News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yukisnowflake
1A
1A

Number of posts : 225
Localisation : London Canada (country of the Battle of the Blades)
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:35 pm

After 3 months and 22 days in coma, the 18 years-old Manuela Gorsova woke up.

The girl, crushed by the World Skate Champion Maxim Staviski, was moved from the reanimation of Military Hospital - Sofia to neurosurgery section, informed general Stoian Tonev, chief of the hospital last night.

Manuela is on her own breathing, but still not in complete consciousness. She is feeding alone.

Next step for the girl is long rehabilitation for recovery of movements' coordination. Experienced psychologist will also take part in Manuela's treatment.

All doctors believe that exist all necessary conditions for recovery. No one can say now how precisely has been injured the central nervous system of the girl.

We remind you that Manuela was victim ion the severed car accident on August 5.

Link to article:http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_768701962
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Thank you yukissnowflake   Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:53 am

Thank you so much for this latest important news yukisnowflake! I have been following and concerned about this case for quite a while now. It really is a miracle and a blessing that this girl has awaken and I hope that this lifts a burden off of Maxim's (and Albena's) shoulders as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yukisnowflake
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi UMgal:

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I too have been awaiting a long time to learn about an update on the condition of Manuela, the coma victim, in this sad incident.

I can relate in particular to this statement in the article:

{Quote}:
All doctors believe that exist all necessary conditions for recovery. No one can say now how precisely has been injured the central nervous system of the girl.{Quote}

My son was in a coma after he was a victim in a car accident 14 yrs ago. (he was 13 yrs old at the time).
We had to await his coming out of his coma for about 2 wks. then we had to deal with the possibility of permanent 'brain injury".
He was in the hospital for 4 months then had to be monitored for at least 5 years to see the extent of his brain injury.
I don't wish those circumstances on anyone. Very truamatic.

Thankfully everything turned out okay & he returned to his original healthy self.

I hope she recovers fully & wish her & her loved ones well.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:21 am

I'm very sorry about your son, yukisnowflake.
I don't know what I'd say to you. It was very hard times for you and family.

yukisnowflake wrote:
Thankfully everything turned out okay & he returned to his original healthy self.

It was miracles for your son and the girl under the coma.
Yes, I hope she recovers fully as she had, too.

UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi, yukisnowflake. I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a similar experience with your son as well. I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for you and your family to have gone through this and it takes real strength to get through it. After such an experience, a person can only come out stronger and more resilient I believe. And most importantly, your son is indeed doing well now and enjoying his life right? Very Happy

God bless you, your family, your son, and Manuela as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:13 pm

That's good news. I hope Manuela continues to get better. And yurisnowflake, I'm sorry about what happened to your son but I am glad that he (as well as you and your family) was able to make it through just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swandie27.livejournal.com
yukisnowflake
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks all:

For your kind words re: my son's health & the similar situation that our family experienced.
My son's accident happened in Mar. 1993, was in a coma for 3 weeks, released from hospital in June 1993 in time for him to gradutate Grade 8 along with his fellow classmates.
He is now 28 yrs. old, living on his own, has a good job & wonderful girlfriend.

That's why my interest in the news of Manuela's condition & progress has taken priority lately over the other facts in the tragic accident.

I've been waiting with bated breath for news of her stituation.
I hope to keep you all up to date on her progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months   

Back to top Go down

Staviski's Coma Victim Wakes Up After Almost 4 months
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1