But I will concentrate more on figure skating."

Even though it was a very short off (poor Dai-chan Sad Sad ), it was nice for him having fun with his friends and forgeting about figure skating for a while. (I've heard he visited one of small islands of Okinawa Islands. Wink Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:37 pm

Thank you miyu! Very Happy

Oh, it's a really short trip... but I'm sure i enjoyed these days with his friends!
There're a lot of galas next months, but I hope he can have some other days of rest! It's a hard woark to be a top skaters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Thank you, miyu! bounce

Quote :
That was the first trip without skating shoes for him.

But not the last, I hope.

I agree, glorydave, - It was a really short trip. But still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:41 pm

miyu wrote:

After Worlds he went on a trip of three days and two nights with his friends.

Thanks miyu! I say he needs another short trip! He looked really tried at the Japan Open! He has a ton of ice shows coming up so I hope he can rest between now and when the shows start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Thank you so much for translation, miyu! Very Happy
I hope that he had a good trip at South island.

Artemis
1A
1A

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 pm

First post here.... Smile

Thank you so much for the article and translation.

swandie wrote:
...It seems that the injury and getting new boots played a part in his performance at worlds (probably at the Japan Open too).
I wondered what was wrong at Worlds. I saw him in practice and his Quad especially was really off. And the 3A didn't work for him in any part of the competition - he even fell during the Gala. Sad
miyu wrote:

"Joubert and Lambiel can jump quads. I wonder if one can win escaping from quads when all of other skaters perform perfectly. So I want to keep trying it from now. Because I can do it. "
We saw that there was nobody catching him when he had the perfect and WONDERFUL skate at 4CC - so I think he is absolutely right to keep the Quads and work on them.

Oh, I wish him all the best. I can't wait to see what kinds of programs he will have next year. I have a secret wish for Tarasova to choreograph his programs - I really think they could do such wonderful things together. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke's interview about world championships. (asahi.com)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1