News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi, DTFF members, I glad to introduce that Daisuke's blog is updated on Feb. 28th, 2008.
高橋選手のブログが2月28日付で更新されていました。

Daisuke's Blog at Kansai University's web
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/

2008 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships

Thank you so much for your supporting during the 2008 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and also thank you for a lot of message for this site. I'm very glad that I've done 2 quads and gotten very high score for my performance! It made me have a confidence to myself, however, I was surprised that many people responds with my score. Because I always didn't aware of it. (laughing)
Overall, I was not satisfied with my performance at 4CC and it was not my limitation. I need more improvements from now for getting the gold medal of Worlds 2008.

By the way, I enjoyed Korean barbecue which I eager to eat in Korea. Before the competition, I put up with meat and I just ate bibimbap tan.(laughing) After the competition, I got the picture at the restaurant as follows↓.

Daisuke's pic with foods

Beautiful Korean barbecue !!! I went to there 3 times for 3 days. I've had a enough for meat. This was my second visit to Korea, I was very satisfied with eating a lot of foods so much. I was also surprised the big Lotte Department which I went , however, I had no time for shopping only enjoyed bulgogi!(laughing)

Wow, I was impressed that Korean was very cheering me in Korea and I realized that the figure skating is getting popular among the Korean people. Moreover, I was astonished by my fan club in Korea and I was so glad that they gave me a lot of letters which wrote in Japanese. Their Japanese is very good. Also Japanese fan came to Korea for cheering me and I recognized that so many fans are supporting me. I must to say thank you all for your supporting me all the time.

It's very cold these days, please take care of yourself, everyone.
I'm keeping a good condition for my perfect performance and new record of the Worlds 2008 step by step.

From Daisuke

Wow, Daisuke enjoyed the competition and Korean foods!! I'm glad to hear that!! Very Happy

glorydave
2A
2A

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:39 am

Thank you very much for transaltion Leode! Very Happy

WOW! I'm very surprised and very happy that Daisuke updates his blog so frequently!

It's really funny that he always writes about food!

Quote :
...I was not satisfied with my performance at 4CC ...
I can't understand, but I appreciate that Daisuke always wants to do better...

Quote :
I'm keeping a good condition for my perfect performance and new record of the Worlds 2008 step by step.
... perfect performance and new record... I love reading Daisuke is so confident! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks for translating, Leode! Dai's so cute when he talks about food! Very Happy He looks so happy in the photo!

glorydave wrote:

Quote :
...I was not satisfied with my performance at 4CC ...
I can't understand, but I appreciate that Daisuke always wants to do better...

Daisuke is quite the perfectionist! He's constantly finding something to improve upon. It kind of shows off his humility and great work ethic because he doesn't "take it easy" on training just because he has won competitions or set a new world record. And he's a better skater for it. If he didn't have this attitude, he probably wouldn't be the skater (and the person) we know and love. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:21 pm

"Overall, I was not satisfied with my performance at 4CC and it was not my limitation. I need more improvements from now for getting the gold medal of Worlds 2008."
I can't understand why he is not satisfied! having the best man scores with 2 strong programs. Of course it is always possible to improve, but I think that his performances in Korea are sufficient to make him the favourite for the Worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:45 pm

anne-marie wrote:
Of course it is always possible to improve, but I think that his performances in Korea are sufficient to make him the favourite for the Worlds.

Yes, he did almost perfect perfomances, but I think that Daisuke never satisfy with his performance until he gets the gold of Winter Olympics in Vancouver. I like his positive attitude like that. Because 3 years ago, I know that he felt down with his performance and he lost his confidence .

Shatterpoint
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Wow. He really is a perfectionist.

It's nice to hear it's not his limit though... if he skates to his limit at Worlds he'll have another World record to his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thesplatzone.blogspot.com
Leode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:41 am

swandie wrote:
He's constantly finding something to improve upon. It kind of shows off his humility and great work ethic because he doesn't "take it easy" on training just because he has won competitions or set a new world record. And he's a better skater for it. If he didn't have this attitude, he probably wouldn't be the skater (and the person) we know and love. I love you
Yeah, I totaly agree with you, swandie. His attitude makes him more stronger than before.

Shaterpoint wrote:
if he skates to his limit at Worlds he'll have another World record to his name.
Yey!! I hope so!! king

miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi everyone! Thank you Leode for your translation!
I always love his friendly style of writing in his blog.

anne-marie wrote:
I can't understand why he is not satisfied!
I agree with what swandie wrote! He is a remarkable perfectionist!! cheers
And maybe he needed to say so to motivate himself up for Worlds.

But I think the cultural background effected the way of saying a lttile too. Japanese people tend to prefer modest or humble behavior. So we rarely say like "I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!" especially in public. Hahaha. Razz Razz

Actually I think he was satified with his performance at 4CC. You can see it from his face expression in the picture!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007   

Back to top Go down

Daisuke's blog was updated 02/28/2007
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1