News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:32 pm

Early in the morning of On 27th, 2007, Nobunari Oda were set to file papers by Police in Osaka for driving on his moped under the influence of alcohol 0.3. He admitted to drinking two glasses of beer and a glass of spirits as he had a meeting with his university's teachers before being stopped on his moped at a police checkpoint.

On 27th his interview for apology, he said "I'm very sorry about this and apologize to all fan that are always supporting me." and cried. According to Japan Skating Federation, Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nobeyama Ice Show on July 28, 2007 and also has suspicious that he may have to withdraw from Skate Canada and Trophee Eric Bompard depends on Japan Skating Federation Seiko Hashimoto's decision that will be announced next week.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070727-00000180-jij-spo

*********************************************************************************
To DTFF members

I'm very sorry to introduce this news to you.
This news made me very shock and sad. I couldn't believe this until I saw a broadcast news on T.V. Nobunari is not a child, he is a 20 years old man. So, I think that he has a responsibility about what he's done. Whatever it is, law is law and his behavior is illegal.

And I hope that he will get over this. Because Nobunari is always one of my favorite skaters and he was gifted as figure skater. I have to be more cool down. And I just wait and see for JSF's decision for him until next week.

Leode
Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 am

I heard about this yesterday and was very shocked as well. Some more info on the situation is available in this article: http://www.sanspo.com/sokuho/070727/sokuho082.html

It says that a decision about his punishment will be reached next week, and that he is under house arrest until then. In addition to his withdrawal from the Nobeyama Summer Festival, his JOC-funded training trip to Canada planned for next month has been canceled. As further punishment, he may be stripped of his "special strengthening athlete" status (the status that gives him the highest level of JSF funding), and be forced to withdraw from his GP events.

Nobunari broke the law, so he should be prepared to face the legal consequences. But I think this is just way too much. At this rate, his season will be ruined. The media frenzy surrounding this is horrible, as well. I can't imagine any other country where a figure skater getting a DUI would be front page news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:02 am

Quote :
Nobunari broke the law, so he should be prepared to face the legal consequences. But I think this is just way too much. At this rate, his season will be ruined. The media frenzy surrounding this is horrible, as well. I can't imagine any other country where a figure skater getting a DUI would be front page news.

ITA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leode
Admin

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:32 am

Quote :
Well, I don't think that this is just way too much. In Japan, this is very serious problem and the law of DUI is more strict at Autumn 2007. Now, in case of more than blood limit 0.25mg of the DUI's punishment is sentenced under one year in jail or fined $2500, however this law will be changed under 3 years or fined $3500 at Autumn.

In some reason, Nobunari is a famous figure skater in Japan. Because he descended from the mighty 16th century warlord Nobunaga Oda who is very famous historical person. Everybody in Japan knows Nobunaga Oda. That's why I think that he should consider his influence depends on his behavior as a figure skater. It made me sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:28 am

I absolutely agree that Nobunari should pay whatever fines and face whatever legal punishments as dictated by the law. But I think stuff like the JSF removing him from the GP or taking away his funding is going overboard. The federation will only be hurting themselves in the long run by doing that.

I'm well aware that Nobunari is a famous person in Japan and that this offense is taken very seriously because of his status and figure skating's huge popularity right now. I'm not surprised that this is such a big deal in Japan; in fact, I would be more surprised if it wasn't. I understand the reasoning behind all this. But I still don't agree with it. In the US and many other countries, Nobunari wouldn't even have been over the limit. Though of course, he was in Japan, so he should suffer the legal consequences for breaking the law. But the extra punishments from the JSF seem too much to me, even though I understand why they're doing it.

Anyway, I'm not questioning the rationale, and I don't mean any offense. This is just my personal opinion. Maybe I just can't see eye-to-eye with Japanese culture on some things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyu
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:57 am

I'm very very sad to hear this news........

Yes,unfortunately Japanese people is now very serious and sensitive to DUI because we have had a lot terrible traffic accidents caused by DUI recently. It is considered a serious social problem.

And this is what I have feared. Japanese figure skaters are too busy! I have been afraid of injuries or such trobles. They have just come back to Japan on 25th from Italy and will have to be on the ice in Nobeyama today. It's mad.

What Nobunari has done is basically due to his carelessness. But I think JSF should be also blamed for this accident because they allowed this very hard schedule of Japanese figure skaters. I don't know well how much JSF has involved in planning these skate shows though.

Dai-chan, Nobunari and other skaters are not professional skaters. They are amateur athletes and most of them are students too.... I sympathized with Nobunari.

I really hope Nobunari will be able to continue his career and we will be able to see him laughing on ice soon again.

I think Dai-chan was shocked to hear this news... They are so good mates and rivals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Now that I read that Nobunari is placed under house arrest and will remain under it till the meeting next week, I'd love to see something constructive happen. I can only imagine how he feels after everything he's been through these days. Staying at home, doing nothing isn't doing him any good. What if he asked for a permission to attend group therapy sessions, or an AA meeting. The kid needs support and help, now more than ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show   

Back to top Go down

Nobunari will voluntarily withdraw from the Nebeyama show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1