News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano   Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:40 am

This is an interesting article posted by Iceman on fsuniverse.net/forum. I don't know if any of you have seen it or know about it. It's about the difficulties that Yukari Nakano has faced as a skater because she does not have a sponsor. This might be of interest to some of you.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20071125jg.html

It's sad that these kinds of things actually go on in figure skating. Yukari is skating so well right now though and her current Grand Prix event results (second at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia as well as making the Final) surely make her deserving of getting a sponsor soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano   Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up, umdgirl0506. Very Happy

Quote :
Now is the time to step up and be counted. If you are interested in sponsoring Nakano, you can contact me at: sports@japantimes.co.jp and I will put you in touch with her manager or the JSF.

If I have a lot of money, I will contact to above address quickly and help Yukari to go on in figure skating. I think this is same thing as Daisuke. He has no big company's sponsor. Now Kansai University and his home Kurashiki pref. are only supporting him, however, he needs a lot of money for coaching, choreography and transportation's charges etc. for 3 years, if he gains some money from Gala.

Now I recently noticed he's always wearing the training clothes as "PUMA". I'm wondering that "PUMA" is his spoinser or not.

UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano   Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am

You're very welcome Leode. I'm glad that I could contribute some information to the forum this time as well. Usually it's you and the others who post the articles or translate them! Very Happy

Wow, it is so nice of you to think of sending Yukari help immediately if you could! I think some of the posters on fsuniverse.net/forum are thinking of doing the same thing as well!

Wow, I had no idea that Daisuke might be in the same situation as Yukari! Shocked No Oh no. I know that he is graduating from school soon right, so does that mean he will lose sponsorship from his school when that happens? However I'm sure that due to the quality of his skating and his excellent results in the figure skating standings, this should be enough for him to attract a big-company sponsor right (maybe even an American one)! And if he achieves his ultimate goal at the world championships this year or the next....hmmmm.....

Wow, you are right again, he has indeed been wearing a lot of "PUMA" training clothes (hats too maybe??) recently. PUMA would actually be a really good sponsor for him and hopefully they really are sponsoring him right now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano   Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 pm

Thanks UMgal!

How pity... Sad Sad
Yukari has decided to enter a graduate school of Waseda univ. So I think she will continue to compete as a amateur till Vancouver at least. I really hope she can find a good sponsor very soon.
I've heard the figure skate competitors who are based in Tokyo can practice only early morning and late night because of the short of facilities.....

And of course I hope Dai-chan can continue satifactory training with good sponsors!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano   

Back to top Go down

Lack of sponsor hurting Nakano
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1