News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Here is J SPORTS' interview of Dai-chan!!!cheers cheers

I'm sorry I don't have time to translate it right now. But you can see fantastic pictures of him at least. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Enjoy!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.jsports.co.jp/tv/skate/takahashi/index.html

(I will try to translate some later on....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks miyu! The pictures are great. I'll look forward to your translation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sabse
1A
1A

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:41 am

Thank you miyu for showing that cool page! I love you
The photos of him are very good, i can not wait for your translating cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:44 am

Thank you very much miyu! Very Happy
You're right. These pictures are fantastic!

Hi Sabse! Welcome to DTFF! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi swandie, Sabse and glorydve! ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (Hello Sabse! Wink )
Here is the traslation of some Q&A on that page.

(This interview was held in Tokyo last January before 4CC.)

Q: How do you intend to transform the frustrarion of the loss by a narrow margin at GPF for World Championships?
A: I was full of frustrations because of the margin 0.1688. But I wasn't perfect so I could find problems. It was good for me having frustrated feeling. As well as making mistakes in jumps I was worse than him in the part of enthrallment, I think. I'd like to make progress step by step for example by practicing French Cancan which is the most difficult spin for me.

Q: What is the satisfied performance for you?
A: Perhaps I will quit skating when I'm satisfied. Being a competitive athlete I will never take a game as a fully satisfied one. I hope I will be able to perform like I give all I can do at my last game. Actually I don't know what the satisfying performance is. Still I have a lot of things which I have to enhance and there are also possiblities. So I want to seek it from now. I aspire for the best in total , not especially this or that. So my ideal is No1 in every jump and every spin. As I made it as a piece of work so I want people to see it as a whole package. Basically I love peopele look at my performance. I have a desire that I want the audience to forcus on me. It makes difference. I can accelate myself by an air of excitement sometimes so excitement of the audience is very important for me. At Tokyo Worlds I got exhausted but I felt my fatigue blown away by roars from the arena like "WOOOOW" before the final steps. I felt united with all of them.

Q: Which is more important for you, satisfactory content or result?
A: I used to think like "It's good because I attract people and I'm satisfied." But now I consider the result is everything because I could reach here by thinking I won't be able to win witout result at Olympics. If I can skate to win plus make people moved..... Is it a loft ideal? But I think I have to set my ideal high to win. I'll do my best.

Q: You don't have any ideal skater but is there any skater who you think close to perfection?
A: I like Stephane Lambiel's step and way of using the body. He is good at making atmosphere with the audience and has the power which he gets an arena into him. I'm really amazed by Evan Lysacek's physical strength because of his gusty moves throughout a program. I think he has both aspects of elegance and strongness regarding dance part. I'd like to be a skater who can skate differently to every music. Skate cheerfully to cheerful music and gloomily to groomy one.

Q: Is Morozov is a scary person?
A: Is Morozov is scary??? I have no idea.(laugh) I like him as a person but I don't know.(laugh) I think we are a good match. But he often gets angry with me saying "You aren't a kid any more."(laugh) Or "You have to consider the way of practice by yourself." It's a kind of carrots and sticks. He praises me a lot and jumps on me sometimes. Russians are very hot! Unlike american coaches, he raise my spirits when he praises me. I tend to be lazy if I didn't have spanking.(laugh)

Q: Could you let us know about everyday-care of your body and foods?
A: The body care is conditioning by trainig like stretch. I adjust understanding my body. Regarding foods, recently I have become easy to get fat and difficult to lose it after 20yo.(laugh) Figure skating doesn't need long practice so it doesn't burn off calories much. After training I want to eat something fat. I like beer but I don't drink it during season. Before competitions I don't have fat food and I keep light food by having carbohydrate. I have to be more careful from now because I often yield to temptation and eat.

Quote :
practicing French Cancan which is the most difficult spin for me.
Does anybody know what kind of spins French Cancan is??? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi miyu,

thank you so so soooo~~ much for the translation, you made my
day cheers I love you I love you
Its funny that Daisuke is talking about Morozov, i can imagine, that he is kind of strict with his skaters Smile
But i also dont know, what frensh CanCan Spin is, sorry.

Oh, Glorydave, thank you very much for welcoming me, im kind of
relieved Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi everybody,

I read some blog comment which says it could be Daisuke tried to say "flying sit spin" or something but said "French can can" instead by mistake!!! Her theory makes sense to me and cracked me up! If it is in that case, it's so cute mistake, Daisuke! Embarassed (Yusei-san, I agree with you!!)

I spent a few hours last night for net surf with key words "French can can spin figure skate". Never found a clue. The worst (or best) part was that I imagined Daisuke with French can can costume and I made him dance a bit in my head... The image was so sensational!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks for the translation, miyu! Also, welcome Sabse!

