News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Champions on Ice tour cancelled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:32 pm

Here is sad news from Chicago Tribune Com.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-071211ice,1,3663869.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

"Champions on Ice, the top figure skating tour in the United States for more than a quarter-century, is dead.

The handful of Champions dates tentatively scheduled for 2008 will be cancelled, and the tour will be subsumed by its rival, Stars on Ice, the sources said."

I can't believe this! I was expected to see Daisuke in U.S. next time. Sad

Shatterpoint
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 pm

I really hope this ends up not happening... I love COI, and have never been a big fan of Stars on Ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thesplatzone.blogspot.com
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:07 pm

Thanks so much for this information Leode! Yeah, I heard about this earlier and it really is quite sad. COI is ending after so many years most likely due to the lousy ticket sales. I was there one year ago and the arena was barely half filled I think. Sad

Well, I guess this means it's time to switch to SOI/Stars On Ice. Is it possible for Daisuke to appear on SOI one day I wonder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:03 pm

UMgal wrote:
Is it possible for Daisuke to appear on SOI one day I wonder.
He will appear on SOI as a guest skater next month in Japan. I got the ticket! Smile

People might have been bored with conventional style. So, Figure Skate society needs talented versatile dancer like Daisuke! bom He said at an interview that he would be happy if his Swan Lake performance somehow changes current Figure Skate. Go Arrow Dai-chan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:03 am

Quote :
So, Figure Skate society needs talented versatile dancer like Daisuke! bom He said at an interview that he would be happy if his Swan Lake performance somehow changes current Figure Skate.

Roko, cheers cheers cheers santa!!

Quote :
He will appear on SOI as a guest skater next month in Japan. I got the ticket! Smile

Have a good time when you see him at SOI in Japan, Roko. Very Happy Will he be at SOI in America too someday? I love you sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shatterpoint
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:20 am

I really hope Kimmie Meissner does another skating show benefitting the Cool Kids Campaign... it was in my hometown and was a great show. Made up for me missing Champions on Ice this year.

I would love if she managed to get Stephane and Daisuke to be in the show if she does it again. I'm not a big fan of Stars on Ice, so it'd be a stretch for me to go to see it... for Daisuke maybe, but I'd rather have Champions on Ice or Kimmie's Angels on Ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thesplatzone.blogspot.com
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:31 am

This is sad indeed. I've been going to COI for the last two years and I always had a good time. I normally don't care for SOI because the skaters they have are ones I'm either not that familiar with or ones I don't care for. But this year, Shen and Zhao are supposed to do the U.S. tour. It's been a dream of mine to see them live so I think I might go to SOI this year.

I would love it if Daisuke came to any show in America (or at least Boston during the school year and Washington, D.C. during the summer)! Kimmie's show was close enough to my hometown but I was away at school during that time so I didn't get to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Carol
1A
1A

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:34 pm

I'm so disappointed about this. I would go to SOI if Daisuke was in it - maybe other favorite skaters. But I really, really don't like it. COI is much better. SOI usually has some type of theme they use for the season and I usually find it boring. I like it better when the skaters choose their own exhibition programs to skate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions on Ice tour cancelled   

Back to top Go down

Champions on Ice tour cancelled
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1