Sounds like the frustration of missing the gold at the GPF by such a narrow margin has really propelled Daisuke to work harder! And he loves food! Very Happy But he seems like he has some restraint when it comes to the fatty foods. I saw this video one time where Dai was in New York eating a salad. Then these people come up to him with a plate of fries and fried chicken and he just looks at them funny.

miyu wrote:

I tend to be lazy if I didn't have spanking.(laugh) [/i]

Morozov is definitely like a father to him!!!!! Razz He keeps Dai in line.
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:21 am

Hi, miyu. Thanks very much for the translation of this latest interview! I was thoroughly entertained with the topics brought up in this interview this time (with Daisuke bringing up beer drinking, his getting fat easily after the age of 20, Morosov's spanking him). This really is not your typical Dai-chan interview. afro

His description of his most satisfied performance (achieving a whole package) is also really fascinating to read.

Hi, Sabse. Welcome and I'm glad to see you posting. Cool

Quote :
I spent a few hours last night for net surf with key words "French can can spin figure skate". Never found a clue. The worst (or best) part was that I imagined Daisuke with French can can costume and I made him dance a bit in my head... The image was so sensational!

lol! , Roko.

Quote :
Morozov is definitely like a father to him!!!!!

Or perhaps like a brother to him. I think Morosov would prefer this. Wink

Quote :
But he seems like he has some restraint when it comes to the fatty foods. I saw this video one time where Dai was in New York eating a salad. Then these people come up to him with a plate of fries and fried chicken and he just looks at them funny.

Ha ha ha, wow, I don't remember this. How interesting. Daisuke sure is in super strict control/discipline with his diet. It's not easy to do, but it's admirable. Hmm, by the way, does it seem like he's been mentioning food in like every other interview or blog recently? Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:50 am

Thank you for translattion, miyu! Very Happy

I always love the way Daisuke talks about Morozov... but also the way Morozov talks about Daisuke! Morozov seems to have a big admiration for Daisuke, but also Daisuke seems to have a very high opinion of Morozov and his training... Also reading recent news on web, we can see it's no easy to create the right relashionship between skaters and coach (different top skaters changed their coach...).
I think they can reach great goal by working together! cheers

UMgal wrote:
Ha ha ha, wow, I don't remember this. How interesting. Daisuke sure is in super strict control/discipline with his diet. It's not easy to do, but it's admirable. Hmm, by the way, does it seem like he's been mentioning food in like every other interview or blog recently?
It's true! In the last interviews I read (but also in his blog) he always talked about food! Maybe the fact he can't eat what he wants is the most difficult part of his training for him! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:03 am

UMgal wrote:

Quote :
Morozov is definitely like a father to him!!!!!

Or perhaps like a brother to him. I think Morosov would prefer this. Wink

True. Morozov is only like 10 years older than Daisuke after all but that comment made me think 'father'.

Dai has been talking about food a lot lately! It might be because he's being asked about it more or maybe it's just a topic he likes outside of skating. Wink And the video I saw was something I randomly found on YouTube...I think it was right before the Grand Prix Final. They also showed Dai running around New York trying out hats! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:28 am

Oh swandie, do you remember the name of the video you saw at Youtube?
I would like to see it too, you know.

You think, Morozov is in the 30ies? I always thought, he is older Embarassed

Thank you very much for welcoming me, everyboday I love you sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:47 am

This is the video I saw: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDaUDpS75o&feature=related

The section I was talking about starts at 2:03.

I always thought Morozov was older too but the International Figure Skating Magazine article says that he's is 32 (so does his Wiki page). It says Dai is 22 as well even though he is still 21. I think it might be because it's the March issue and Dai's birthday is March 16 (which is a week from Sunday! Smile).
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks so much for great work for the translation and introducing us nice pics of Daisuke, miyu.
The translation helped us a lot and those pics are very attractive!Very Happy

And Welcome to DTFF, sabse!! Very Happy
I'd like you to enjoy this forum and post the board for the sharing your feeling about Daisuke with us.

Sabse
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Thank you very much for the video, swandie, its really cool flower
I can not believe, that i didnt knewit before Embarassed

Hello Leode sunny
I really agree with you, the Pics of Daisuke are very very attrective cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:38 am

You are welcome as always!! Embarassed

Hi Sabse! Are you enjoying DTFF? Please feel free to post your opinions here. Let's cheer for Dai-chan together!!cheers cheers

GO DAI-CHAN!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!   

Back to top Go down

J SPORTS Interview of Daisuke with fantastic pictures!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1